They probably made it in brown for another set. When they do that they tend to use it in multiple other sets as well.

Actually, you're completely right. The 75532 Speeder Bike has a few in it. But, why are seeing only that particular connector, when there are so many other recolors in that set? They could have easily built a nice brown set. Although, that does raise the question of what kind of Technic set would look good in brown...

Probably has something to do with some sophisticated cost optimization (production capacity, warehousing, etc). This part is probably not very visible in the sets where it's used (not sure, a guess), so they can easily replace it with a brown version. 

19 minutes ago, Jim said:

Probably has something to do with some sophisticated cost optimization (production capacity, warehousing, etc). This part is probably not very visible in the sets where it's used (not sure, a guess), so they can easily replace it with a brown version. 

This is the only reason - you can make perfect product but if it is not cost efficient it could be the last...

Yes this year we see so far recoloration, but no new parts. I know that this question is more suitable for General parts discussion topic, but did anynone notice new parts? At least I did not, except some interesting solutions on this first half year sets

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

I don't think we can complain about more parts being colour coded for this year after getting black bushings and frames :wink: 

This is a good step I agree :thumbup:

Oh yes we can. Because unneeded recolors, like the red 3l axle pins, devote a slot away from something actually wanted, like, I dunno, blue or green connectors?

Bringing up an already well discussed topic again, about 42082, I spent a good half hour at work today eyeing through the 2018 catalogue and came to some conclusions.

The panels on the boom are 100% 3x11, and the dogbones are the 3x5 ones.

At first glance I really thought the panels were 5 wide but there is no way, they are definitely 3.

I'm 99% certain that we'll get the massive turntable quarter rings in black, the ones introduced in 42055, this will add a lot of playability of the set, if you take 42009 for example it has an awesome boom but the turntable can't support lifting anything above 100g basically without starting to bend like hell, a crane with turntable support like 42055 would be amazing.

And last I can with 99% confirm that 42082 is the flagship.

If you look at 2016 when the Porsche was released, 42055 was the true flagship IMO.

Sure, the Porsche was way more exclusive and way more expensive, but 42055 was an incredibly groundbreaking set in terms of size and piece count, completely destroying every other flagship there has been with a good margin, and then some.

The box had the front flap that is iconic for flagship sets and so does 42082, I'm not saying the Porsche wasn't some kind of flagship, I'm just saying the Porsche (and most likely 42083 as well) is a flagship in a bit of its own "sub-theme".

With all of that in mind, I'm afraid that a lot of things point towards 42083 being a new supercar like the Porsche, personally I would love for it to be something else though as I find cars to be very boring technic sets.

They do look incredibly good on your shelf though  :classic:

Edited by degenerate

So, are there picture you guys have been looking at?

I'm torn between waiting to see what 2H is bringing, or whether to get the CLASS Xerion from 2016.

5 hours ago, Sjoemie himself said:

Just buy the Claas. It's easily worth the money and later you can still add some of the 2018 2H sets to your collection anyway :wink:

Well, I only really want to get one set (my wallet does actually), so It's gonna be one, or the other. :cry_sad:

Just now, XtremeBuilder said:

Well, I only really want to get one set (my wallet does actually), so It's gonna be one, or the other. :cry_sad:

I have had the same problem: Upgrade camera, of buy Lego?...

I would buy the Claas now, in another year, you will have (hopefully) more money to buy (hopefully) deep discount sets from 2018 2H.

Saw better quality preliminary pics of the 2nd Wave models on Facebook a few days ago.
Love at First Sight!

1 hour ago, tohan said:

In the video about the 42078 (https://www.lego.com/en-us/products/themes/technic/mack-anthem-42078) the designer says at 00:18 that such an engine had already been done in Technic ("that we tried only once in LEGO Technic history").

Any idea what set he is referring to ?

Set was 9393 - B - model (buggy), if I'm not mistaken, but this one in Mack looks way better. In 9393 it looked "unfinished"...

5 minutes ago, BrickWild said:

Saw better quality preliminary pics of the 2nd Wave models on Facebook a few days ago.
Love at First Sight!

On who's page?

28 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Set was 9393 - B - model (buggy)

You are correct, thanks! I feel all the more stupid asking this question that I actually own the set... I just never got to build the B-Model... :grin:

Edited by tohan

3 hours ago, XtremeBuilder said:

Keep in mind that the 2018 2H sets will most likely still be in production/on sale in october-december 2019. That's almost two years from now. The CLAAS has been discontinued.

Edited by zoo

5 hours ago, tohan said:

You are correct, thanks! I feel all the more stupid asking this question that I actually own the set... I just never got to build the B-Model... :grin:

Don't worry about it, at the begining I was no fan at all for such type of fake engine construction, but Mack version with nice details makes me rethink about it...

Anyway I do not have "newer" / better images of 2H sets, but it shows how efficient LEGO designers work without new parts. 

There's a lovely picture of 42080, it's about half of an A4 page of the actual set rather than the 5x5 cm ones of the boxes, so you can make out a lot of nice details.
So where is this picture then?
Oh, I have no idea :wink:

Oh yeah, where is it, I wonder? :wink:

And dat color is earth green, not dark green!

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Oh yeah, where is it, I wonder? :wink:

Seriously, where is it?

Why do I keep forgetting the rules? Sorry about that.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

*acting as Jim* Please do not ask for pictures in this thread. You can PM each other as much as you want. :angry:

Apologies.

Back to topic: I believe I can see that the valves are disguised as lights? Or exhausts? Also, those are some nice little accessories.