Thank You @Rudivdk

I think I don't have any of those "normal". maybe they were in some older sets. Also that grey color looks different.

Has anyone noticed that the Hook Loader has one of these in DBG at the base of the hook arm? Hasn't been one since 2005! Guess that means some other sets, not necessarily Technic, might be using them as well.

Edit: Just looked on the Mack, it has several more. :wacko:

Edited by Maaboo35

12 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Just looked on the Mack, it has several more. :wacko:

Yes, I noticed that when the first pictures were shown.

Yes there is big incline to DBG generally, what was bulid in LBG in past (main frame) is now mostly DBG. I'm surprised that the frame 5x7 is first in black, I expected DBG first. There was #2 connector re-introduced this year (also last in 2005), I guess we will see some other DBG parts on Mack - either completly new or re-introduction. What comes in mind first is 2L pin joiner with slot:

62462.png

This part is not yet available in DBG, only the older variant without slot.

Changing the subject, we can come back to the joiner thing later.

Does anyone else think the MLA-powered ramp on 42076 is utterly stupid? To lower/raise it properly, you have to turn both knobs at the same time. Turn one too fast and it won't lower properly. I mean, come on! Most unwieldy mechanism ever. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Maaboo35

29 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Does anyone else think the MLA-powered ramp on 42076 is utterly stupid? To lower/raise it properly, you have to turn both knobs at the same time. Turn one too fast and it won't lower properly. I mean, come on! Most unwieldy mechanism ever. :hmpf_bad:

Nah, theres most likely an axle beneath that connects the 2 mla ;)

29 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

I'm just speculating, but what if the 2 knobs are connected under the deck?

Exactly. Until proven true, don't assume that what you don't see doesn't exist. I would say, of course the two knobs are connected (I can hardly imagine otherwise). How else does the mechanism even work? :classic:

Nope. Even if they were connected belowdecks, you'd have to account for the direct input to each actuator. It definitely looks like everything is on top.

Edit: I've rechecked the picture; the input axles do go below decks, through the hole in the deck panel. Everything makes a bit more sense now, though I'm still not entirely convinced until I see instructions. If it's like Erik says, I actually think this is a neat little set. It's more technical than the Ocean Explorer, and it's got some nice details. Plus that little Research Explorer Vehicle (mini 42070-B?) is the right mix of cute and cool. :classic:

Edited by Maaboo35
New observations

If they werent connected, they wouldnt had been built with yellow 7l axle but instead with a 5l with a end stop. More things going on below decks than meet the eye, i.e the 2 rotors at rear are probably connected to a wheel (or 2) so they gonna rotate when moving the craft.

Edited by GoldVillage

Just now, Erik Leppen said:

What do you mean? If they're connected, then the direct input to actuator 1 will also turn actuator 2.

I think it's supposed to be like the steering on the Arocs - two knobs, but only one need be turned to make the mechanism work.

I think so too, the two LAs will be connected below the surfac, because the yellow axle must be at least 7L.

But I'm a bit disapointed, that the red Air Intakes have no function. They are blocked by the small L shaped liftarm ... but still a great model. At the moment I'm really happy with the 2018 sets, much butter than first half of anniversary 2017.

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I think it's supposed to be like the steering on the Arocs - two knobs, but only one need be turned to make the mechanism work.

Yes, that is most reasonable: like in Mack garbage truck :wink:

7 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I honestly think that’s a non-issue. Unless you’re like 5 it won’t be hard to get the hang of it.

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I honestly think that’s a non-issue. Unless you’re like 5 it won’t be hard to get the hang of it.

This remain a non-sens in term of technical design

Edited by Timoonn

I guess I'm a bit late to the party, but I quite like the rally car!  The Mack on the other hand, I don't like at all.  Far too many system bricks mixed with the studless parts.  I've never been a fan of this, and It looks terrible.   I'll be passing on the Mack, but if the price of the rally car is right, it's a must buy.

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I have since amended my opinion, if you can afford a few seconds to check the comments above.

31 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

How so?

Do I really need to explain that?*huh*

Do you see the main arm adjustement of the 42055 actuated with two separate knobs, one for each LA? Just an exemple.

One function, one command, better:thumbup:

Edited by Timoonn

Just now, Seasider said:

Do we have a B model for 42076 hovercraft yet?

I forget where the pics are; but yes. It's another boat with another small truck, this time with a crane arm.