Just now, Bartybum said:

But the side view in the top right corner also clearly shows dark blue

Time will tell, on the side of the box it looks black :)

3 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Those new red 7L dog bones everyone’s hyped about on 40282... I think they’re just 5L dog bones.

The blurry image combined with the perspective of the red panels makes them look 5x11, but I think they might only be 3x11. The ends of the dog bones are too thick in relation to the long bit.

I also think they are 5L dogbones.. I have measured the distances of the holes and it´s possible..

29 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

So even if you think that it's blue, it does not make it a reality, its blacky black:grin:

I will completely dissagree, it is totally blue.

@Jim, can I post a cropped, rear section photo to show this guy some dark blue? :laugh:

Enjoy your yellow and blue forklift pictures! :tongue:

11 minutes ago, Dyen said:

I also think they are 5L dogbones.. I have measured the distances of the holes and it´s possible..

Look right at the top above the "Technic" symbol, you see a 5x9 liftarm connected to both sides, so it is definitely 5x3 dogbone.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

@Jim, can I post a cropped, rear section photo to show this guy some dark blue? :laugh:

Look right at the top above the "Technic" symbol, you see a 5x9 liftarm connected to both sides, so it is definitely 5x3 dogbone.

Yea, but it´s 3x9 liftarm, not 5x9 :) 
Three holes would not appear between the two holes on the liftarm which is in the picture.

6 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

can I post a cropped, rear section photo

If from confidential image, no.

32 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Its okay, just be patient and wait for better pictures, it will be funny (for me:grin:)  :sadnew:

Edited by Timoonn

21 minutes ago, Dyen said:

Yea, but it´s 3x9 liftarm, not 5x9 :) 
Three holes would not appear between the two holes on the liftarm which is in the picture.

No, it makes a 5l distance to to bottom

5373d7f3119c2_196820b.jpg

10 minutes ago, Milan said:

If from confidential image, no.

Ok, we shall wait.

Just now, Timoonn said:

Its okay, just be patient and wait better pictures... of this blue and yellow forklift :sadnew:

Agreed... :laugh:

But if you compare the length of this 5x3 / 7x3 Dogbone part with 3x3 T-shape one: 60484.t1.png you may see (I saw, for example) that the "dogbone" part is too tall to be 5x3. Anyway let's wait and see. As for the black / blue panel - remember the 2-years old story about black and gold or blue and white dress? It was an amazing example how the light and visual appearance in general may change the perception. :wink:

8 hours ago, Timoonn said:

Its black:laugh:

If you see black than I have bad photo :sceptic: But at least you know what I was pointing with my post about forklift :wink:

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Am I the only one who feels that the 62.4 tyres look oversized for the forklift?

Size is based on Arocs gear rack, so best way is to look after real model and compare dimensions. Starting point is drivers seat. I'm tempted to make model with 49.5 tires (double at the front and single at rear)

3 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Am I the only one who feels that the 62.4 tyres look oversized for the forklift?

I'd put smaller ones to the rear.

I think this pic resemble the forklift pose on the box most

32127-Hyster-used-forklift-16-ton-1.jpg

Compared to this pic, the 42079 has a smaller cabin and shorter body, but roughly same wheels. So my point about wheels being oversized is not without evidence.

@Ngoc Nguyen only thing that you need is comparison of wheel / tire diameter and forks lifting system height to find out optimal proportions. Based od image you posted you could be right

7 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

The crane must be at least 4x4x4, with 3 steering modes. I think the outriggers could be better but maybe the steering modes steal too much room, all of this being very realistic.

Did you notice an curved arrow at right bottom of the box (flagship allert)?

9 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Those new red 7L dog bones everyone’s hyped about on 40282... I think they’re just 5L dog bones.

The blurry image combined with the perspective of the red panels makes them look 5x11, but I think they might only be 3x11. The ends of the dog bones are too thick in relation to the long bit.

I think you maybe right. There's not enough space between the holes for three other holes, on the alleged 5x11 panel. Makes more sense that it's a 3x11 panel.

On the other hand; looking at this image...

35754832202_ea8a0bbc3c_c.jpg

...the proportions are rather different.

I'm back to 7x3 dog bone and a 5x11 panel :laugh:
(there seems to be too much space between the holes for a 3x11 panel)

Here's a 3x11 panel.

15458.png

The holes are very close together. No way that the panels on the boom are 3x11.

Or we can think about it this way. The boom of 42009 is already 7 stud high. Does it make sense for this gigantic 42082 to have a 5 stud-high boom?

Don't worry Jim, I see it as being 3x7 dogbones to. Also, the forklift almost certainly has dark blue parts. If you look at the top of the beam at the back of the cab,and the connector to the left of it, they are pretty clearly different colors.

Also, there is a Lift Me arrow on the box of 42082, so it is a flagship.

Here's a list of possible functions for the crane to have:

Boom Elevation

Boom Extension

Winch

Slew

Outriggers

Steering, 4 wheel

Drive, to fake V8

I'd say that much is plainly evident, but a couple of questions remain. There is four wheel steering, but is it switchable? What does the function on the chassis selector switch between? A possibility is that the XL motor can be connected to the wheels, and the model driven at slow speed, like 42042 or 42055, and the other mode is for operating the outriggers. Or, it's a bidirectional switch, again like 42042.

Another question is does the cab raise, and finally, is slewing motorized? I ask that because 42009 did not have motorized slewing, but on the other hand, 42042 and 42055 do. It's a bit of a mystery, but stay strong, friends. It's only a month and change until the toy fairs.

Also, have a very merry Christmas!

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Or we can think about it this way. The boom of 42009 is already 7 stud high. Does it make sense for this gigantic 42082 to have a 5 stud-high boom?

Exactly. That thought crossed my mind too :thumbup:

1 minute ago, Saberwing40k said:

What does the function on the chassis selector switch between?

Given the new gearbox design style, and the large space in the undercarriage, I'd venture to say it's a two way switch for the outriggers.

On another note, I see a 3x11 shell with 10 holes, and 2 small panels in red just in front of the cabin. This means the superstructure is 21 stud wide. All the more reason to believe in the XL turntable made of black quadrants! To put it in scale, the superstructure of 42009 is only 15 stud wide.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen