Just now, Jeroen Ottens said:

4) For a two stage boom 5L thick enough, there is not really a need to go to 7L

That sounds like #1 reason, together with the following one:

4 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

It’s more likely that Lego used an existing piece 3x3 than spent hundreds of thousands of dollars designing a new mold.

I agree that a studless boom more than allows having two stages with only 5L thick. Or, maybe the boom isn't just a 2-staged one but contains something else that still requires having 7L thick...

12 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think this picture provides a perfect reference:

Here we have also a 7 stud high boom and a 3x11 panel skewed at the similar angle. For me the 3x11 white looks clearly different in height with the something x 11 panels in 42082.

The shape of the panels in the 42082 leak is distorted three times along slightly different axes. That warps the image significantly.

I’m genuinely perplexed at how people don’t understand what skewing does.

Edited by Bartybum

26 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Well so does the shape of the panels in 42042.

I’ve figured out how you can approximate the skewing. First look at the 42042 photo from the right hand side at about 30 deg, then from the top by about 15 deg. You get a shape that almost looks like a 5x11.

I’d like to point out that when looking at skewed the panels in the 42082 leak, they have the same proportions as unskewed 5x11 panels

Edited by Bartybum

Yes and the wheels are triangular, the scewing makes them look round! People, myself included, commented that the boom on 42070 looked too small. It think 5x5 boom would also look a bit too small for 42082. And to have it extend so long it needs to be beefy!

Edited by allanp

Maybe it does look too small. Either way it’s 5L high.

I feel like we might be overestimating the size of 42082. Judging by the side picture in the top right, its wheelbase and height are pretty much the same as 42030. Like it’s big but I don’t think it’s some enormous behemoth.

Edited by Bartybum

To me there's no doubt the panels on the boom of 42082 are 5x11, but I'm not sure about the dog bones. 

I think it looks like it could be done like this:

untitled.png

It looks like there's some sort of slot in the middle.

6 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Guys, guys, don't you see? You're all wrong. It's obvious that the panels on the forklift are Very Dark Blue...

A person who sees correctly @Timoonn!

4 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

1) the 11.5 double bent liftarm at the front is not sticking out, hence it must be oriented lengthwise, hence the beam is 5 studs high

I wrote the same thing on the previous page, no one noticed.

About 42083... possibly a new supercar, sudden wave of dark azure sets/parts, mixed reception on 42056... second take?

800x533.jpg

911 GT2 RS...

17 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

1) the 11.5 double bent liftarm at the front is not sticking out, hence it must be oriented lengthwise, hence the beam is 5 studs high

Well if the beam is 7 studs high the double bent lift arm wouldn't stick out either. 

9 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

About 42083... possibly a new supercar, sudden wave of dark azure sets/parts, mixed reception on 42056... second take?

Santa just told me to wait and be patient, instead of speculating :wink::laugh: 

Santa tell me

if "you" really care

don't speculate keep calm and wait

the car will be here next year

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

If we look at licenced sets we have different types of vehicles / classes of vehicles:

- Volvo (front end loader in 2014, excavator in 2016 and futuristic autonomus loader in 2018)

- Mercedes (Unimog in 2011, Arocs in 2015)

So I think wheever Porsche will be some other than 911 evolution :wink:

And not forget that there is also CLAAS licence

Untitled.jpg

Here you can see, how simply skewing and slightly blurring the picture makes the panel look like a 5x11.

I really do wish for new parts, but in this case I highly doubt we are gettign any new dog bones.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

Santa just told me to wait and be patient, instead of speculating :wink::laugh: 

Sorry for that:blush:, but color was just so strikingly similar I couldn't resist... Didn't want to spark speculations again. I'll just be a good boy now and wait patiently:sadnew:.

4 hours ago, ctx1769 said:

Claas license, Hmm CLAAS 911 RTS high performance tractor. :grin:

Yes, pimp my tractor challenge :laugh:

Ladies and gentleman Merry Christmas to you all

Edited by I_Igor

Now for some serious observations again...

42082 has loads of minipanels in red, even at the dash in the cabin and the tip of the mast. Don't think I've ever seen a set with such a large number of 'em...

And what's up with the backside, the black end of the superstructure looks twice as long as in the small image at the top... Some opening door for easy BB removal? Or weird photo angle again?

Edited by Rudivdk

Just a small thing to point out, dark bluish gray #2 connectors are making an appearance on the ladder on the side of 42082. And I think there is a black 1x1 beam on the right-side wing mirror.

The back of it IS really long, but I think there is a little bit of distortion in the photo.

This is what I see when staring at the blurry 42082 picture: 3x5 dog bones with 3x11 panels:

29blqn4.jpg

EDIT:  I agree that the prelim image suggests that the 42079 has dark blue panels on top.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

I just checked the pictures, and I must say, it will be a great 2H - meanwhile I think it was a bit early for such quite exact leaks (insert usual conspiration theories here). My thoughts:

42082: I really like it, just like Cumulonimbus, I will be a party smasher too for those, who are expecting new dogbone piece. It is 5x3, with 3x11 panels inbetween. Let's compare the 3x3 T-beam - where the linear actuators are attached to the boom -, if You scale it to the nearest dogbone, it clearly reaches to the middle. I made  this in photoshop too for double check, I just will not share even tiny detail as picture here - rules to be respected.

The Autonomus wheel loader is a great welcome from my point of view, finally LEGO not about only just to copy existing machines, but gives inspiration for the (near) future, for (near) future engineers. The right move! Still, don't expect more than a manual model, probably upgradable with PF for bucket movement, but that's it.

The forest machine is a bit weird (not in a good way this time) with motorized pneumatic pump - BB is in the back, hidden behind the panels.

The forklift is spot on for it's size, nothing to complain.

Edited by agrof

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Well if the beam is 7 studs high the double bent lift arm wouldn't stick out either. 

No, look at @Cumulonimbus's lxf for what I mean.

58 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Yes, pimp my tractor challenge :laugh:

I will accept that challenge soon!