Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So back to bashing the 42080, allow me to list the colors that appear in it:

- DBG: wheels
- Dark green: Lower half of the body
- White: a white stripe runs in the middle of the body, and the crane arm is white as well
- Lime: Upper half of the body, and the cabin panels
- Blue: The seat inside the cabin
- Yellow: The cylinders and the grabber column
- Red: The saw blade
- LBG: Hose, and body
- Black: Hose, and body

I usually don't agree with the complaints about the color vomit, but this set takes it way too far...

...and orange chainsaw...

I haven't seen the pictures, but from your description it doesn't sound that bad to me: green/lime goes well with yellow/white, and the other colours are only on details. I've seen worse colour vomit in LEGO, for example on the 31008.

@AVCampos No sir they are not on details. Their shares in the overall appearance are no less than those of other colors. Imagine we have 100%. The distributions in most sets are like 50% main color, 40% secondary color, 10% highlight color. 42080 on the other hand distribute like 10-15% for each color. Urggh

Like, I look at the set and I am totally unable to tell which one is the main color or secondary color.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

The dark green underbody of the rear part of the harvester is not alligned. I'm going for "prelimenary design". And I actually quite like the green/white/lime combo.

I actually like 42080!
Let's not forget there will probably be a bunch of stickers in the finished model which will help smooth out the "color barf", I'm sure :classic:

13 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@AVCampos No sir they are not on details. Their shares in the overall appearance are no less than those of other colors. Imagine we have 100%. The distributions in most sets are like 50% main color, 40% secondary color, 10% highlight color. 42080 on the other hand distribute like 10-15% for each color. Urggh

Like, I look at the set and I am totally unable to tell which one is the main color or secondary color.

OK, got it. I'll reserve my judgement for when I see some images, then.

Just now, valenciaeric said:

Looks like you get a portacabin or house with the crane, that could epxlain the box size.

Yes, it shows front box a prefab house to be made.

49 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Wow! Finally, we got another really new part, however, I'd prefer it in LBG...
Meanwhile, I'll pray no not getting this "autonomous" loader with pull-back motors :tongue:

Perhaps B model will be more ground to earth

Edited by I_Igor

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but does 42079 have dark blue panels at the back?

Edited by Jockos

5 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Looks like you get a portacabin or house with the crane, that could epxlain the box size.

The cabin walls are made up of beams and panels. So, nothing to explain the size of the box. 

Looking at 42080, on the front half behind the driver's seat, what could that grey thing be with the axle sticking out the side with the black 20t double bevel gear on it? A new valve or something really obvious I'm missing?!

Just now, Boulderer said:

The cabin walls are made up of beams and panels. So, nothing to explain the size of the box. 

Not unless the cabin comes assembled :laugh:

Okay, now that I've managed so sneak a peek, I can finally comment.

Harvester looks interesting. Color scheme is debatable, but I'll be getting it for its uniqueness and because I love pneumatics. Also, great to see some studded beams on the crane.

Futuristic loader looks really out there. Return of the big bucket! Should fit right in with the Futuristic Tow Truck.

Crane looks good, I dig the red color and seemingly plate-built stabilizer pads. Will be interesting to see why the box is so big.

These look to be some great models and I can't wait what the flagship is like.

Sounds like TLG might have redeemed themselves from 2017 flagship, I like what I have been reading over last few pages.

1 hour ago, juGSI16V said:

On 42080, can I hope to have a pneumatic engine to turn the red blade?

Honestly I’d say probably not. Pneumatic engines are quite large, and wouldn’t fit on the grabber or the back which houses the battery box

Had a good look at the prelims, and I'll lob in my two cents:

42079 - forklift, forklift, forklift! Damn, it's been a decade! I like this - we've had a paucity of yellow sets recently, and it's actually quite nice to see one again. Phew. I like the look of the mast mechanism. The barrel looks a bit too brick-built; hopefully we'll get another HF barrel with this. Nice. :classic:

42080 - woah, I like this forest machine! A bit on the psychedelic side - check out the DBG rims that won't be in the final set! - but the overall effect is cohesive enough, and it's great to see more pneumatics since we had nothing on that front this year. Relatively rare subject as well. :sweet:

42081 - woah again! Whole buncha woah! If you were in doubt about TLG's latest 'future Technic' trend, you won't be anymore! This ultra-huge mechanical scorpion bulldozer thing looks like something out of Alien's Weyland-Yutani stable, and as a proponent of said Company - if my profile pic didn't scream it loud enough - I think it looks bloody stunning. The drone is a cherry on a very big cake! It's Volvo as well, bringing the total of their licensed sets to three and beating out Mercedes-Benz. Also, Claas tyres and Volvo bucket! :sweet:

42082 - big red crane! Pretty cool, good to see those Claas red rims on yet another set. Like the modular building parts as well, we don't get enough of that sort of thing with cranes and loaders - namely, a load! :laugh:

Now this is how you do a line-up. :thumbup:

Edited by Maaboo35

With all this new sets I wonder what could be flagship to top this?

Edited by I_Igor

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Whoops! Sorry. Did not know.

Well rule hasn't changed... :laugh:

50 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Honestly I’d say probably not. Pneumatic engines are quite large, and wouldn’t fit on the grabber or the back which houses the battery box

But motorized pneumatic pump could be used at the back of harvester