5 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The Volvo Autonomous is my priority one. Interesting fact: it's the first Technic set with Claas tyres to not feature PF off the bat.

Actually no, there's a Ninjago H1 set this year that has 1 Claas tire, a big robot of some sort.

Just now, degenerate said:

Actually no, there's a Ninjago H1 set this year that has 1 Claas tire, a big robot of some sort.

Actually, he said "first Technic set" :laugh:

Just now, Jim said:

Actually, he said "first Technic set" :laugh:

Alright alright, you are technically correct, the best type of correct  :laugh:

1 minute ago, degenerate said:

Alright alright, you are technically correct, the best type of correct  :laugh:

Do you work at TLG, or the Central Bureaucracy? :laugh:

1 hour ago, allanp said:

42080 is definitely day one, probably multiple purchase for me depending on the valves :laugh:

That's my second choice. I'm very curious about these mysterious pneumatics.

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There are also 2 red pins with bush in the front portion of the lower body. They signify the integration of two seperate modules. I'd say there is a large turntable under the cabin. It doesn't need a knob to rotate. The superstructure of 42053 doesn't need a knob to rotate either.

Yeah - a large turntable on those pins - you should really be able to see the black cog part of it, but I think it's just all in shadow. The DBG panels are quite far apart (11L - 13L maybe?) which masks it perhaps. The 5x7 frame fits exactly in front of the turntable, so I'm pretty sure that's where it is.

Edited by JonathanM

On 7/1/2018 at 6:17 PM, allanp said:

IT'S A NEW VALVE TELLS YA! 

It is an extremely interesting news :wub:

The new valves would be more versatile if there's also an axle hole out the top, but there doesn't seem like there'd be enough plastic for it. Still, a good improvement on the current IMO.

New valve or not new valve, the model look pretty bad. I'll wait another set coming next years to grab these valves ("old" one are still viable for many contructions)

Edited by Timoonn

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Do you work at TLG, or the Central Bureaucracy? :laugh:

That's my second choice. I'm very curious about these mysterious pneumatics.

I don't work for TLG, if I did I wouldn't be sharing stuff on here, I'm just a regular guy with a passion for technic and sharing :wink:

The already discussed steering feature of the 42080 isn't actually that new. The 8443 from the 80s I think features a similar system where an axle is steared additionally to a turntable.

18 minutes ago, degenerate said:

I don't work for TLG, if I did I wouldn't be sharing stuff on here, I'm just a regular guy with a passion for technic and sharing :wink:

Whoops! Sorry. :grin:

Welp, following the advice earlier, I ordered the CLASS, should be here this coming Thursday, it's gonna make some cool MOCs...

On-topic.. The crane looks interesting, I don't know what to think yet, unfortunately the photo has been taken down. There wasn't a photo, what would make you think that?

P.S. Can I be vice-president of the S.H.A Maaboo35?

Edited by XtremeBuilder

Does a new valve mean a new gen of pneumatics, or just an evolution of second generation? It is a totally new component after all.. and it sounds very useful. can't wait to grab a couple.

Why are pneumatic air tanks so rare and expensive. they're a great item, but seem to have been discontinued years ago - but i could be totally wrong on that one.. :sceptic:

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

Why are pneumatic air tanks so rare and expensive. they're a great item, but seem to have been discontinued years ago - but i could be totally wrong on that one.. :sceptic:

You will find a white air tank in the education set 9641.

I saw the Mack Anthem at the Lego Store today, impressive.  Looks like a nice GBC parts pack, so I plan on picking it up at some point this year.

6 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

I have the submarine. Have had it for years. Mind you i dont buy for parts. Sorry for off topicness

Edited by AdrienHolden

42080 looks very interesting indeed and even more so if it features a similar (or improved) steering system to that of 8443 which was a really good set.

Edited by tohan

11 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Does a new valve mean a new gen of pneumatics, or just an evolution of second generation? It is a totally new component after all.. and it sounds very useful. can't wait to grab a couple.

I would love some air tanks in new sets.

Considering my preference for Technic and my general indifference for LEGO Superheroes, I'm quite looking forward to what's coming up for Batman.

13 hours ago, kolbjha said:

You will find a white air tank in the education set 9641.

+1,  (US) https://education.lego.com/en-us/products/pneumatics-add-on-set/9641 (UK) https://www.amazon.co.uk/9641-LEGO-Education-Pneumatics-Add/dp/B001NLVDOC

It's relatively expensive in most territories, but a good source of pneumatic parts.  Or the air tanks are widely available on Bricklink for £10 upwards. 

Sorry for going off-topic :classic:

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

Considering my preference for Technic and my general indifference for LEGO Superheroes, I'm quite looking forward to what's coming up for Batman.

There will be a remote controlled Batmobile this year, controlled via your phone or tablet.

I don't know what type of brick will do the controlling though.