1 hour ago, Zero (Zblj) said:

A friend of mine mentioned, the arm thing on the volvo is actually a camera, which makes total sense, seeing the wires going out of it.

If this is indeed the case, we might be looking at a set, which can be remotely controlled via a phone or a tablet with actual videolink feedback.

That would be an awesome upgrade to the Power Functions!

I fear that you are drifting into fantasy land :sceptic:

I love the enthusiasm, but I am pretty sure TLG won't introduce something like that in a regular set. That's flagship material you are talking about. 

I would love to be wrong though :laugh:

I think that camera arm is just decorative, and serves to reinforce the message that the vehicle is autonomous. It's like the fake antenna in 42065. I think the antenna makes the set more convincing as RC-capable.

Just now, Jim said:

I love the enthusiasm, but I am pretty sure TLG won't introduce something like that in a regular set. That's flagship material you are talking about. 

I would love to be wrong though :laugh:

Nah, you're right. The camera arm is more decorative. I actually didn't see anything on the box that indicates what that piece even is.

I hope you are right Zero. There must be something very special in this set. It is quite big and for what purpose? Only to have a simple working bucket in front of it? Probably the new PF stuff is hidden in the prelim picture (think of 9398 prelim).

Edited by Interceptor

Just now, Interceptor said:

I hope you are right Zero. There must be something very special in this set. It is quite big and for what purpose? Only to have a simple working blade in front of it? Probably the new PF stuff is hidden in the prelim picture (think of 9398 prelim).

It looks like the bulk of the body shifts as the bucket is loaded, to act as counter balance for the change on weight.  That would add a lot to the functionality of the model. 

3 observations about 42081:

- It seems like the rear wheels are steered, not the front

-It also seems like the rear DBG container has no function, which is a major letdown.

-I don't think there is a gearbox.

Some things about 42082:

It must have some amount of drive and steering hub, I hope it is the improved hub!!

The engine on the back is indeed a v10, with a (orange?) blade on the back.I

It is using a XL motor undoubtedly, it you zoom in enough.

The back of the counterweight is black.

And for those talking about 42080, there is a blue tube indicating the rear has the pump.

The red section of the boom looks like its about 52 studs long not including the end which I guess to be about 9 or 10 studs long, oh man that is one piece of kit. :grin: 

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like there is a pair of dbg micro panels just below the cab of 42080. 

Just now, deehtha said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like there is a pair of dbg micro panels just below the cab of 42080. 

Yes they are! So many new colors for us!

27 minutes ago, deehtha said:

They're not new, there are a few in the Mack, and they appeared for the first time with Rey.

4 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

The parts on 42081's hubs look pretty unique. Anyone know what they are?

2822028220.t1.png

I don't think it's motorized because there's no axle running through the crane arm. Whether it can spin manually I have no idea.

1 minute ago, ShowsOn said:

Does anyone think that the circular blade on 42080 will spin? If so, how could that be achieved? 

Manual crank

Are the mini panels on 42080 new in lime as well (cabin)? Haven't seen them in lime before... And it has 2 of each!

Edited by Rudivdk

8 hours ago, Zero (Zblj) said:

A friend of mine mentioned, the arm thing on the volvo is actually a camera, which makes total sense, seeing the wires going out of it.

If this is indeed the case, we might be looking at a set, which can be remotely controlled via a phone or a tablet with actual videolink feedback.

That would be an awesome upgrade to the Power Functions!

Well that would be big step into the future of Technic :wink:

5 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Some things about 42082:

It must have some amount of drive and steering hub, I hope it is the improved hub!!

The engine on the back is indeed a v10, with a (orange?) blade on the back.I

It is using a XL motor undoubtedly, it you zoom in enough.

The back of the counterweight is black.

For engine - it looks to me like V8, but hey I'm shortsighted :laugh:

It looks (to me) that crane arm is actually brick build like 8421 only with panels at the side

Edited by I_Igor
Wrong emoticon...