New ones? I see the 42082 can simply be found by Googling.

5 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

*snip*

Here you can see, how simply skewing and slightly blurring the picture makes the panel look like a 5x11.

I really do wish for new parts, but in this case I highly doubt we are gettign any new dog bones.

Omg thank you, finally. That picture is exactly what I’m trying to say.

Edited by Bartybum

We know at least we are getting a better flagship model than last year and I hope for a better price, H2 2017 was disappointing 'nuff said.

Found the images on Twitter. Love the forklift, can't really tell much about the others but the Volvo is certainly interesting. I really can't get a sense of scale for any of these other than that one... also I understand distortion and everything, but I swear those are 3x7 dog bones on the arm of 42082.

2 minutes ago, suffocation said:

I wonder if 42082 will have planetary hubs - they're long past due in an official set.

I don’t really see a reason to. Regular portal hubs will work just fine

35 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

And the panels on the crane boom look like 5x11s. They probably have https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=63869 in red and 3L beams in between.

We’d see the gap (where the curved ends meet, shown by a shadow) between the 3L beams and the pieces you suggested if that were the case. I’m looking at it now and there’s no such gap.

21 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Planetary hubs have better gear reduction and offer a better pivot point.

Gear reduction only matters if the wheels are driven, which we shouldn’t expect since it isn’t RC, and it’s very unlikely that they’d put drive on a vehicle with HoG steering.

I’m not sure how planetary hubs necessarily improve the pivot point.

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, suffocation said:

Compared to a standard portal hub, a planetary hub takes up at least one stud less. Build one and see for yourself :classic:

Do you have any pics? I’m away from my Lego.

For interest - went over to S@H UK to spend Christmas money and get free PAB box, you can now order the H1 sets (Mack still not listed :-( ) but the are on Back order for shipping 8th Jan, so have they sold stock already or didn't really have it, what was the point in listing it!? Be interesting to see if any Lego stores have stock or anything shows up elsewhere this week.

1 hour ago, tgrbailey said:

(Mack still not listed :-( )

On American S@H, it is listed, Jan 1st I will decide yes or no on it.

For the 42080, we can see a blue hose running from the rear body to the front body. According to the color coding rules for pneumatics, blue hoses connect the compressor with the valves. This means the valves are in the front body and behind the cabin.

8 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

For the 42080, we can see a blue hose running from the rear body to the front body. According to the color coding rules for pneumatics, blue hoses connect the compressor with the valves. This means the valves are in the front body and behind the cabin.

I said that two days ago, but how do you know there aren't in the back?

If the valves are in the back then the hose running from the back would be either grey or black.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

^ And for a bonus ten points, what is the typical colour for the hoses that supply those valves with air?

Clue: it's not Dark Azure.

^ No idea what you meant with that question.

A couple of things I've noticed in the 42080:

- There's some thing blue, 1 stud long on the surface of the back body, right next to the 3x5 lime panel. I think that's one end of the compressor.

- There's something grey, rectangular under the white liftarm, and an orange 2 stud liftarm in the rear body. I think those can be the battery box and its switch.

1 minute ago, Gnac said:

^ And for a bonus ten points, what is the typical colour for the hoses that supply those valves with air?

Blue, what else?

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

- There's some thing blue, 1 stud long on the surface of the back body, right next to the 3x5 lime panel. I think that's one end of the compressor.

- There's something grey, rectangular under the white liftarm, and an orange 2 stud liftarm in the rear body. I think those can be the battery box and its switch.

Which is why I said the blue hose is running back.

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

but how do you know there aren't in the back?

Yes, the battery. The macaroni pieces that are used a ton this rear are supposed to be exhaust, but are pneumatic switch levers.

14 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

right next to the 3x5 lime panel

3x7. Trust me on this. Those expecting 2x5 snotgreen mini-panels just from a glance at the cab may also be disappointed.

Don't forget, we're looking at grainy shots from a catalogue where our expectations can be more warped than the specific part of the page the pic appears on. I'm seeing a tangle of blue between the white lifting mechanism and the bum-end of this strange mantis, which suggests hoses and / or colour-coded support beams for them (like that cute Volvo digger we just had).

Aventador's observation on the macaroni bits sounds reasonable enough to be correct.

UK Toys r Us have none of the new H1 Technic sets, was hoping they would have some by now got £40 worth of gift cards to use up.

hopefully they get stock soon, not even listed on their website yet.

And just seen images of the H2 sets. This is looking to be a decent year for Lego Technic fans.