Just now, Gnac said:

Here is an excessively large image showing a standard DBG diff (and a black 5x7 frame!)

Also, that shock absorber appears to be a standard yellow one.

Thanks, that is very good news just before manic monday :laugh:

Hmm, I hadn't seen the helicopter on the 42076 B model before. That set is looking more and more interesting. Quite a playable one, similar to container yard from 2017 in some ways.

Interesting that 42084 contains the 1L beam 18654 in white as well as 32039 in DBG, unused since 2006, plus the smooth 3L axle connector as in the Porsche in LBG (like carousel and the new dozer 42071) while 42071 contains a DBG #2 connector (previously expensive) and the 1x2 beam with axle hole in white (new in 2017) as well as the DBG 11x5 panel ofcourse. Some nice recolors this year.

Edited by JonathanM

I'm not so sure. It might be done to give AFOLs one of their desired recolors in not one, but (at least) two different sets. Once they have the black 5x7 frame anyway, why not use it in more places to please that part of the market? :) I'm happy, at least, to see it being used in multiple places.

Just now, LvdH said:

So black is going to be the new colour code for 5x7 frames? As if we had any difficulty telling them apart from 11x5 frames. :wacko: I welcome them in black of course if they're exposed, but there is seems like it is used for colour coding. 

I hope that it's a just another color... However I'm happy to see some recoloring for previously only LBG frames - now we can use them not only as part of a rigid frame, but in a hull exterior.

On 11/17/2017 at 2:16 AM, degenerate said:

We usually get the H1 sets about a week before Christmas here, it's definitely the time of year when we sell the most lego (and toys in general).

But seeing people already picking up sets now in mid November seems very early indeed.

They have been in TRU's now since few days prior to Thanksgiving(week of Nov 20). Largest set so far is the Racing Yacht. Got the compactor/dozer. Nicely working set for such a decent price. Not really interested in WHACK! and BASH!, or whatever the pull-backs are called this year. Container Truck was a bit smaller than I had thought. I see there is a lot more new added since couple weeks ago, have some catching up to do.  

12 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Sets like 8279 and 8457 were Technic sets in the early 2000s; they were motorized vehicles that would have belonged better in Racers, but the theme hadn't been invented yet. Blakbird himself says that 8279 was practically a Racers set. Same with the Speed Slammers and some other sets. Also, some of the Racers sets around that time used Technic parts and functions. 2002 is notable, here; there were no new Technic sets but lots of Racers sets with Technic parts. In fact, the first fully studless sets were in the Racers line.

Racers came to an end in 2012, and in 2013 the pullbacks came out, probably due to some math in the financial department in Billund. I'm just guessing there, though.

One Racers set I always liked that was almost purely Technic pieces was #8649 Nitro Menace from 2005. Could kick myself for not getting #8653 from that same year.  $99 MSRP at TRU, I still recall seeing it.  Now its selling for like 10-15x that or more. I was just getting back into Lego in early 2005, and $99 seemed like a lot to spend on a kit, little did I know how expensive they woudl get. I even haggled for months about getting the #8421 Mobile Crane at $149 that summer..didn't end up buying my 1st one until summer 2006, right before the 8285 Tow Truck was released.  

6 hours ago, Gnac said:

A 2-cyl engine on a medium size model??  Almost looks silly.  Come on Lego, at least 4 cylinders would have been nice, if in a boxer style.  It will go nice with 42068 from last summer tho.

22 minutes ago, Jurss said:

https://i.allo.ua/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/2000x2000/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/4/2/42075_web_sec02.jpg

I think, ther's shurely differential

You can see it clearly on the box

In
42078 B

Is there an actual diff on the Mack?  It certainly does look like an Anthem and the B model garbage truck looks awesome. How about a real engine?  What I'm seeing on the box reminds of the B model of 9393 Tractor back in 2012. I seriously would hope that there is a more than half bushes being tapped by a camshaft made up of thin 1x2 liftarms like in the 9393.  Please do correct me if I'm wrong here...thanks.

Not exactly on topic, but I wonder why the 42061 Telehandler had such a short life span?  Less than a year here in the US.  I see it is Out of Stock and call to check availability on the US S@H website, even Amazon doesn't seem to carry it anymore either.  That's odd.  Another oddity is the lifetime of the 42042 Crawler Crane from summer 2015 being so short, yet Lego still sells the 42043 Arocs truck.  

On 11/28/2017 at 6:02 AM, LvdH said:

I remember as a kid I loved getting new parts. Biggest example for me was the 8297. More specifically, the suspension parts. Those parts might have been a few years old, but it was one of my favourite things about a new set; finding pieces I didn't have yet and finding out what they were for. My MOCing skills were horrid ( and to be honest they still are :laugh:), so I never found a way to use them for my own builds, but for sets I found it a lot of fun to use those new pieces and as I said finding out what they did.

Agreed there. New pieces are still a cool thing for me, a Lego nut in his mid-40's.  So many have been released in the past few years, and some in different colors.  Kind of agree with you on the 8297.  New style diff, suspension I'd never seen before, a model almost totally in my fav color, DBG...

On 11/23/2017 at 12:57 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@Aventador2004

Still the same technique that attaches one end ot the spring to the wish bone and another end to a fixed point :/

38475588962_18c1d576eb_o.png

Is it just shadows playing, or are those engine cylinders DBG?  Haven't seen clear or DBG cylinders since 2004's 8435 4WD.  

9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

There we have it @I_Igor, it is a hard yellow spring. I wish it was red, but it is fine anyway.

That is also acceptable. Black frames are my desire for about 5 years

Instructions for B model this year now have realistic backgrounds for B model instead of black backgrounds.

And for some reasons I have not yet quite to figured out, the part list of 42074 is at the back of instruction of the B model... o__O There is no part list at the back of the instruction of the A model.

On another note, here are some excessively large pics:

42076 B

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/42076_alt7?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000

This pic shows that this set has yellow 5L axles and LBG 7L axles. So the axles that control the mini LA of the ramp in the 42076 A are either 5L ones which doesnt make sense at all or yellow 9L ones.

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/42077_alt4?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000

^ That one shows the mysterious K.ORNSTEDT on the roof

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

42076 B reminds me of 1997's Tread Trekker with that detachable plane. Overall, I'd still say this is a good set, though probably not what I'm into. The yellow axles do bring the A-model ramp debate up again. :look:

Edited by Maaboo35

good to see 75 has a proper diff, the flip up "light" in the bed is a bit meh though, but as a play feature it is a good addition

now im curious to see what 77 has in store feature wise

Not too sure about the other languages, but the Italian translations are pathetic. Did some numbskull at TLG think machine translation would be a good idea? Broadly speaking, has their cost-cutting got to the point where they can't afford - or can't be arsed to pay - a few qualified translators to save them from looking even more ridiculous?

Edited by suffocation

hmm, brickset has a back-of-box pic for 77, no features beyond engine, steering, suspension and opening doors/hoods

ah well, bring the sets on!

Here's the back of 42076 box.

http://cache.lego.com/r/dynamic/is/image/LEGO/42076_alt2?op_sharpen=0&resmode=sharp4&wid=4000

I've spotted another anomaly. The 42076 A has a black 20z gear for stearing, but the steering knob for 42076 B is two tan 20z 1/2 gear. So that means the black 20z gear is used somewhere in the model. But I cant see which function of it would need that gear...

2 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

hmm, brickset has a back-of-box pic for 77, no features beyond engine, steering, suspension and opening doors/hoods

ah well, bring the sets on!

That is all about playability, simple mechanic that work. It has nice details inclooded like roll-cage and 4 front fog lights which is IMHO real eyecatcher

17 hours ago, LvdH said:

So black is going to be the new colour code for 5x7 frames? I welcome them in black of course if they're exposed, but there is seems like it is used for colour coding. 

It looks like Mack has some 9-10? in light bluish gray - so as you say they are not exposed :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

That is all about playability, simple mechanic that work. It has nice details inclooded like roll-cage and 4 front fog lights which is IMHO real eyecatcher

Oh, from that point of view lego is right on the mark with this set, it looks quite spectacular, i just think compared to 42000 and 42039 it is a bit mediocre, but lets not go there again :grin:

Its listed not on S@H at 99 euros for me, ill probably pick it up when i can find a (small, think 10 bucks) discount to give me some starting budget for bricklinking parts for modding, same probably applies to 42075

My sympathies to those of you who were looking forward to some new Medium Blue parts.