Hm so far no instructions for 42075, 42076, 42077 and 42078

Seems Grohl (Milan) striked again...!

This is the preview of the wonderful 42078 -Ā B model...

Is so nice it could have been an A model itself!

It's full of nice details (like 6cyl engine, screen wipers, ...) and plenty of functions!

Sorry @JimĀ to add to the speculation/discussion but how about the new C8 Corvette ? Rumoured to be mid-engined (based off spy shots of prototypes) and also rumoured to be shown for the very first time at this years Detroit motor show (end Jan). The car itself is due to be sold end of 2018 / early 2018.

it ticks a lot of boxes ... existing licence, well known brand, supercar, etc

Ā 

Well, if we all like it, we can speculate. As long as we stay out of the "I wish..." zone.

Just now, Seasider said:

it ticks a lot of boxes ... existing licence, well known brand, supercar, etc

Except the "Wow factor". In other words; a Corvette is notĀ that appealing (imho).
(sorry if I offend someone with this comment, but I'm from Europe)

Although I must admit....the C8 does look very nice!!!

Since we can now speculate a little, does anyone think any of the H2 2018 sets will include instructions for power functions upgrades?

Just now, ShowsOn said:

Since we can now speculate a little, does anyone think any of the H2 2018 sets will include instructions for power functions upgrades?

No worries, this is a valid question in any case.

What we usually mean by "no speculation" is that it turns into a wishlist and guessing topic. But asking if sets can be upgraded with PF is no problem.

@JimĀ Well Iā€™m a Brit but still apreciate Amercian cars from time to time. I loved the new ford GT.

@ShowsOnĀ I think 2 of the H2 sets come with PF in the box. The Crane and the Forest thing.

Just now, Seasider said:

@JimĀ Well Iā€™m a Brit but still apreciate Amercian cars from time to time. I loved the new ford GT.

I do like 'em, but I do miss some of the recognition you get by looking at another supercar. When you create an outstanding Corvette C8 supercar in LEGO Technic, it would probably still look like a generic supercar and lots of people might even think it's a Ferrari.Ā 

12 minutes ago, ShowsOn said:

The Volvo Autonomous has that large compartment-type extrusion on the rear - the scorpion's tail, if you will - that looks like it was made to fit a battery box. Plus, what's the point of calling something 'Autonomous' if there's no motorization?Ā :wacko:

As sir von Lego said: not often seen in the wild + a brand that is already in the racer theme + abundance of dark azure panels this year --> 42083 = Bugatti Chiron?

Edited by Jeroen Ottens

After seing pictures of the new sets for 2018 part of me regrets not getting another copy of the 42053 Volvo EW160E.

My take:

42080 (Forwarder): Pneumatics is my favourite lego technic feature. I don't have a problem with the mix of colours but I was hoping for more beams and less panels in green. Also, I would actually prefer a manual pump instead of a noisy compressor. When was the last time we hade the oportunity to get a new set with a large pneumatic pump before 42053? I would rather not pay for yet another set of electric motor + battery box if the choice was given.

42081 (Volvo): I realy wish LEGO would forge a new bucket shape. I know I'm probably in a small minority here but I think the very narrow connection points on the 42030 bucket looks unrealistic and can't understand how they came up with that design when clearly it doesn't match the real Volvo L350F. Other than that I actually welcome some new yellow parts.

42082: (Crane): Looks like there will be lots of red and black parts included which I realy like. If I end up buying only one set from this years lineup it will probably be this one.

^

I kind of agree with you about 42080, if it would have a manual pump and the option to add PF it would be a fair bit cheaper.

And I wouldn't mind the new large pump appearingĀ  in another set than 42053, it's a bloody great pump and prices for it dropping a bit on BL would be welcome.

I will definitely be getting all the H2 sets, but if 42083 is another expensive af super car like the Porsche I'm going to skip that.

Only reason I bought my Porsche is because I got it be for 150 euro, never ever in my life would I pay closer to twice that for a set with less than 3k pieces and no PF or pneumatics.