Some prelim prices for 2H has come up through hoth bricks. Linked pages just show the prices without any image or official name

42082 (all terrain crane) - 357,79 € link

42081 (futuristic Volvo) - 178,39 € link

42080 (forest harvester) - 198,99€ link

42079 (forklift) - 75,29€ link

What an expensive 2H!!! The red crane is going to be huge

Wow, that's eye-wateringly expensive. 

Granted most toy shops (hopefully) won't be charging the full amount, would this be the most expensive RRP Technic set yet?

That said the high price does make me a bit excited to see some proper photos to see what they've done with it. 

@carlo.fadel that's a good point, not even Lego are charging that price. Gives me a bit optimism for being able to buy them without the missus killing me

Edited by OGTrout

41 minutes ago, bitbamboo said:

Some prelim prices for 2H has come up through hoth bricks. Linked pages just show the prices without any image or official name

42082 (all terrain crane) - 357,79 € link

42081 (futuristic Volvo) - 178,39 € link

42080 (forest harvester) - 198,99€ link

42079 (forklift) - 75,29€ link

What an expensive 2H!!! The red crane is going to be huge

Its ridiculously expensive. I think the source and the blog are totaly wrong.

42082 200-220 (compare to unimog/arocs)

41081 120-150 (still overpriced! )

42080 100-120

42079 50-60

This is more realistic i guess

Edited by Timoonn

Those prices do not seem realistic to me at all, as mention, site seem to be overpriced in general. 357,79 € is grossly way more then even the most expensive flagship Technic models ever released. I cannot from what I've seen so far, and granted its only pics, but from what i've seen of set 42082 I cannot see how it can command that type of money.

I'll wait and see

2 minutes ago, Jockos said:

If the prices are close to reality, 42082 must be around 3500-4000 pieces.

Come oooon :grin:

The website linked is way overprice, for every sets, not only technics. Dont worry final prices are not that high and I think the crane is about 2500-3000pcs

Hotbricks just love to write articles with tons of sponsored links to e-merchants, even if the relayed information is fake, unverified or grotesque. I strongly not recommend this site for "serious" Lego news.

Edited by Timoonn

Just now, Jockos said:

If the prices are close to reality, 42082 must be around 3500-4000 pieces.

I don't think the price is right. I think it is more like 2500 - 3000 pieces. I think it will be cheaper than 42070 because of fewer power functions (no remote, switch, no M motor) and 2 less tyres.

I thin it will be 200 Euros or around $300 Australian dollars.

I mean just check out their price even after discount for set 42070 -  247, 92 €

That is £220 UK - that is £1 more then Lego Official MRSP. 

Just now, ctx1769 said:

42070 was overpriced by lego anyway,  I got it with a third off at 140 :sweet:

If that is £ - I too got mine for £149 - which IMO made the model the price it should have been. Back on topic, I used set 42070 to highlight the prices on that site are overpriced even comparable to MSRP : - ) 

2 hours ago, iv-tecman said:

Those prices do not seem realistic to me at all, as mention, site seem to be overpriced in general. 357,79 € is grossly way more then even the most expensive flagship Technic models ever released. I cannot from what I've seen so far, and granted its only pics, but from what i've seen of set 42082 I cannot see how it can command that type of money.

I'll wait and see

2 hours ago, Timoonn said:

Come oooon :grin:

The website linked is way overprice, for every sets, not only technics. Dont worry final prices are not that high and I think the crane is about 2500-3000pcs

Hotbricks just love to write articles with tons of sponsored links to e-merchants, even if the relayed information is fake, unverified or grotesque. I strongly not recommend this site for "serious" Lego news.

2 hours ago, ShowsOn said:

I don't think the price is right. I think it is more like 2500 - 3000 pieces. I think it will be cheaper than 42070 because of fewer power functions (no remote, switch, no M motor) and 2 less tyres.

I thin it will be 200 Euros or around $300 Australian dollars.

By reality I mean about 250-270 $/€. Speaking of that, 42069 wasn't looked like a 2300+ parts set for me, and turned out to be packed fully with pieces. This is why I think the afore mentioned price is possible considering the size, and maybe the even bigger piece count. Just my opinion, but we'll see it at the Nuremberg TF.

Edited by Jockos

This shown prices are indeed high for my point of view (and my financial possibilities), so I'll wait and see like I have waited for another Xerion and got it (actually my wife bought it) for some ~~107€ (initial price was 180€). About 42082 (sorry I'm late to the party) but panels 3 x 11 are defenetly used, you can see on "oval" pinholes on panel they are proportionally much higher than wide...If I remembered there is one more set - "black box" which will be very interesting to see on Nuremberg toy fair what is about.

Well, true or not, the pre-indicated prices were approx correct in the past. I see the next:

1. LEGO does the same price play as for the 42070 (high price advertisement, and price drop for actual sale to make feel customers satisfied to have "The deal"), which is not a straight talk - absolutely no go for me. OR
  2. LEGO just outprices me from the hobby.
Edited by agrof

For amazon.de 42070 has just dropped from 250 EUR (RSMP) to 180 EUR. That's a deep and rarely seen 28% cut. I guess that's what it's truly worth.

Back to 2018 sets. This may be the first time, I really don't want to admit it, that I consider not buying the flagship o__O

I've got flagships from 2010 to 2017, minus 2011 flagships Unimog. Even for the widely criticized 42070 I still thought of buying it because it looks really bulky, intimidating, and appealing enough. 

But this 42082 feels like a rehashed 42009 o____O

If it turns out to have superior or cooler functions I may rethink. But now I'm thinking of a pass.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I have seen 42070 for 170-190 fairly regularly on amazon.de / kaufhof / karstadt.

This year I'm going to wait before buying the sets, none of them look so appealing that I want them now and not when they are on sale. Others like the bulldozer, excavater, and unimog I couldn't wait.

Edited by S.I

I will wait for prices to sink to affordable levels, got thousands of Lego to sort and other stuff to do in the mean time.

4 hours ago, LvdH said:

The BWE has 4000ish pieces and is only €200. Those prices are either incorrect, or it's a seriously enormous set. 

Remember that it does essentially come with a building.

I have googled pictures and it seems that lego is again building most of the models bigger than needed. I mean, unimog tires for crane with 2 stage boom, outridges and 3-way steering? Volvo thing with claas tires? I don't like that approach of big outside, half empty inside

Just now, WvG_853 said:

Will the the 42079 Forklift be comparable in size to the 8416 Forklift or smaller?

I'd say smaller. The cab and seat on 8416 are pretty massive.

16 minutes ago, WvG_853 said:

Will the the 42079 Forklift be comparable in size to the 8416 Forklift or smaller?

It's slightly longer (because of longer wheelbase) and will most likely have a little higher piece count, but the 8416 has a taller lift mast.