8 minutes ago, Jim said:

Don't do this. There's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun, but please adhere to forum rules. Especially since @Milan already posted a warning. 

Thank you so much for being a part of this. Me getting told off by Jim for acting as Jim telling someone else acting as Jim to not act as Jim is just pure Jimception at its finest.

Regarding the sets, I don’t see the new valve people are talking about. I see the gear but the rest is hidden behind the watermark so it’s almost impossible to see. I can see some blue but I don’t know whether that’s pneumatic tubes connected to the supposed valve.

The first time I saw 42080 I thought the gear was to rotate the cabin and boom (from the angle I thought it kinda looked like they were slightly out of line with the front chassis). Although thinking about it I couldn’t think of a reason for them being able to.

@Ivan_M I go with names on brickset:

https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Dark-Green/category-Technic

https://brickset.com/parts/colour-Earth-Green/category-Technic

So for future references, Bricklink Green = Brickset Dark Green, and Bricklink Dark Green = Brickset Earth Green ?

About the steering, 42080 has both articulation steering and front axle steering. Since there is only one HOG knob in the rear body I think these two steerings are linked. 

But I dont know if in real life there is such presence of both kinds. Is there? If yes, what is the purpose? Like, why not just steering for two front axles instead? Anyone has any idea?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Yes Brickset uses TLG names. I think BL names are much more fitting, I mean what kind of shade you imagine when saying earth green? I don't like this system of two names, but the butter is on TLG head for bringing out weird names.

28 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

About the steering, 42080 has both articulation steering and front axle steering. Since there is only one HOG knob in the rear body I think these two steerings are linked. 

It's really strange. The cab and crane arms are obviously rotated away from the front portion of the base. You can see that the DBG panels are skewed away from the green 15L beams. The beams are also 7 studs apart, while the white technic bricks for the crane base are 9 studs apart, yet the right hand one appears inside the right hand beam (it's likely off the back, rotated around).

I wonder if there's a large turntable in the 5x7 frame at the front (the frame is at between the 15L green beams - you can just see a sliver of the bottom edge under the lights below the cabin). You can also see that the double front lights are rotated slightly away from the front of the frame as well. It's far more at the back, suggesting the turntable is in that front frame.

I find it more interesting the more I look at it!

The more I see, the more is 42080 growing on me. I like the overall shape of the vehicle, the expected functions, new pneumatic parts and I even like the color scheme.

I wonder if the saw blade is driven by something or just able to spin manually.

I've spent a solid 5 minutes now eyeing over the image in the catalogue which is a bit better quality than the picture of it, and that is definitely a new valve with an axle hole.

Interesting that the input/outputs are on the  "thin" side of the valve if that makes sense, I reckon it will make it easier to integrate the valves into builds.

There are also 2 red pins with bush in the front portion of the lower body. They signify the integration of two seperate modules. I'd say there is a large turntable under the cabin. It doesn't need a knob to rotate. The superstructure of 42053 doesn't need a knob to rotate either.

It looks like 42080 set is more interesting than I thought :sceptic: and steering system could be very interesting if LEGO designers integrate artuculated and front axle steering :blush:

I think the steering is like this

-- -- 20z -- -- -- -- -- 20z --
turntable                  gear rack

The direction of the 42080 is like this I think

--------\  front
 rear         \
                  \ |  cabin
                    |

14 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

Are there any real vehicles which combine both?

Both of what?

Just now, Frequenzberater said:

Articulated steering AND front axle steering as mentioned by I_Igor

Yes, there are real life vehicles to have that.
I can remember that Valtra tractors:

33F5BVU.jpg

As I have not been able too see the new valve a question for some one who has. Is the new axel hole placed in the middle a bit like the white clutch gear so it can be spun in the center or is it replacing the leaver or do we still have a leaver and the axel hole?

@Cardboy It is like this

-   -   -

-   -   -

o  -  x  -  o

x is axle hole

o is pin hole

No lever

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

@Ngoc Nguyen

That is interesting from your diagram are the pin holes now 5 studs apart or is it still 3?

I wonder how they might now limit the rotation if you wish to motorise, if it is free to rotate 360 your going to need some fine motor control / gearing or if it has an internal stop and you use a motor too much torque and your going to bust them or need several clutch gears.

I also wonder if we may see a self regulating compressor

Edited by Cardboy

So let's talk about pricing, eh?
42080 is pretty similar to 42053 in many ways imo, it has the same amount and types of pneumatic cylinders, I don't think the part count is that different either, and before anyone goes off telling me "there's no way this set has more than 700 parts!!11!1", go read the 42053 thread where everyone was saying the exact same stuff and even went as far to say TLG were straight up lying about the part count printed on the box.
The noteable difference is the presence of PF.
42053 had a price tag of 90 euro upon release according to BrickSet, although it was 110 euro here in Sweden for some reason.
I'm guessing this set will land somewhere at 120-130 euro, and after what we've learned in the past days I have to say that this is the first of the H2 sets I'll get, those new valves look very interesting.
I will know the prices of the H2 sets for sure at the start of April when we get the price list for all of the H2 sets, and of course I'll let you guys know as soon as I do. :classic:

42080 is definitely day one, probably multiple purchase for me depending on the valves :laugh:

Just now, allanp said:

42080 is definitely day one, probably multiple purchase for me depending on the valves :laugh:

Agreed, if those valves are as awesome as we think I'll want way more than 2  :laugh:

One of each H2 set bought immediately, then extra parts if something interesting is in there. H1 I'll probably buy a second Mack to do the garbage truck, I wonder if there's any similarly great B-model in H2.