45 minutes ago, zoo said:

All this talk of how a pneumatic engine wont fit. Am I the only one who interpret the meaning of the original comment being a new (to LEGO) kind of proper pneumatic motor/pump? Like what you would see driving this function (saw blade) in a real machine like this? (Well, it would be hydraulic and not pneumatic IRL, but you understand what I mean).

That's what I thought he meant. Still wondering what that grey piece is behind the drivers seat with the black 20t double bevel gear sticking out the side.

I think the black 20z bevel gear is used to rotate the cabin. Notice that the cabin isn't aligned with the lower body.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 hours ago, Boulderer said:

the 2018 model pales by comparison, even with the colour vomit 

1 hour ago, ctx1769 said:

that is one cool build

Thanks

Just now, dave7842 said:

why is not allowed to post prelims or ask for them?

Hello Dave,

Posting confidential pictures is not allowed, since Lego does not want them to be visible to public, just yet, for various reasons.
Asking for pictures here, is not allowed since we would not read posts about 2018 Technic sets discussion, but members posts asking for pictures.

39 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

The crane and the forklift are awesome I hope they had some new pieces...

Crane has something like 3 x 7 dog bone what was allready mentioned few hours ago...and black gear 1/4 ring known from 42055 set :wink:

2 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Crane has something like 3 x 7 dog bone what was allready mentioned few hours ago...and black gear 1/4 ring known from 42055 set :wink:

Oh now I see it, it is a very useful piece.

Finally got to see these pictures people are referring to. You know who are you, thank you sir!  

I will be for sure buying that crane, looks amazing! The Volvo is very different. The forestry equipment is interesting, but a weird color combo, I guess we needed the color vomit model again. And I know you guys love te forklift, but it is not my favorite. 

2018 has MUCH better sets than 2017

I haven't seen pictures and can wait a little while to get them, but this 2H 2018 lineup sounds amazing, and I'm definitely going to get the forklift and drone bulldozer thing just from the descriptions of them.

Also, if we do get another big supercar, I hope it's more impressive than the Porsche...

On 2017-12-22 at 12:33 PM, degenerate said:

I actually like 42080!
Let's not forget there will probably be a bunch of stickers in the finished model which will help smooth out the "color barf", I'm sure :classic:

good point! totally forgot about stickers.

It looks like after the disappointment with 2017 that 2018 will be a good year. I like the yacht, rally car and yacht from H1 and I like the Crane and Forklift from H2 so I’d say a good year. Looking forward to finding out what the Flagship is.

not too sure what I’ll purchase yet.

A friend of mine mentioned, the arm thing on the volvo is actually a camera, which makes total sense, seeing the wires going out of it.

If this is indeed the case, we might be looking at a set, which can be remotely controlled via a phone or a tablet with actual videolink feedback.

That would be an awesome upgrade to the Power Functions!

1 hour ago, Zero (Zblj) said:

A friend of mine mentioned, the arm thing on the volvo is actually a camera, which makes total sense, seeing the wires going out of it.

If this is indeed the case, we might be looking at a set, which can be remotely controlled via a phone or a tablet with actual videolink feedback.

That would be an awesome upgrade to the Power Functions!

The Volvo is not motorised at all