Just now, I_Igor said:

Well rule hasn't changed... :laugh:

But motorized pneumatic pump could be used at the back of harvester

We haven't seen the new manual pump from 42053 in any other set so far, so it could appear in 42080, with the PF controlling gear-based functions.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

We haven't seen the new manual pump from 42053 in any other set so far, so it could appear in 42080, with the PF controlling gear-based functions.

That is what I had in mind :wink:

So I read there's pneumatics. Good to hear, I was wondering whether it was forgotten, but fortunately it's given some new love. Also I missed out on the Arocs (the pneumatics woukd be the only reason to get it, and I'm more of a mechanics person). So maybe this new set might be interesting (haven't seen anything yet).

Since I have seen the light photos, I'll say this: much improved Lego! :thumbup: On to specifics...

42079: Looks like a nice little set to pick up, FORKLIFT!!! it has some dark blue panels on the back, I'm interested in how the lifting mechanism will work.

42080: What an ugly megablocker!!! :sick: Color barf for the ages here! Other than that... Cool appearance with the 8 wheels, more pneumatics is great, those curved pipe parts are in black on the bumper... what the heck are those yellow things above the saw?! Probably worth getting this set on sale.

42081: First impression: AWESOME!!! Love the insectoid look, there is a camera arm AND a drone, giant bucket, more Claas tires... What's not to love?! Probably the price.... :laugh:

42082: BIG! That's the first thought I had when I saw it. It's cool to have this giant telehandler, red/black is a nice change of colors, do I see a V10 engine back there? 4-wheel steering, new 3x7 frames in red, I think I see the BWE turntable quarters in black... Overall, a cool set. Now for the price reveal...

Flagship?... Better be impressive to top all this. Crossing my fingers it will be a McLaren supercar of some sort. :grin: Sorry for wishing.

19 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

You can see a blue pneumatic house going from the rear to the front on 42080, I would be very surprised if there wasn't a PF powered pump somewhere in it, but then again it looks pretty small, so not sure if it would fit.

Just now, degenerate said:

You can see a blue pneumatic house going from the rear to the front on 42080, I would be very surprised if there wasn't a PF powered pump somewhere in it, but then again it looks pretty small, so not sure if it would fit.

I think it is too small for that, unless the entire rear half is used for it.

Just now, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I think it is too small for that, unless the entire rear half is used for it.

I'm not sure tbh, the only reason that the PF/pneumatic combo makes sense is if you have a motorized pump.

I can't see any other function the motor could power that wouldn't be stupid and make this set (which I'm guessing will cost a good bit, PF+pneumatic) so not worth the money.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

To those wanting pictures, they were taken down.

Lego got sharp.

Yes, the links were deleted, not by TLG.

I'll bet there's a good amount of people on here who has them saved down, those who don't will have to wait for official images. :classic:

Edited by degenerate

Just now, degenerate said:

Yes, the links were deleted, not by TLG.

Thankfully i saw them, so i will do my opinion.

42079: 

Looks like a very nice set, love the colors and yellow! will try and find a cheap one in august.

42080:

I don't really like this, to thrown together, looks like a blender hit it. Save your money.

42081:

definitely going to buy this, CLAAS tires and a VOLVO bucket! No contest.

42082:

Mixed feelings, looks OK, but just look thrown together also, it looks like 42070 all over again. Bonus points for the prefab house though.

Just now, tgrbailey said:

So to those who saw, PFv2 or not??

No, regular logo.

Just now, Jeroen Ottens said:

v2 it says clearly...

He said PFV2, look below.

Just now, tgrbailey said:

So to those who saw, PFv2 or not??

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

But motorized pneumatic pump could be used at the back of harvester

That’s totally different than what he meant though. He’s talking about a pneumatic engine not a compressor. To spin the saw blade with pneumatics would require an engine. That won’t fit anywhere in the set, because the rear will house the battery box and the compressor.

EDIT: lmao at anyone thinking PFv2 is coming any time soon. There’s no need for it to since PFv1 already does what’s needed.

Edited by Bartybum

Expressing thoughts on the new sets:

42079. Ingenious mechanism, looks like it's gonna be a hit. Or at least the instructions will :grin: I can see this being overpriced like the 42061.

42080. Color vomit is bad, but there is tons of function potential and that's what matters to me. These are prelims anyway so it may very well change.

42081. I just don't get it. Such a weird vehicle, it really doesn't make sense as a set. Great parts though.

42082. Love it. I'm hoping the boom goes to 80cm+, because that would be a real feat. 

Also, images were removed. 

@Jim, what’s the deal with drawings made of the prelim images? Is that allowed? If so then perhaps someone who still has them can get on to it ;)

Just popping in to say that "Skogsmaskin" is a fantastic word for anything, and that those Earth Green bits had BETTA be in the final thing because I have a bunch of other parts in that colour waiting to welcome them.

Okay bye and merry chrimblings

9 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

42079: Looks like a nice little set to pick up, FORKLIFT!!! it has some dark blue panels on the back, I'm interested in how the lifting mechanism will work.

I used to have the 850-1 forklift, always loved all the yellow construction sets :) Can hardly wait to get my hands on this new one.

10 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

42082: BIG! That's the first thought I had when I saw it. It's cool to have this giant telehandler, red/black is a nice change of colors, do I see a V10 engine back there? 4-wheel steering, new 3x7 frames in red, I think I see the BWE turntable quarters in black... Overall, a cool set. Now for the price reveal...

Damn, if the turntable is really made out of the BWE quarters then it's got to be a HUGE crane. Love it already, will be adding it to my collection at the earliest possibility.

Does anyone know when these sets will actually be released? The H1 sets are in my view less interesting (except for the 42078 which I just ordered).

TRU stores in my area received the 42075, 42076 and 42077.  No sign of the Mack Anthem yet.  Being a bit short on cash I just picked up the 42075 First Responder kit.  It is a really good model IMO, wish it had dual rear shocks instead of just the one, but for small-medium size kit, it was nice to see an actual differential.  Also I think a good companion model to last summer's 42068 Rescue Truck.

Around the large city I live, the airport uses lime green paint on the emergency equipment instead of red, as a lot do in the US that I have seen.  That would have been quite cool for the 42068. 

Will have to wait until after the New Year to pick up the Rally Car and hopefully at that point the Mack will be in stock at local TRU as well, not interested in the Hovercraft myself.  For a company that has declared bankruptcy, I'm quite surprised they are even stocking larger sets.