13 minutes ago, degenerate said:

The release of these sets is scheduled for August, so a long time left.

Indeed, August as usual! (That's the month before my birthday comes!)

1 hour ago, DarkShadow73 said:

TRU stores in my area received the 42075, 42076 and 42077.  No sign of the Mack Anthem yet. 

I haven't seen any of these sets yet in any physical stores yet. Also most online stores either don't have them or list them as "not available yet" or the like.

The Mack Anthem is listed on the Canadian site of LEGO with release date of January 1st for 229 CAD$ (other regions on the lego site don't have it listed yet). I also found it on one site that claims they have it on stock. They usually ship their stuff quite fast so I expect to get it before the newyear :)

Edit: the LEGO US site also lists the 420178 with a release date of Jan. 1st

Edited by Enantiomeer

10 hours ago, Bartybum said:

That’s totally different than what he meant though. He’s talking about a pneumatic engine not a compressor. To spin the saw blade with pneumatics would require an engine. That won’t fit anywhere in the set, because the rear will house the battery box and the compressor.

I know what he meant; I have 2 lpe, one 3 cylinder made by my good friend Ales @nicjasno and one 2 cylinder made by myself. What I wrote down was just alternative suggestion based on solutions so far presented by LEGO :wink:

12 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Since I have seen the light photos, I'll say this: much improved Lego! :thumbup: On to specifics...

42079: Looks like a nice little set to pick up, FORKLIFT!!! it has some dark blue panels on the back, I'm interested in how the lifting mechanism will work.

42080: What an ugly megablocker!!! :sick: Color barf for the ages here! Other than that... Cool appearance with the 8 wheels, more pneumatics is great, those curved pipe parts are in black on the bumper... what the heck are those yellow things above the saw?! Probably worth getting this set on sale.

42081: First impression: AWESOME!!! Love the insectoid look, there is a camera arm AND a drone, giant bucket, more Claas tires... What's not to love?! Probably the price.... :laugh:

42082: BIG! That's the first thought I had when I saw it. It's cool to have this giant telehandler, red/black is a nice change of colors, do I see a V10 engine back there? 4-wheel steering, new 3x7 frames in red, I think I see the BWE turntable quarters in black... Overall, a cool set. Now for the price reveal...

Flagship?... Better be impressive to top all this. Crossing my fingers it will be a McLaren supercar of some sort. :grin: Sorry for wishing.

Forklift is based on Arocs gear rack...

Harvester, well it had main functions but if you look at manufacturer - they have also copyright on color combination and with such diversity in real world it is very hard to make something that looks great with colors and not to copy anyone

Volvo futuristic autonomus loader - tipical visionar vehicle, so IMHO I was hoping for smaller tractor tires, but LEGO has to reuse parts and this is only second time that Volvo bucket is used..,

42082 great idea but perhaps ideal situation to introduce 81.6 mm truck wheels? Or it is not stiff enough to make steer and drive with smaller hubs?

As you said lets wait for flagship...

The functions of 42080 that are visible are:

- Pneumatic functions: Raising the crane, and Closing the yellow grabbers.
- Motorized functions: Compressor
- Manual functions: Steering, and possibly raising the cab. 

There's no axle running through the crane arm, so I think it's possible to route an axle from the motor to the saw blade.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

The 42082 looks good, but I just had the impression the cabin was a bit small in proportion and I don’t see what is rough terrain about this crane. No need, keep it simple!

It was time for a worthy successor of the 855 that I build again recently, so I’m looking forward to this set. Now lets just hope that the price does not follow the 42070 trend!

It's actually rather difficult to tell who designed these sets. Someone mentioned seeing an MK on the forklift, but other than that there don't seem to be any telltale hallmarks among them.

Oh heck, I'll have a go:

42079 - I'll go with Alfred Pedersen, if for no other reason than it features a barrel as did 42049, his most recent yellow confection.

42080 - phew. Urm, Lars Krogh Jensen, given that 8049 is similar and has a lot of parallel features like pneumatics and potential PF. Don't quote me on that, though.

42081 - Looks like a Uwe Wabra. He did a similarly scaled set in the past, the 42030, and some of the build techniques look taken from 42070.

42082 - Markus Kossman. Big, and it's a crane. That's all I'll go on here.

Looking forward to finding out for real!

I haven't seen photos yet (so now I know that I should visit Eurobricks forum  more often :blush:) but I hope that new flagship will not be any supercar because in this kind of vehicles functions are always very simple.

1 hour ago, WvG_853 said:

I don’t see what is rough terrain about this crane.

It’s just the type of crane that it is. Google “2 axle rough terrain crane” and the same sort of vehicles come up.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Any idea why this crane for rough terrain only have 2 axles? The mobile cranes I see in my city usually have 3 or even 4.

Most crane manufacturers calls their mobile cranes "all terrain crane". They can have from 2 to 9 axles. Sometimes they also have most or even all their axles powered. But that does not qualify them as all terrain cranes, mostly because of number of axles.
Namely, due to road regulations (weight), manufacturers have to increase number of axles for their cranes to be able to legally drive on public roads. Max load on one crane axle is 12 tons.

So, when they put more than two axles on a mobile crane, it looses its off road capabilities...when driving over big bump, the crane will have at least one axle hanging in the air at some point, putting other axles above allowed stress. Now imagine 5+ axles crane on that same bump. Two axle crane will always have its two axles pressed on the road, and will use them fully, and under manufacturer allowed stress.

So, rough terrain cranes are much better for real off road, compared to mobile all terrain cranes. They have bigger tires/higher ground clearance, they are shorter/better maneuverability, they have 2 live axles/all wheels always touching the ground, and are able to travel to un-improved work sites.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Any idea why this crane for rough terrain only have 2 axles? The mobile cranes I see in my city usually have 3 or even 4.

My guess would be that because it's rough terrain, it doesn't have to limit itself to 12 tonnes per axle (a rule for on-road traffic), so it can carry more weight on fewer axles. 2 is minimally needed for driving and has the fewest parts, which eases maintenance.

Edit: Milan beat me to it

Edited by Erik Leppen

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Milan Do you happen to be a crane engineer or operator of some sort :tongue:

Nah, just crane enthusiast, probably too big for my own good :wink:.

19 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

42080 - woah, I like this forest machine! A bit on the psychedelic side - check out the DBG rims that won't be in the final set! - but the overall effect is cohesive enough, and it's great to see more pneumatics since we had nothing on that front this year. Relatively rare subject as well. :sweet:

Sth like this?

33066815906_43009dd050_c.jpgWF trac 6x6S by Pat Ard, auf Flickr

All this talk of how a pneumatic engine wont fit. Am I the only one who interpret the meaning of the original comment being a new (to LEGO) kind of proper pneumatic motor/pump? Like what you would see driving this function (saw blade) in a real machine like this? (Well, it would be hydraulic and not pneumatic IRL, but you understand what I mean).