8 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I think many of us...

Amen brother. I would have been happy to see some pictures, but to be frank; it doesn't bother me at all. We'll see.

Patience probably comes with age :tongue:

I do feel in last 15 years or so we have been spoiled almost as information is so freely available before things are actually released.  Remember the days when I had to wait for monthly magazine to see all new stuff, now I don't buy any magazines hardly as by time get its old news, only buy if have an article want to read.

Its same now from motorbikes to cars, RC models and Lego, also with films to much is known to soon and trailers show to much! 

Have seen leaked pics and all look pretty cool I need to decide on what to get this year lol!!

14 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I think many of use are spoiled (me including). Why do we even want to get information in January about anything we can only get in August? Why can't we just wait until it's August and see what hits the shelves then? It's as if we deliberately set up ourselves for the dread of having to wait 7 months, while instead we can just enjoy the shiny new 2018H1 sets that have just arrived in shops. Really, it's so strange if you think about it. I think we would lead a happier life with less distraction if we were to simply abandon this whole news stuff and went on with our business and see for ourselves when any new sets actually arrive. Of course, it's fun to speculate, but I wouldn't mind if we skipped a half-year and start speculation about 2019H1 in January 2019...

Fully agree... but I perfectly know that it’s inside every adult fan the small kid is still strong.

I remember myself, when I was about 10yo) dreaming for hours while looking at the new forthcoming sets shown inside LEGO catalogue... that I just received together with a brand new set! :laugh:

It was over 30 years ago (l’m 47), but nothing have changed in such a long time... except for the amount of LEGO I own (much much much more)!!! :blush:

Don't know about others, but the info we already have (small watermarked images, price, brief description of functions), which will always be given early anyway for marketing purposes, is enough for me to know pretty clearly what I will be purchasing from 2H, I don't need detailed pics, videos etc. until the products hit the shelves. Speculating is nice and all, but if you're considering budgeting purchases you should already have a ballpark figure to expect to come out of your wallet either later this year or spread out over the production lifetime, so there's not much reason to be so impatient. Especially since most of the discussion is redundant unless you plan to buy the sets as they come out, as otherwise you'll just wait for detailed reviews and inventories etc. to decide anyway.

Plus, I have to say, engaging in extensive discussion of products before they are even out kind of kills the buzz when you actually get your hands on them. It's often just better to get the set and discover it yourself while building it, as we used to do as kids. Although theorycrafting is fun on its own.

1 hour ago, anatem said:

Plus, I have to say, engaging in extensive discussion of products before they are even out kind of kills the buzz when you actually get your hands on them. It's often just better to get the set and discover it yourself while building it

Totally agree, dissecting these models before we lay hands on them diminishes a lot of the "wow" factor that makes the building process so enjoyable. I personally like a few surprises along the way!

Gee whiz, thought I was in the wrong thread there for a minute, anyhow. 

Haveing just bought all of the 1H sets, with the exception of the Mack truck, just don't care much for the trailer. I have decided that the First Responder is the "Best" set of the bunch. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was for the price and part count, probably even buy a second one. 

I have quite a few thoughts on the other sets as well but I thought I would wait and express them in the review threads, if they ever come. 

Anyway seems it's time to save for the 2H sets they all look great, so far. I dare say one of the best waves ever. 

Your expectations are low :grin:

Forklift look average, not really great :sadnew:

Volvo look boring, not technical and very expensive for what it does. Far from great:look:

Forest truck is also overpriced, low playability, too few functions, poor design. Not great even with new switch :wacko:

Crane is ok, not stellar but compared to its predecessor ... 42070, almost great :sweet: 

Edited by Timoonn

29 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

Your expectations are low :grin:

Volvo look boring, not technical and very expensive for what it does. Far from great:look:

Forest truck is also overpriced, low playability, too few functions, poor design. Not great even with new switch :wacko:

Crane is ok, not stellar but compared to its predecessor ... 42070, almost great :sweet: 

Man, suddenly feel disappointed in them all, guess I'll go sit in the corner for awhile. 

1 hour ago, Timoonn said:

But like... it’s a forklift. What were you expecting? :sceptic: There’s only so much they could do and they pretty much nailed it. Or do you generally find forklifts average?

I agree with @Johnny1360 in saying that this 2H is one of the top we’ve had in recent times. I reckon it’s easily on par with 2015 and 2016.

Edited by Bartybum

The use of one single arocs rack in a central position is not a great idea in term of design, I think. It looks bizarre :sceptic:

Edited by Timoonn

Why not? It’s a bit unorthodox I’ll admit, but some forklifts do have a single hydraulic telescope in the centre.

31 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Bugatti looks really great! Best supercar ever produced.

Where did you see this?

Edit: oh wait, do you mean you've seen the real one or the Lego technic one? :blush:

Edited by allanp

19 minutes ago, allanp said:

Where did you see this?

Edit: oh wait, do you mean you've seen the real one or the Lego technic one? :blush:

Considering his history, I'm betting on the technic one. Two basic questions I would have that I don't think would reveal too much would be:

1) Azure + Dark Blue or Azure + Black?

2) How much System parts is used to make details, especially in the interior?

EDIT:

By his history I mean among other things

I just visited the Nuremberg toy fair... in the secret room there were the Solo sets, Jurassic World, Harry Potter and Beasts, Bugatti, Incredibles2, Batman...

Edited by Huaojozu

YES! Exactly what I hoped for. Now if only it's accompanied by some interesting technical bits, it will be literally perfect.

4 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Mix of system and technic should be nearly in the same way like Mack Anthem. 

I am curious, did they mention any technical specs vis-a-vis the shortcomings of the previous model (i.e. the porsche)? I dunno like "We realize the previous model was fundamentally flawed but we fixed those now!"