14 hours ago, Jurss said:

I think it's just a shadows.

That stinks...getting tired of the same old LBG engine blocks/cylinders.  DBG and clear we're rather cool, I know my 8435 4WD has DBG and my 8428 has clear.  I know I could probably get different colors from Bricklink...I actually have some blue pistons and also brick red pistons, also some clear cylinders.  Just wish with the all the different newer parts in a myriad of colors they would produce some different mold cylinders and pistons out of the box.  

9 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Instructions for B model this year now have realistic backgrounds for B model instead of black backgrounds.

And for some reasons I have not yet quite to figured out, the part list of 42074 is at the back of instruction of the B model... o__O There is no part list at the back of the instruction of the A model.

Sometimes I have noticed this over the years about smaller sets having parts lists in the back of the B model instructions.

7 hours ago, vectormatic said:

hmm, brickset has a back-of-box pic for 77, no features beyond engine, steering, suspension and opening doors/hoods

ah well, bring the sets on!

This car does look a lot like Racers cars from the mid-late 2000's...just with suspension, steering and an engine...definite plus, interesting color choices though...

3 hours ago, Gnac said:

My sympathies to those of you who were looking forward to some new Medium Blue parts.

Do you have something official stating it isn't?  I am still very confident it is medium blue which is very apparent under normal lighting.

4 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Do you have something official stating it isn't?  I am still very confident it is medium blue which is very apparent under normal lighting.

I don't know, it sort of looks like it could be medium azure.

11 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Oh, from that point of view lego is right on the mark with this set, it looks quite spectacular, i just think compared to 42000 and 42039 it is a bit mediocre, but lets not go there again :grin:

Agree it is better than 42000 and 42039, perhaps I'm to excited about black frames to make proper chassis for my small scale Unimog :wink:

5 hours ago, technic_addict said:

1 hour ago, DarkShadow73 said:

I don't know, it sort of looks like it could be medium azure.

42066 is Medium Blue :

42066-1.jpg?201611300919

42059 is Medium Azure :

42059-1.jpg?201611101158

42070 and 42074 are Dark Azure :

42070-1.jpg?20170703012642074-1.jpg?201710270718

Now here's 42077 :

42077-1.jpg?201712040938

On official pictures lighting can be deceitful, but 42077 really seems to be dark azure.

As for me I still can't decide, since I saw both photos with different light - and it was an obvious Medium Blue and Medium (up to Dark even) Azure... I think that we just have to wait for some official review, because we're about to argue :look:

9 hours ago, kbalage said:

Not sure if I saw this one posted in high-res from the back side of the 42077 box, it's a cool view of the V6 in the back:

High res image

On this image you can see lbg frame just below steering system at the front axle. Perhaps it is 11 x 5 frame like at the front of 42075 set?

On 12/5/2017 at 8:51 AM, JonathanM said:

This shows it's an 11x5:

(All the images are there - just change the suffix in the URL)

Thanks that is more logical - black 5 x 7 frames and light bluish gray 11 x 5 "H" frames :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

10 hours ago, technic_addict said:

4 hours ago, LvdH said:

Look at axle pins and 3L pins, those are blue

Funnily enough, that's exactly how I determined it to be Dark Azur, because the contrast between the blue pegs and the surrounding panels is exactly the same as in 42070 and 42074 - they're almost the same saturation. Comparing further with 42066 where the standard blue "pops out" more only confirms it. Some folks seem to have got their hopes up from those images a few pages back (which are now mysteriously gone). S@H's 42077 page is using all the other images we've been getting, and I'll eat my face if those turn out to be misleading too.

Just now, Gnac said:

I'll eat my face

How is that possible? Don't you need your cheeks (the ones on the face, not the other ones) to prevent what you're chewing from falling off from your mouth? *huh*

Just now, AVCampos said:

How is that possible?

I have a jelly mould in my own craven image!

2 hours ago, Gnac said:

Funnily enough, that's exactly how I determined it to be Dark Azur, because the contrast between the blue pegs and the surrounding panels is exactly the same as in 42070 and 42074 - they're almost the same saturation. Comparing further with 42066 where the standard blue "pops out" more only confirms it. Some folks seem to have got their hopes up from those images a few pages back (which are now mysteriously gone). S@H's 42077 page is using all the other images we've been getting, and I'll eat my face if those turn out to be misleading too.

The pictures which have been removed were medium blue for sure.  This is why I believe the images above make the 42077 "look" like dark azure when in fact it is the photo editing they have done.  Look how dark the red's are in the 42077 compared to 42070.

dark-azure%20vs%20med%20blue.jpg

Just now, technic_addict said:

Look how dark the red's are

They looked almost like New Dark Red in those "video" screencaps that got people speculating about Medium Blue. Again, if these official images have been manipulated to make it look like a colour you won't be actually be getting, then it's seriously misleading, and I don't believe they would do that. Pics of the B model clearly show standard Bright Blue used on the seats with slightly lighter 4x2 beams securing them at the back. Those 4x2 beams are also visible on the seats in the very image you posted.

I wanted more Medium Blue parts as much as anybody else, but we're just not getting them from this particular model.

Just now, Gnac said:

They looked almost like New Dark Red in those "video" screencaps that got people speculating about Medium Blue. Again, if these official images have been manipulated to make it look like a colour you won't be actually be getting, then it's seriously misleading, and I don't believe they would do that. Pics of the B model clearly show standard Bright Blue used on the seats with slightly lighter 4x2 beams securing them at the back. Those 4x2 beams are also visible on the seats in the very image you posted.

I wanted more Medium Blue parts as much as anybody else, but we're just not getting them from this particular model.

I disagree.  Even the red pin with bush is just as dark as the other reds.

I looked at several official box art images of dark azure and medium blue sets and until someone has it in hand there is no way to know for sure.  For example when I look at box art for 42037 the medium blue "looks" like dark azure.

I personally was convinced it was medium blue when they released some images in more natural light but those images seem to be gone now.

Pics are showing a piece of 42037 which we know for sure is medium blue inside different sets.

formula.jpg

rally.jpg

jet.jpg

Last night I tried to reverse engineer 42075. After a while one liftarm fell into the other, and I'm quite happy with the result.

4207501.jpeg

Nothing new, but the chassis is too wide. A solid set, good parts, imho.

I think I found a part in a new color. I suppose we'll get 4 pieces of the T-Beam 3x3 in red.

Did anyone notice that the little vehicle in 42076 has a soft shock? And possibly the b model has it too.

I really like 42076 very much.

13 minutes ago, aminnich said:

All this concern over if the panels are the same color...  just release the MACK truck already!! 

Hear hear, pointless to speculate and argue about colors, we'll all find out once the sets are out.

Which feels like a million years away :laugh:

1 minute ago, degenerate said:

Hear hear, pointless to speculate and argue about colors, we'll all find out once the sets are out.

Which feels like a million years away :laugh:

No one is arguing, and what is the point of a forum if we don't discuss what is of interest to some people?  If you don't care about the colour, you can ignore those post as others ignore other posts of little interest.

I might try to reverse-engineer 42077, but I don't have the wheels, nor the Porsche fender, but I'll do what I can!

i dont think the porsche fender is critical anyway, you can probably come up with a better looking design, i know ill try when i get my hands on the set.

colour wise, i just think lego is being stupid with all the different shades of blue, but ill probably switch mine to bright green/red/white, for that castrol/alitalia/octan livery, since gulf doesnt belong on rally cars :)

13 hours ago, vectormatic said:

i dont think the porsche fender is critical anyway, you can probably come up with a better looking design, i know ill try when i get my hands on the set.

colour wise, i just think lego is being stupid with all the different shades of blue, but ill probably switch mine to bright green/red/white, for that castrol/alitalia/octan livery, since gulf doesnt belong on rally cars :)

something like this

663362af404845b6d3ae4c43b8d6a0fb--s-cars

Wow, the lack has great steering lock, at 0:30!

I take back my earlier complaints, Mack Anthem first when I get this set.