19 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

*acting as Jim* Please do not ask for pictures in this thread. You can PM each other as much as you want. :angry:

While what you said is true, telling other members what to do is never a good idea on a forum. Just use the report button.
Other than that, yes, let's not ask for pictures any more.

Still don't see any valves in the back. I do see however a new grey piece in the front with a blue hose leading to it and a 20t double bevel gear sticking out the side, is this a new valve?

I can also make out a 20t double bevel gear sticking out the other side, where you would expect to see one if what I am seeing is a new valve. With the ability to be driven directly from an axle, which makes it easier to drive from a servo motor. IT'S A NEW VALVE TELLS YA! Nobody listens to me! :laugh: Oh, and I still think it's a new 3x7 dog bone on 42082 :laugh:  

Just now, allanp said:

IT'S A NEW VALVE TELLS YA! Nobody listens to me! :laugh: Oh, and I still think it's a new 3x7 dog bone on 42082 :laugh:  

It could just be an old valve driven by an axle. There are some very simple assemblies to allow this. Why would a new valve be needed specifically for that purpose?

7 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

The green used in the forwarder is definitely the same green as 42008.

Agreed. It's way too dark to be the bright green from 42039 and this is visible by the contrast between it and the lime. Unless it's a newer, darker green...

It has a body roughly the same size as the current one, but in LBG, with an axle hole sticking out the side so that it can be driven by a lever you stick in the front or as in this case by using an axle sticking out the side, and instead of the mounting holes being on the back, they have been moved to to the top and bottom of the valve. Where the mounting holes used to be mounted on the back I think I can see hoses, so instead of the ports coming out the side, meaning you need to have at least a 2 or 3 stud gap between valves, they are now sticking out the back so that many of them can be mounted right next to each other. It's clearly a new piece, I can see it clear as day when zoomed in so the valve alone appears 3 inches tall on my screen, just hope it's as I've described, because that's exactly how I'de like it!

Edited by allanp

I do think there is a new valve. 

Look closely at the vertical sticker. There are two black circle, with arrows pointing at different directions. The upper black circle has an arrow on bottom right, while the lower black circle has an arrow on the top right.

The image under the upper black circle shows two grabber claws opening, while the image under the lower black circle shows them closing.

So it's definitely a control knob for a valve. The LBG part that it connects to looks pretty unusual, so I think it is a new valve.

The valve in the picture is mounted like this

o
- - -
- - x
- - -
    o

There are two pin holes, 3 studs apart, denoted by the "o". The "x" stands for the axle hole that the knob goes through.

We can also see the axle that goes through the knob is in Dark Reddish Brown. This can only be a 5L with stop. 

This also means there is another knob on the other side for raising the crane arm. And also means there are no valves in the back.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

You can see the knob on the other side, look closely between the middle post of the front windscreen and the lime panel.

Edited by allanp

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The LBG part that it connects to looks pretty unusual, so I think it is a new valve.

Ahh, I see it now. Thanks for pointing that out!

2 hours ago, allanp said:

IT'S A NEW VALVE TELLS YA! 

I think you are right. This is something really exciting regarding 2h and can lean toward IR controlled pneumatic models (backhoe) in the future.

Edited by Interceptor

No, there aren't.

So that color barf 42080 does have a redeeming quality after all. 

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

If we're really getting a new valve, and it looks like we are, I really hope that it's one that allows for very fine input control, the current valves are not the best at that when you motorize them imo

Perhaps this is a good opportunity for TLG also to introduce long awaitet pneumatic throttles. Maybe they are already included in the new valve. That would be awesome. 

Edited by Frequenzberater

If there is a new valve, I hope it's not as stiff as the current valves.  This is pretty exciting though.  I'm going to put my road grader on hold until we hear more about these valves.  

40 minutes ago, BucketWheelExcavator said:

How many cylinders does it look like the pneumatic set has? I'd love to see a set again like the back-hoe 8544 with 10 cylinders, really think there is a market for pneumatic models.

2 large 11L cylinders like on 42043,42053 and probably 1 small (can't see it in the picture, but it appears to rotate a set of knob wheels.

The new valve is a welcome addition. It'd be nice if it is gradual rather than on/off like the current ones. This set is looking more interesting!

What I find interesting is the mechanism to extend the boom. It seems to be via a knob on the left side (7L yellow axle at the end of the arm). I guess the 5x3 liftarms rotate up and over, flipping over some side arms which I guess could be part of a z-connection to the cutter head?

Also, weird that they used a photo with the rear green panel not affixed properly, but I guess it's a prelim.

Just now, JonathanM said:

What I find interesting is the mechanism to extend the boom. It seems to be via a knob on the left side (7L yellow axle at the end of the arm). I guess the 5x3 liftarms rotate up and over, flipping over some side arms which I guess could be part of a z-connection to the cutter head?

Interesting, I will take a look. Good eye.

I've looked closer at 42080, and I can kind of see the new valves. I though the valves were on the back, but that looks to not be the case. (There is only one hose crossing the articulation point.) Also, there are some nice dark bley small panels under the cab, which while not new are welcome.

16 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

*acting as Jim* Please do not ask for pictures in this thread. You can PM each other as much as you want. :angry:

*also acting as Jim* Please do not act as Jim :tongue:

Just now, Bartybum said:

*also acting as Jim* Please do not act as Jim :tongue:

Don't do this. There's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun, but please adhere to forum rules. Especially since @Milan already posted a warning. 

@Bartybum ahahahahahaha 

On another note, the green in 42080 looks more like this green

8941-1.jpg?200801060551

than this green

42008_main.jpg?1489241026

42008 green is Dark Green, same green with those in 42052, 42064, 42078. While 8941 green is Earth Green, and is darker than the so-called "Dark" Green.

I therefore stand by my claim that 42080 green is Earth Green. After 2017 a year of Blue we shall have 2018 a year of Green.

I'm excited about every new pneumatic part, I hope it turnts to be true.

@Ngoc NguyenAbout the shades of green - I think you are mixing TLG names and BL names with other members. I'm no expert on TLG names of colors as I find them too vague or misleading so I stick with BL names:

42008, 42052, 42064 - green

8941 - dark green + lime

I think that 42080 is the same as 8941 - dark green belly + lime top.