A Swedish webshop has the H1 sets available for preorder now, set for delivery on Jan 15th.
Prices are not bad imo
42071 15 Eur
42072/42073 20 Eur
42074 30 Eur
42075 36 Eur
42076 70 Eur
42077 95 Eur
42078 159 Eur
42084 7,5 Eur

This webshop is one of the cheaper ones here when it comes to lego, for instance they sold 42055 for 190 Eur when it was released, while most others charged 250...

Regarding 42081, it can raise/lower bucket (think you can tilt the bucket as well, I'll have a look at the catalogue tomorrow if I remember), and the bulky rear can move up/backwards if that makes sense.
I think the rear moves in unison with raising the bucket, as a sort of weight balancing mechanism, at least that's the conclusion I reached while looking at the image, and it would be a pretty nice feature.
When the bucket is lifting stuff the center of mass will be more to the front, so the rear moves backwards to balance the center of mass more towards the middle of the vehicle.

Edited by degenerate

@degenerate that Volvo features have sense. It could come without any drive since real prototype has (or it will have) just electric drive... Some EB members had doubth if autonomus loader has different bucket than 42030, but then LEGO should introduce smaller tractor tire to make correct proportions, but for new tire they are not ready at the moment. In less than 2 months well see images and videos, so I'll not be surprized if LEGO put something completely new with Volvo like they did with 3 way steering and CLAAS Xerion 

I'm willing to bet my left nut that it's the same bucket, the shape is identical and after all, it is a Volvo bucket!

Can't wait to see some teaser videos and images in the coming months,  and until then I'm gonna keep on eyeing through the 2018 catalogue  :laugh:

I don't know why anyone would want to have anyone else's left nut to be willing to bet against you, but indeed logic dictates that it's the same bucket as on the 42030. It's a huge, complex element, which means the mould to make it must have been accordingly expensive, so TLG would want to make the most of it and avoid manufacturing yet another expensive mould.

@degenerate that bucket is indeed characteristical for Volvo and as @AVCampos said LEGO needs lots of models with that bucket to make mould most profitable as possible

3 hours ago, degenerate said:

I'm willing to bet my left nut that it's the same bucket, the shape is identical and after all, it is a Volvo bucket!

It most certainly will be the same bucket as used in 42030. Still, I just wish they had made the attachment points on it look more like in real life to begin with. Se below.

test2.gif

Looks like the same bucket to me as well.

Anyhoo, I'm a bit put out that we still haven't seen a 2018 review from Sariel yet. I'm well aware that there are factors beyond his control affecting the situation, but the annual wave of reviews is something I've become used to. 

Same with the main Technic site; I don't like the newer, minimalist design, and there have been no real additions to it for most of 2017 - where are the designer blogs for the '17 2H sets? - let alone 2018. Seems like it's all a bit out of sync at the moment. :look:

After looking at 42082 again, I am more convinced those panels on crane boom are 3 x 11 now.

I still want the old metal hook back cos the plastic ones are just laughable one the big kits like on 42082.

Edited by ctx1769

Just now, ctx1769 said:

After looking at 42082 again, I am more convinced those panels on crane boom are 3 x 11 now.

They are together with "dogbone" in red just like in 42070 :wink:

Just now, ctx1769 said:

Yes building that at the moment, design is definitely unfinished.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, perhaps I will built it in smaller scale (one day) to fit my mocs...

On 03/01/2018 at 1:31 PM, iv-tecman said:

Wish UK toys r us would get their stock in, still got gift cards to spend, sadly no H1 techinc sets in stock at all

I enquired at my local store, twice now, both times the staff have pretty much blanked me. Spend my gift cards and won't be using toys r us unless they are super cheap comparable to anywhere else.

My local TRU (Ipswich) had NO Lego on the shelves yesterday, even though it is not one of those slated for closure, and I've seen reports that other (UK) TRU's are the same, might be something to do with the fact that apparently TRU owes Lego £22 million

2 hours ago, LucyCol said:

My local TRU (Ipswich) had NO Lego on the shelves yesterday, even though it is not one of those slated for closure, and I've seen reports that other (UK) TRU's are the same, might be something to do with the fact that apparently TRU owes Lego £22 million

Ours had most of the Lego signed shelves filled with Playmobil today. It’s the lowest stock of Lego I’ve ever seen in TRU. 

So, no chance of seeing 2018 Technic for a while. 

Edited by Boulderer

Just now, Boulderer said:

So, no chance of seeing 2018 Technic for a while. 

Seems like Canada has a similar problem. Only half the released sets are on shelves.

Here in Croatia there are only smallest 4 Technic sets in local stores, so no 42075, 42076, 42077 or 42078 yet :sad:

I'm guessing we're far from the only store getting our H1 delivery on the 15th ish then.

Stores that sell LEGO have subscriptions, and there are different levels depending on how much LEGO your store sells, higher level means higher priority.

A subscription means TLG tells your store  "we're gonna send you this news package containing these sets on this date" and we can't really change that, we just have to accept that if we want to sell their product we have to play by their rules, and it's the same for every other store selling their product.

It makes it A LOT easier for TLG to handle all deliveries for new releases.

We've had a store with all the new Technic sets here in Bucharest, Romania before Christmas, the other shops still don't have them. I wondered how they got them so fast, these guys get all the sets super fast, including the UCS Falcon, they already had a few back when it was impossible to find one anywhere, immediately as it was launched.

Lego store in king of Persia mall, Pennsylvania had:

• No 42078.

Just heads up.

27 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

• No 42078.

Just heads up.

I suppose 42084 is not interesting :wink:

31 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

• No 42078.

Just heads up.

There were a lot of secrecy about 42078 actually, for instance its image is blacked out in the 2018 catalogue we got just like 42083 is.

Proper strange as the set was well known and started showing up in stores around the same time we got the catalogue.

Same thing on excel file we got a couple months ago from TLG, all the sets were named except for 42078, it's like they were trying to keep it a secret eventhough they must have known it was more than clear what the set was going to be.

I have 42077 on order and it's supposed to arrive on Wednesday 10th. It seems a little pricey but I suppose having suspension helps its case. 4WD would have been nice though. Also, the car looks like a modern rally car, but the mid-engined V6 layout makes me think it was intended to resemble a Group B car (the MG Metro 6R4 comes to mind) - if that's the case, some side intakes and front wings would have been nice.

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

• No 42078.

Just heads up.

That's like an hour from my house, that's good to know.

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I suppose 42084 is not interesting :wink:

Oops, Yes they had it for 14$

Just now, aminnich said:

That's like an hour from my house, that's good to know.

Here are prices, I am visiting Pennsylvania.

42071: $20

42072: $20

42073: $20

42074: $39

42075: $49

42076: $89

42077: $109

42084: $14

Any other details, the offered:

42066: $159

42069: $179

42068: $99

5 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Oops, Yes they had it for 14$

It's OK, just unusual number gets people forgeot about it

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but AustrianLegoFan has reviews up, if you're lacking patience.

I watched his review for the hovercraft, and it has some of the triple perpendicular connectors in brown.

63869.png

This piece, in brown. Why? Who at Lego decides we need pieces to be changed to these garish and stupid colors? The way to avert problems of part confusion is to have clearer instructions, and divided builds, which they already do, so it is completely redundant. Also, what piece could anyone possibly confuse that one with? Why Why Why? It is just mind bending that they can justify recolors like that, and yet we don't have any blue connectors, or other parts in sought after colors.