Yeah, no. That's an external concept artist, and has a lot of wheels.

The Volvo ZEUX B model is far more likely to be one of these:

maxresdefault.jpg

By the way, 42081 says Volvo Autonomous on the box, but the name it is listed under is Technic ZEUX, which might be the name of the "real" vehicle. Or, there is the possibility that 42081 is a collaboration between Lego and Volvo for a concept vehicle, like the BMW bike B model, but I really doubt that.

The Mack is still not listed on the Lego store in the UK.  I'm starting to wonder if it will be available on the 1st Jan, as has been speculated. 

1 hour ago, Saberwing40k said:

Or, there is the possibility that 42081 is a collaboration between Lego and Volvo for a concept vehicle, like the BMW bike B model, but I really doubt that.

You know, I honestly reckon it exactly is that.

Just now, Boulderer said:

The Mack is still not listed on the Lego store in the UK.  I'm starting to wonder if it will be available on the 1st Jan, as has been speculated. 

I asked at my local store on Wednesday.

Was told it should be on the shelves on the 1st of Jan, he even said they accidentally put some out followed by a panic to get them back off before anyone tried to buy.

14 minutes ago, Boulderer said:

I asked at my Local Toys r Us - they don't even have the ones that are listed at Lego .com and the guy I spoke with said he isn't allowed in the warehouse to check what they have?? I just thought, wow, no wonder you are losing sales.

Only reason I went to toys r us is because I have gift cards to use up. 

15 minutes ago, -Alex- said:

Was told it should be on the shelves on the 1st of Jan, he even said they accidentally put some out followed by a panic to get them back off before anyone tried to buy.

That’s reassuring, thank you. 

17 minutes ago, -Alex- said:

Always makes me wonder....since there's probably a big sticker on the box saying "do not put on the shelves before Jan 1st 2018" :tongue:

1 hour ago, Boulderer said:

The Mack is already for sale in Amazon.de... Just bought mine yesterday.

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@AVCampos That thing doesnt count because the A model already has a trailer :tongue: 

Maybe I should limit my statement into "anything having more than 4 wheels and not having a trailer in the A model will almost get a trailer for the B model" :laugh:

OK, then. I still stand by my previous statement: "Almost." :grin:

8830-1.jpg

3 hours ago, Rikus said:

The Mack is already for sale in Amazon.de... Just bought mine yesterday.

Mine arrived per mail order yesterday from conrad.nl. Just finished building it :classic:

It's a nice build. Not overly complicated so it will not scare off novice builders but still interesting enough for more experienced builders.

A very nice detail that is included is in the cabin:thumbup:. The steering wheel in the cabin actually moves when you steer the truck.

All the moving parts function as designed and overall the appearence is quite good. The proportions look right. Nothing seems "too big" or "too small".

6 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Yeah, no. That's an external concept artist, and has a lot of wheels.

The Volvo ZEUX B model is far more likely to be one of these:

By the way, 42081 says Volvo Autonomous on the box, but the name it is listed under is Technic ZEUX, which might be the name of the "real" vehicle. Or, there is the possibility that 42081 is a collaboration between Lego and Volvo for a concept vehicle, like the BMW bike B model, but I really doubt that.

That is what crossed my mind. there is also "additional" axle with "cab" as "driving unit" which can be easily attached and detached...but set 42081 has (only) 4 wheels

Edited by I_Igor

On 2017. 12. 27. at 11:53 PM, Sir von Lego said:

It won't be a McLaren. I think they do have an absolute WOW-Factor, but you barely see these cars in the wild.

It will be a brand we already saw on Speed Champions

@Sir von Lego, say what car is it, please.

Well we can narrow down to the list of brands already appearing in Speed Champions, in decreasing order of appearances. There are 22 sets so far according to brickset.

- Ferrari (5)
- Mercedes AMG (3)
- Porsche (3) 
- Ford (3)
- McLaren (3)
- Chevrolet (2)
- Audi (2)
- Bugatti (1)

Porsche and McLaren are out. Bottom three are Chevrolet, Audi, and Bugatti. 

I've never seen a Bugatti car on the streets in my city. So it's a Bugatti?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

It is not that hard to filter a bit. Each licenced sets from LEGO was connected to new releases. Just look up, which company will reveal a new type in the near future. :wink:

(I have no idea, I am not petrolhead enough to be up to date.)

Recent releases would be more accurate I think. The Anthem was revealed in Sep 2017, and released by Lego in 2018, The Porsche was revealed in 2015, and release by Lego in 2016. So I think we would just need to look up supercars released this year only.

Maybe a Ferrari Portofino or 812 , as replacement for their creator's and just retired F40?

Edited by carlo.fadel

French toy shop Born to be Kids listed 42083 on their database. Unfortunately there's no name. But the prices are awfully high: 543,89€! I think it will be 499.99€ at other shops.

Edited by Brick Lover

On 2017. 12. 29. at 7:11 PM, Sir von Lego said:

I don’t know it for sure but heard that it will be 299.99 EUR. Alle these prices out there for summer waves seem to be WAY too high, believe me..

OK, but what car is 42083?

2019 finishes 420xx and 2020 starts numbering 421xx.

Edited by Brick Lover

No new box or logo design?

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Well we can narrow down to the list of brands already appearing in Speed Champions, in decreasing order of appearances. There are 22 sets so far according to brickset.

- Ferrari (5)
- Mercedes AMG (3)
- Porsche (3) 
- Ford (3)
- McLaren (3)
- Chevrolet (2)
- Audi (2)
- Bugatti (1)

Porsche and McLaren are out. Bottom three are Chevrolet, Audi, and Bugatti. 

I've never seen a Bugatti car on the streets in my city. So it's a Bugatti?

Ferrari, Mercedes AMG, Ford... but I don't think Chevrolet.

Anyone know when the communication starts on the car? I remember there was a job advertised on here that was to do with communication for the new set. I decided not to apply because I work in the industry and could have been a “conflict of interest”

if it’s based off existing Speed Champions licence I’d like it to be either the new ford GT or even a Chiron. Shame Bentley isn’t an existing licence :)