I´m going with new dog bones too. Those are full sized panels on the boom - compare to the engine cover panels and the parts used on the end of the boom.

If you have seen the more recent better quality pics, it´s apparent.

Edited by valenciaeric

24 minutes ago, Jim said:

Exactly. That thought crossed my mind too :thumbup:

I am not sure where to side, I still think 3x5 is more logical.

Another point is the prefab house. Those panels have to be used in the B model or it seems like a bit of a waste. It´s also weird that the box is so thick as there is no bucket or extra large item and it doesn´t seem to be a 3000 part plus set. 

Guys, guys, don't you see? You're all wrong. It's obvious that the panels on the forklift are Very Dark Blue, and the crane boom has 3 x 6 dog bones with 4 x 11 panels in between. How awesome, another new shade of blue and 2 new pieces :tongue:

10 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Very Dark Blue

In between "very-very" and "not so very" shades? :grin: Yeah, Mery Christmas indeed...

It's probably just lousy pic + cheap monitor + poor eyesight delusion, but is that a motor under the Volvo sticker, just behind the front left wheel?

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I think you maybe right. There's not enough space between the holes for three other holes, on the alleged 5x11 panel. Makes more sense that it's a 3x11 panel.

On the other hand; looking at this image...

*snip*

...the proportions are rather different.

I'm back to 7x3 dog bone and a 5x11 panel :laugh:
(there seems to be too much space between the holes for a 3x11 panel)

Here's a 3x11 panel.

*snip*

The holes are very close together. No way that the panels on the boom are 3x11.

The proportions are different because the piece isn’t side on. In fact, the set is at an angle to the box, which itself is at an angle to the page, which itself is also be at an angle to the camera that took the photo of the page (seen by the skewed yellow NYTT tag when compared to the same tag on other leaks being straight).

Also, what about the thickness of the LA compared to the panels? If the panels were 5x11 then the LA would be 3L in diameter, which it isn’t.

Furthermore, look at the red 3x11 curved panels near the counterweight and the rectangular part of the door. They’re almost the same size as the panels on the boom. In fact, if the boom is 7L in thickness, then why is it thinner than the counterweight? The boom’s lift angle isn’t large enough to cause serious height compression.

Lastly, who’s to say the pin holes on the panels are empty? To me they don’t look quite as large as the pin holes along the bottom.

I therefore maintain that what we see are 3x5 dog bones and 3x11 panels.

Edited by Bartybum

Yes, those are 5x3 dog bones in red, it would not make sense for Lego to release both 3x5 and 3x7 dog bones in same color, because they would be too easy to mix up.

Also as @Bartybum mentioned, the rear panels are also curved 3x11, 3x7 types and they are same height.

On the topic of the black BWE ring, I agree. There’s a homogenous line with a fairly steadily changing reflection gradient along the bottom of the superstructure which definitely suggests a black ring

35 minutes ago, suffocation said:

It's probably just lousy pic + cheap monitor + poor eyesight delusion, but is that a motor under the Volvo sticker, just behind the front left wheel?

I think that’s just an abnormally thick brick built footstand of some sort, perhaps using the smooth curved connector pieces that everyone’s been drooling over this year

11 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Yes, those are 5x3 dog bones in red, it would not make sense for Lego to release both 3x5 and 3x7 dog bones in same color, because they would be too easy to mix up.

Also as @Bartybum mentioned, the rear panels are also curved 3x11, 3x7 types and they are same height.

How would that not make sense? They’re pretty big parts. 

And the sticker on the boom is (almost) square. This fits perfectly on the center part of a 5x11 panel, and definitely not on a 3x11 panel. Which IMO adds another reason to believe the dog bones must be 3x7.

Edited by rener

Just now, rener said:

How would that not make sense? They’re pretty big parts. 

And the sticker on the boom is (almost) square. This fits perfectly on the center part of a 5x11 panel, and definitely not on a 3x11 panel. Which IMO adds another reason to believe the dog bones must be 3x7.

Rener, look at your avatar. It looks like a weird elipse shaped variation of a 24 tooth gear! Its same optical illusion here...

Just now, Zerobricks said:

Rener, look at your avatar. It looks like a weird elipse shaped variation of a 24 tooth gear! Its same optical illusion here...

Precisely. That sticker is almost square because of how ridiculously the panel’s length is compressed by the triple skewing

Yes I see, lol.

But, how do you know there’s an optical illusion? All other things seem quite in proportion to me.

Also one more proof. See how linear actuators are attached to the boom. There is a red T piece, which is same height as the panel above.

Edited by Zerobricks

For me it's just simply that, the bridge of the dogbone looks longer than the either 3L liftarms at both end. Recall that for a 3x5 dogbone the bridge is also 3L, which is equal to the liftarms at both end. So it must be longer than a 3x5.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Also one more prpof. See how linear actuators are attached to the boom. There is a red T piece, which is same height as the panel above.

I suggested that this may be another new piece. The pin hole spacing doesn’t match a 3x3 T piece. It’s more like a 3x4. 

Also one more proof. See how linear actuators are attached to the boom. There is a red T piece, which is same height as the panel above.

That’s something to consider, indeed. But looking at it, the distance between two black pins which are attached to the boom and the black pin attached to the LA seems bigger than one stud/hole. So it doesn’t look like a standard T-beam (which aren’t available in red I thought anyway)...

And the vertical distance between two holes on the panel is longer than the height of one hole. If it's a 3x11 panel then only 1 hole should fit. Vertical distances get distorted significantly less than horizontal distances in perspective.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Just now, Boulderer said:

I suggested that this may be another new piece. The pin hole spacing doesn’t match a 3x3 T piece. It’s more like a 3x4. 

It’s more likely that Lego used an existing piece 3x3 than spent hundreds of thousands of dollars designing a new mold.

Just now, Bartybum said:

It’s more likely that Lego used an existing piece 3x3 than spent hundreds of thousands of dollars designing a new mold.

Surely that argument stands for all new pieces. 

Just now, Boulderer said:

Surely that argument stands for all new pieces. 

Well yeah. The spacing definitely matches a skewed 3x3 since pins aren’t as large as the hole.

I think this picture provides a perfect reference:

42042_main.jpg?1462343272

Here we have also a 7 stud high boom and a 3x11 panel skewed at the similar angle. For me the 3x11 white looks clearly different in height with the something x 11 panels in 42082.

Even though I at first also was convinced it was a 3x7 dogframe, I am now swayed to the other camp:

1) the 11.5 double bent liftarm at the front is not sticking out, hence it must be oriented lengthwise, hence the beam is 5 studs high
2) The 3x11 curved panels do look quite elongated in the rear, so there is definitively some distortion going on
3) It makes less sense to have a similar frame in a different dimension
4) For a two stage boom 5L thick enough, there is not really a need to go to 7L
5) The distortion also would explain the 3x4 T-piece being just a 3x3 T-piece (which is introduced in red in the fire-truck of H1, right?)

Pretty certain it's a 3x7 dog bone, and I'm also in the dark blue camp for the forklift. But I STILL can't decide what that gray part is on the logging machine behind the front seat with the black 20t double bevel gear sticking out the side :laugh:

Edited by allanp