It’d need to be a well known car. While I’d hate for it to be a Bugatti because the price would be insane, it very well could be. The Ford GT also comes into mind. Also, I don’t know why it couldn’t be a McLaren. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a P1 - there’s no rule saying that it has to be a brand new vehicle.

5 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

2019 finishes 420xx and 2020 starts numbering 401xx.

Why 401xx? Surely it would become 421xx, then in five years 422xx, then 423xx, 424xx all the way for a few decades down until we reach 42999 and need a new prefix.

Edited by Bartybum

Typo, probably.

I'd say that 42083 is not any supercar on the road. After all, the Porsche was new, and so that's why it was hidden. The version of the 911 GT3 RS modeled by Lego was not yet released by Porsche, and that's why it had camo and was just called Ultimate IP Car. 42083 is not called as such, but it seems like a relatively sure bet. The Mack Anthem was called out as such, so another truck or other machinery seems less likely. The only need for secrecy would come from some other sort of license, like a car, or something fictional. So, what could 42083 be? My money, based on precedence, is a Mclaren BP23. It's a new car, that will likely debut sometime in 2018, but has been rumored for a while. That would be a good explanation for the secrecy, but I don't think we should speculate much more, we really have nothing to go on.

8 hours ago, Brick Lover said:

No new box or logo design?

Ferrari, Mercedes AMG, Ford... but I don't think Chevrolet.

If it was Chevy, I could be the one ZR1 Corvette

2 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

After all, the Porsche was new, and so that's why it was hidden. The version of the 911 GT3 RS modeled by Lego was not yet released by Porsche, and that's why it had camo and was just called Ultimate IP Car.

Ah I see. I was under the impression that the Porsche was already on the roads a few months prior and they did the camo just as a sort of joke or nod, since when photos of prototypes get leaked they always have the camo.

Edited by Bartybum

8 hours ago, Bartybum said:

It’d need to be a well known car. While I’d hate for it to be a Bugatti because the price would be insane, it very well could be. The Ford GT also comes into mind. Also, I don’t know why it couldn’t be a McLaren. I wouldn’t be surprised if we got a P1 - there’s no rule saying that it has to be a brand new vehicle.

Why 401xx? Surely it would become 421xx, then in five years 422xx, then 423xx, 424xx all the way for a few decades down until we reach 42999 and need a new prefix.

Yes, my mistake. I wrote wrong.

I personally think a Ferrari would be the most appealing. LEGO has a history with Ferrari racers and it will just look cool to have an awesome red Ferrari next to the Porsche. Although I wouldn't know which model I would love to see, a classic one or a new one.

Just now, Jim said:

I personally think a Ferrari would be the most appealing. LEGO has a history with Ferrari racers and it will just look cool to have an awesome red Ferrari next to the Porsche. Although I wouldn't know which model I would love to see, a classic one or a new one.

Okay Jim, quit the speculation. You know that's frowned upon. Let's sick to the facts we know.

Just now, Jim said:

Okay Jim, quit the speculation. You know that's frowned upon. Let's sick to the facts we know.

Sorry, my bad :sadnew:

32 minutes ago, Jim said:

God damn would I be thrilled with a Technic F40 :wub:

Hey guys 

In my opinon it's far most likely that it will be the Ford GT. I don't think that it will be a car which is already out of production because both sides want to make the most possible profit they can. So it has to something new, something hot. Also for lego I think it has to be a brand which is known by everybody. In my opinion Bugatti or McLaren aren't popular enough for the wide range of people the product should reach. Chevrolet is also not very popular in europe. Audi, Mercedes and Ferrai are good but in my eyes they have no special car which is brand new. And the portofino is the absulute entrylevel Ferrari. I don't think they would like to have build the least fascinating car. Porsche is of course out. 

So I think Ford is most likely because Ford isn't just a supercarbrand but also a massproducer. Everybody could probably have a Ford. Not the GT but a entrylevel one. Also I would consider that Ford has made very much effort to advertise their GT. For example they made up a big public interest with the distribution of the cars. They build the car to grow the brand. A lego car would come perfect in this moment. The production is at least not finished until 2019 so it is in my eyes new enough.

The BP 23 is not even revealed so this would be a candidate for 202? in my eyes.

and is it "certain" it is actually a car? where is this information from? I might miss something. 

42 minutes ago, J_C said:

and is it "certain" it is actually a car? where is this information from? I might miss something. 

No its not certain, just speculation due to how it's packaged.

When I order lego to our store, all sets have a minimum buy of 1 carton, a carton can hold anywhere from 1 to 10 sets, this is based on size of the set and price of it.

Mindstorms comes 1 set per carton because it's pricey af, the Porsche was the same way and now 42083 is going to be packaged in the same way, which means a very cool and very expensive set.

42055 and 42070 were both packaged 2 sets/carton, despite being pretty expensive and large sets.

42082 has a front flap on the box, I'm guessing that 42082 will be the flagship and 42083 will be something exclusive and cool like the Porsche, hopefully this time the high price will actually reflect how awesome the set is.

The question is not whether it's an expensive special set. The question is, do we know for certain it's a car?

No, we don't. Could be something totally different. But it's likely that it's a car.

24 minutes ago, Jim said:

The question is not whether it's an expensive special set. The question is, do we know for certain it's a car?

No, we don't. Could be something totally different. But it's likely that it's a car.

We know that 42083 is a confidential IP set and we know the price point and that the Porsche was the first in a series - according to the head of technic design (minute 17.00 of Sariel´s interview). We assume it will be one of the existing IP´s so the only speculation is which brand and model it will be. Actually, it´s probably appropriate to speculate on this since we know the model is definitely coming same as people were speculating if the Porsche had PF.....

36 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think a Ferrari 488 or Lamborghini huracan are possible. McLaren has lost my love because of how much aerowork they butchered.

1 hour ago, degenerate said:

No its not certain, just speculation due to how it's packaged.

When I order lego to our store, all sets have a minimum buy of 1 carton, a carton can hold anywhere from 1 to 10 sets, this is based on size of the set and price of it.

Mindstorms comes 1 set per carton because it's pricey af, the Porsche was the same way and now 42083 is going to be packaged in the same way, which means a very cool and very expensive set.

42055 and 42070 were both packaged 2 sets/carton, despite being pretty expensive and large sets.

42082 has a front flap on the box, I'm guessing that 42082 will be the flagship and 42083 will be something exclusive and cool like the Porsche, hopefully this time the high price will actually reflect how awesome the set is.

Thank you. There is lots of sense in what you say.

I hope it is not a car. There was a car recently (far from perfect), still on sale. 

If there is some exclusive "above the flagship/flapship" status set, I hope it would be something "notcar".  

Maybe it's better to end the speculation. We are almost certain it's a new super car. It's most likely a brand seen in one of the Speed Champion sets. Other than that...we need to be patient and see what January 2018 will bring.

Lego, a brand of Drama, Suspense, and bricks!

Wait, what? they have become very secretive of their toys, I am afraid to buy anything, and then see they show something better!

I had a look at the part list of the 42078 MACK truck. As far as I can determine there are only three completely new parts. First is the hood ornament, which is a dog on a 1 length axle pin. The color is a bit difficuilt to describe, but I'm guessing it's Pearl Gold.

The other two are 1 * 2 Tile, Modified & sloped (items 6204667 & 6204668 in the attached cropped pic from the building instructions).

I tried finding these designs but I couldn't find them anywhere so I think this really are new designs. Has anybody seen these designs before? If so, what is the design number of those parts?

Besides these there are also a few parts which are made in a color combination that as far as I could determine has not been used before, these are:

32316 - Liftarm 1 * 5 Thick in Green

3069b - Tile 1 * 2 with Groove in Metallic Silver

24201 - Slope, curved 2 * 1 Inverted in Dark Bluish Gray

There are also two types of tiles that have some print on them and hence are unique/new:

2431 - Tile 1 * 4 with Pattern in Metallic Silver

2431 - Tile 1 * 4 with "MACK" Pattern in Dark Bluish Gray

42078 New parts.jpg

49 minutes ago, Enantiomeer said:

I had a look at the part list of the 42078 MACK truck. As far as I can determine there are only three completely new parts. First is the hood ornament, which is a dog on a 1 length axle pin. The color is a bit difficuilt to describe, but I'm guessing it's Pearl Gold.

The other two are 1 * 2 Tile, Modified & sloped (items 6204667 & 6204668 in the attached cropped pic from the building instructions).

I tried finding these designs but I couldn't find them anywhere so I think this really are new designs. Has anybody seen these designs before? If so, what is the design number of those parts?

The sloped 1x2 tiles are not new. Their numbers on bricklink are 29119 and 29120.

45 minutes ago, legophisto said:

The sloped 1x2 tiles are not new. Their numbers on bricklink are 29119 and 29120.

Thanks, I couldn't find them. Guess I didn't use the right search words. :hmpf_bad:

So, those parts are then also just new color combinations.