Could be pretty big probability, because they allready cooperate with McLaren - some small sets and that big model from bricks for Goodwood.

Just now, Jurss said:

Could be pretty big probability, because they allready cooperate with McLaren - some small sets and that big model from bricks for Goodwood.

The only problem is that I can not see if someone was playing in Adobe® Photoshop with this image or not...and this model has suspension that LEGO already made in past models so suspension issue is no problem. Bodywork lines are more suitable for LEGO panels and it has a V8 and it is orange / black and Porsche wheels would fit this model perfectly, so there are lots of things saying for this model and LEGO announced more super-cars (or as today are calling hyper-cars) when announcing Porsche

Edited by I_Igor

Or it could be a troll with Photoshop. I'm not thinking this is legit. I'd take this with a grain of salt.

*Me, liberally applying salt to the speculation.*

Not that I would be opposed to a Mclaren supercar of any kind. I think it would be really cool if Lego did some approximation of the trick Mclaren hydropneumatic suspension. But, given the Porsche, I'm not holding my breath.:hmpf_bad:

@Saberwing40k I would be happier when LEGO makes some CLAAS harvester because I need Tractor tires in other sizes than just 107, but let's see :wink: 

A time around the Nuremberg toy fair we'll know what to expect in 2H for sure...

@I_Igor can you post the twitter handle of who teeeted that, I can't find it.

while I agree about it being suitable for the Porsche parts usage is it not a bit similar??

i've got to say nice as though it would be I'm with @Saberwing40k and the photoshop theory ATM... happy to be proven otherwise.....

after searching I found that this is the "guilty" one...

https://twitter.com/morris_kurt

It could be someone's wish but it is IMHO respect-less to post LEGO and Technic LOGO on some image in public just for joy 

Edited by I_Igor

Just now, tgrbailey said:

Thanks guys.... I think it's a p*ss take I'm afraid....

Well only time will tell, but I apologize in advance if I have raised false hopes 

Just now, I_Igor said:

Well only time will tell, but I apologize in advance if I have raised false hopes 

Not your fault if it is! It's just the way the tweet is written makes it seem like they are joking!

Well, let's wait and see, as usually. Like for 2H models. As for "ultimate cars", I'd prefer anything else (V8, RWD, front-engine) just because of thousand such MOCs, especially McLarens (a bit tired of them :blush: ).

Just saw yesterday this new McLaren... well, might be the ugliest design they ever made. I am just happy if not this will be the next Technic supercar - which could be finally some off-road car: Mercedes G-class, Ford F-150, etc... 

Edited by agrof

Just now, tgrbailey said:

Not your fault if it is! It's just the way the tweet is written makes it seem like they are joking!

As time passes by it looks like more and more society networks are using for spreading false information and hiding the truth...

Just now, agrof said:

Just saw yesterday this new McLaren... well, might be the ugliest design they ever made. I am just happy if not this will be the next Technic supercar.

but lines can be made with lego panels...nice cars with elegantly shaped bodies (in reality) are very hard to be represented by LEGO

Just now, I_Igor said:

but lines can be made with lego panels...nice cars with elegantly shaped bodies (in reality) are very hard to be represented by LEGO

This is no excuse for McLaren... :tongue: And for the second part of the sentence, yes it can be done:

800x450.jpg:wink:

27 minutes ago, agrof said:

T And for the second part of the sentence, yes it can be done:

:wink:

but with holes and gaps...

when I was talking about elegant curvy lines, I meant this

5720912641_8e372f617d_b.jpg

Edited by I_Igor

Just now, I_Igor said:

but with holes and gaps...

Of course, there will be limitations with Lego Technics, and also system bricks.

Just now, Jurss said:

Of course, there will be limitations with Lego Technics, and also system bricks.

That was what I was pointing :thumbup: so  machinery is more interesting to build, but this time I have to give credit to my good friend @nicjasno who managed to make some beautiful car models

@I_Igor Now You bring as example one of the sexiest thing in car history. :classic:  That Ferrari IS an icon in industrial design, the new McLaren is still an eye-disease (though most probably very functional).

Holes and gaps will be always there in LEGO given the system limitations, and I think this is the reason for the practice: usually not car manufacturers copy LEGO car designs, but the opposite. :wink:

Edited by agrof

5 hours ago, agrof said:

Just saw yesterday this new McLaren... well, might be the ugliest design they ever made. 

I totally agree it looks ugly, to much function interference.

I have to suggest, given previous licensing, that they do a Ferrari 488. It is a twin-turbo v8, double wishbone, supercar of beauty!

2016-Ferrari-488-Spider-front-three-quar

Let's get back to the actual info. This will turn into a wishlist topic in no-time.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

Let's get back to the actual info. This will turn into a wishlist topic in no-time.

Ok, sorry Jim.

No worries. Preemptive heads-up :wink:

On 11-12-2017 at 8:09 AM, I_Igor said:

Really?!

I'm assuming it's not clickbait.

Edited by Jim
Removed image from quote