Nope. The box art is that same "too dark" image.

53 minutes ago, deehtha said:

I believe they said it's he same blue as 42070

Did they actually open the 42077 and compare pieces?

31 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think it's neither 42070 blue nor 42066 blue

:laugh:

What do you think it is?

Just now, technic_addict said:

:laugh:

What do you think it is?

knowing lego, it is probably the totally new colour "Light greyish blue", which will be used in two more technic sets, and then never heard from again

12 minutes ago, tgrbailey said:

@Jim @Sariel I presume nothing has arrived to review??

Perhaps Lego marketing have decided to skip early on-line reviews following the 42070 debacle?

44 minutes ago, tgrbailey said:

@Jim @Sariel I presume nothing has arrived to review??

I got confirmation from TLG directly that they will be sending the 1H2018 Technic sets my way, but I don't know when and they said they can't guarantee delivery before 2018.

About the color of 42077. It might be Dark Azure like 42070, but I don't have that set and cannot think of any piece that I might have in this color... this is what I could compare with, so it's definitely not Blue/Medium Blue/Medium Azure:

PANA9683-Edit_EB_ret.jpg

8 minutes ago, Sariel said:

I got confirmation from TLG directly that they will be sending the 1H2018 Technic sets my way, but I don't know when and they said they can't guarantee delivery before 2018.

Same here. I reckon we will all have the sets before the reviews are published :P

Milan will make his debute in the Technic review scene btw :wink: 

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

Is that dark azure? Certainly looks like it :sceptic: 

And Jim is loving it :laugh: 

2 hours ago, kbalage said:

About the color of 42077. It might be Dark Azure like 42070, but I don't have that set and cannot think of any piece that I might have in this color... this is what I could compare with, so it's definitely not Blue/Medium Blue/Medium Azure:

PANA9683-Edit_EB_ret.jpg

Yup, that looks dark azure.  That's too bad.  I wonder if the parts used in the video was prototype parts because they looked like medium blue.

Dark azure is a very nice colour, there just isn't as much of it as medium blue.

Just now, technic_addict said:

Yup, that looks dark azure.  That's too bad.  I wonder if the parts used in the video was prototype parts because they looked like medium blue.

It's probably personal preference, but I think this shade of blue works better with the red parts than medium blue if I compare with 42036 Street motorcycle (same blue & has red as well).

Edited by kbalage

7 minutes ago, kbalage said:

It's probably personal preference, but I think this shade of blue works better with the red parts than medium blue if I compare with 42036 Street motorcycle (same blue & has red as well).

Definitely! This blue works great with lots of colors. 

If 42077 is dark azure, this means we get our first connector in that colour... (top rear of front wheel arch shows "xoo" cross block)

13 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

If 42077 is dark azure, this means we get our first connector in that colour... (top rear of front wheel arch shows "xoo" cross block)

There's two more of them on the rear bottom as well (behind diffusor mounting). 

But as said before, there just is not enough part variation in this shade (at this moment at least) to really work with. Well, at least I can scrap medium blue/red as second colorscheme for my new MOC now...

21 hours ago, Paul Boratko said:

Someone from the United States(California) posted pics of the Mack Truck and Rally Car sets that they picked up at Toys R Us today..

That's awesome if the sets are already showing up.:thumbup:

I'm not into cars, but 42077 looks like a really satisfying and sturdy build. The roll cage and the engine cover mechanism are very cool as well. Plus it has suspension and you can see the engine! In my opinion, speaking objectively, this is better than the Porsche! It's even got better steering!

Edited by Maaboo35

Just now, Timoonn said:

As boring as the model.:hmpf_bad:

Well I couldn't make it fly in a video which is about the building and the features... that will come later ;)

50 minutes ago, Timoonn said:

As boring as the model.:hmpf_bad:

Not every set can be flagship :wink: and this  set has all needed featires for a car packed in rally car bodywork. More features won't increase playability