26 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Yes, we suspect it is a McLaren.

No, that was a twitter guy joking about the looks of the Mclaren Senna. 

27 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

This would really surprise me. McLaren does not have the Wow factor other brands like Porsche and Ferrari have. I bet on a supercar from the Porsche mother company VW: Lamborghini or Audi. Much more chance of attracting not only AFOLs, but also Audi drivers.

As someone who now only collects licensed Technic sets, 2018 looks to be a huge year with the Mack truck, Volvo, and possibly a super-car.

I look forward to more information coming our way.

Just now, Sir von Lego said:

It won't be a McLaren. I think they do have an absolute WOW-Factor, but you barely see these cars in the wild.

It will be a brand we already saw on Speed Champions

Bugatti? :classic:

I have seen the discussion on the prices, and I wonder why all the focus is on the crane.
If I may be so free to take a few rought guesses as to piece counts, I would say something like
  • 42079 (forklift): Around 600 - 750 pieces
  • 42080 (forwarder): Around 950 - 1150 pieces
  • 42081 (volvo): Around 1000 - 1250 pieces
  • 42082 (crane): Around 2000 - 2800 pieces
For prices I would guess about €0.10 or $0.10 per piece, so, say
  • 42079 (forklift): €60 / $70
  • 42080 (forwarder): €110 / $120 (upwards adjusted for pneumatics)
  • 42081 (volvo): €130 / $140 (upwards adjusted for size, wheels, bucket)
  • 42082 (crane): €220 / $240 (downwards adjusted for large set)
No matter how you turn or twist it, there's no way that forwarder is going to be worth $200. I just can't imagine. It looks very comparable to 42068 to me, but with pneumatics. I can imagine the Volvo doing $180 though - it's large, so they might try the 42070 pricing strategy (overpricing and await who bites before discounting it)

I'd say the crane is definitely smaller than 42055 by piece count, but it looks pretty imposing, so $240 could be realistic. $360, no way. That's Ninjago City, Ghostbusters fire station or Mindstorms kind of prices.
Edited by Erik Leppen

1 hour ago, valenciaeric said:

32 minutes ago, WvG_853 said:

This would really surprise me. McLaren does not have the Wow factor other brands like Porsche and Ferrari have. I bet on a supercar from the Porsche mother company VW: Lamborghini or Audi. Much more chance of attracting not only AFOLs, but also Audi drivers.

20 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

No speculations, please.

Let's stick to the things we know.

20 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh god no, the price gouging on the Porsche was already too much ):

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:
I have seen the discussion on the prices, and I wonder why all the focus is on the crane.
If I may be so free to take a few rought guesses as to piece counts, I would say something like
  • 42079 (forklift): Around 600 - 750 pieces
  • 42080 (forwarder): Around 950 - 1150 pieces
  • 42081 (volvo): Around 1000 - 1250 pieces
  • 42082 (crane): Around 2000 - 2800 pieces
For prices I would guess about €0.10 or $0.10 per piece, so, say
  • 42079 (forklift): €60 / $70
  • 42080 (forwarder): €110 / $120 (upwards adjusted for pneumatics)
  • 42081 (volvo): €130 / $140 (upwards adjusted for size, wheels, bucket)
  • 42082 (crane): €220 / $240 (downwards adjusted for large set)
No matter how you turn or twist it, there's no way that forwarder is going to be worth $200. I just can't imagine. It looks very comparable to 42068 to me, but with pneumatics. I can imagine the Volvo doing $180 though - it's large, so they might try the 42070 pricing strategy (overpricing and await who bites before discounting it)

I'd say the crane is definitely smaller than 42055 by piece count, but it looks pretty imposing, so $240 could be realistic. $360, no way. That's Ninjago City, Ghostbusters fire station or Mindstorms kind of prices.

One thing i learned is that the piece count these days are higher than expected, i would go by this:

• 42079 (forklift): Around 700-800 pieces
  • 42080 (forwarder): Around 1200-1400 pieces
  • 42081 (volvo): Around 1500-1800 pieces
  • 42082 (crane): Approx 3000 pieces
Edited by GoldVillage

I managed to google all the 2h sets. Although a bit grainy.

I cant grasp the scale of the crane, so i have to hold my thoughts on this. Although if the piece count is that big, then it would compliment my 42009 nicely, especially in red.

Volvo looks very interesting. I have 42030, so i am not sure I will get this.

I do think I will grab the forklift as I do not have one yet

Probably pass on the forest machine. But may change my mind when I see in person.

It is going to be an expensive year for me especially if I want the Mack truck also.

When do the 2h sets release in Europe? I am heading to Germany on holiday in April, so keen to hopefully pick up some good deals of these sets as they wont release here in New Zealand until August/September

Edited by AdrienHolden

3 minutes ago, AdrienHolden said:

When do the 2h sets release in Europe? I am heading to Germany on holiday in April, so keen to hopefully pick up some good deals of these sets as they wont release here in New Zealand until August/September

April is still very much 1H. August/September will be the date for Europe as well.

Just now, Jim said:

April is still very much 1H. August/September will be the date for Europe as well.

Oh, that is a shame. Maybe I will hold off on the Mack until I come over. Thanks for the info Jim ?

10 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:
42082 (crane): Around 2000 - 2800 pieces

You are really narrowing it down with that estimate :laugh:

The 42070 has 1862 parts and I reckon the 42082 will have a lot more. Your high-end estimate is what I am aiming at, so around 2800 parts, give or take a few.

8 hours ago, GoldVillage said:

One thing i learned is that the piece count these days are higher than expected, i would go by this:

• 42079 (forklift): Around 700-800 pieces
  • 42080 (forwarder): Around 1200-1400 pieces
  • 42081 (volvo): Around 1500-1800 pieces
  • 42082 (crane): Approx 3000 pieces

:thumbup:

I dunno whether this is breaks the rules because, while it technically is discussion, it’s somewhat speculation.

42079: something that can use the Arocs gear rack. It wouldn’t make sense to scrap that piece in the B model. Maybe a mobile crane or off-road tow truck?

42080: Wheeled excavator perhaps? It’s the only thing that comes to mind that can use the two large pneumatic cylinders. That being said, there’s 8 wheels that would need to be used for a B model of that piece count.

42081: I have absolutely no idea. Could the designers have teamed with Volvo for two concept models instead of just one or not?

42082: Maybe a tractor? I want to say it should be something that uses the BWE ring as a turntable, but the B model of 42055 didn’t.

I think the B models could be:

42079: tow truck. 

42080: tractor with trailer and log crane.

42081: Drone Volvo Dumper

42082: Reach Stacker

Just now, Saberwing40k said:

That makes a hell of a lot more sense than mine. I was hesitant to say reach stacker for 42082 though because 42079 would be so similar.

@AVCampos That thing doesnt count because the A model already has a trailer :tongue: 

Maybe I should limit my statement into "anything having more than 4 wheels and not having a trailer in the A model will almost get a trailer for the B model" :laugh:

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

6 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

That makes sense. Just small reminder 42030 b model (articulated Volvo dump truck) did not use bucket. There are lot of futuristic Volvo concepts like autononus dump truck etc, so let see what they come up with...

42080 b model could also be 4 axle forwarder with logging arm and logging platform...

3 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Almost. :grin:

You can always add a trailer to that kind if machine :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

If 42082 B is a reach stacker, and I pray that it is, I'll get 42082 without a second thought. For some unknown reasons I have a particular preference for Forklift and Reach Stacker. The main reasong I bought 42009 is also because of the B model reach stacker. But the 42009 reach stacker is visually appaling, full of gaps, and, this is what I've just learned lately, isn't in the correct scale.

It turns out reach stackers are massive, and by massive I mean the wheels are almost as tall as an average adult. It's like the Xerion or Unimog. So a proper Technic reach stacker needs 94.3 tyres not 62.4. 42082 may be the chance for me to get it.

Unless TLG pull another B model like that heinous 42070 B....

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen