1 hour ago, JunkstyleGio said:

The Ford RS200 had a mid engine and opening-rear like the 42077

Not really - its side quarters (the piece between doors and rear wheels) are stationary, unlike 42077 has.

It's the same idea And the side quaters even open at the 42077. So there is an extra bonus here.

Edited by JunkstyleGio

8 minutes ago, BrickWild said:

42077's light blue parts would make building the Porcshe 911 GT3 RS in a different color now possible.

Not quite.  Still missing the smallest panel and only one flex axle.  Likely other pieces as well.  It is an excellent jump forward to create a MOC with the medium blue.

5 hours ago, JunkstyleGio said:

It's the same idea And the side quaters even open at the 42077. So there is an extra bonus here.

Good point Gio :thumbup:

I don't get the numbering order of next years set, all follow on from 2017. 42084 is thrown at us, a small model, is this to tell us technics is still here in 2019? Can anybody shed any light on this oddball.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

I know Lox can definitely do something with Medium Blue now. We have almost a full panel collection, almost all liftarms (even 1x2 I think looking at the seats) . Since Lox covers up the soft axles with liftarms, they become less of a problem for him :laugh: 

Yep, I have no doubt @Lox Lego can do a supercar in medium blue now.  I actually have been looking at some specs and seeing which Lego pieces would be perfect. I hope to convince him about that specific car when I see him.

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

Yep, I have no doubt @Lox Lego can do a supercar in medium blue now.  I actually have been looking at some specs and seeing which Lego pieces would be perfect. I hope to convince him about that specific car when I see him.

@technic_addict & @LvdH, thanks for keeping me in mind! I was checking med. blue availability, its getting decent! It missing the  Panel Fairing #21 Very Small Smooth, Side B & the 3x11 flat panel in medium blue, but I could totally work around that issue!

I might need to borrow some blue parts to get me started Technic_addict :wub::wink:

1 minute ago, Lox Lego said:

@technic_addict & @LvdH, thanks for keeping me in mind! I was checking med. blue availability, its getting decent! It missing the  Panel Fairing #21 Very Small Smooth, Side B & the 3x11 flat panel in medium blue, but I could totally work around that issue!

I might need to borrow some blue parts to get me started Technic_addict :wub::wink:

As lvdh pointed out, the 3x11 will be available.  We need to wait until the new year when we can order parts in larger quantities but I have started stocking up.

Discuss more next week when we meet up at BP.

I see that S@H USA has got 42071, 42072, 42073, 42074 and 42084 in stock and ready to order - guess it makes a change for you guys to be first :classic:

No sign of 42075-8 though :thumbdown: hoping they'll make an appearance for week before Christmas delivery like the H1 sets did last year in the U.K. - really looking forward to building the car and truck (and an excuse to be in the roof out the way :laugh:)

When will we see the first 42056 Porsche GT3 RS in Gulf livery? Sadly, it looks to me that the new rally car only comes with one wheel arch piece. I also would have prefered it if this years 42070 came in medium blue as well.

Edited by zoo

Unfortunatrly yes :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

Just now, I_Igor said:

There are only two wheel arch pieces :wink:

I've only been able to find one on the wing in the pictures I've seen. Where is the second one?

Just now, zoo said:

I've only been able to find one on the wing in the pictures I've seen. Where is the second one?

I have seen older image where one is at the rear over "difusor", now there is 3 x 11 panel :sad:

Just now, I_Igor said:

I have seen older image where one is at the rear over "difusor", now there is 3 x 11 panel :sad:

Oh, LEGO! But why?! :(

I might have bought three of 42077 if I got two pieces in each but buying six copies is a little too much (yes, I know I can order individual pieces). :)

17 minutes ago, zoo said:

Oh, LEGO! But why?! :(

I might have bought three of 42077 if I got two pieces in each but buying six copies is a little too much (yes, I know I can order individual pieces). :)

I agree completely. My personal reason for this set is that it has black frames 5 x 7...but afrer all it is nice set - something new, despite the fact that uses known techniques but they are IMHO integrated in nice package

Pricing will depend if they're available widely from lego parts maybe? That's still the cheapest way to buy a lot of the orange parts from the porsche.

Got the boat at TRU today, it’s cool! Orange pins with stops and the red pins too. Unfortunately they are the ones that don’t snap in all the way. Book 1 is for the A model and book 2 is for the B model. Overall a nice set!

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Book 1 is for the A model and book 2 is for the B model. Overall a nice set!

There is our answer then...

2 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Got the boat at TRU today, it’s cool! Orange pins with stops and the red pins too. Unfortunately they are the ones that don’t snap in all the way. Book 1 is for the A model and book 2 is for the B model. Overall a nice set!

Can you share image of new / new colored parts in topic general parts discussion? That is proposal to all of you ladies and gets. We will follow as usual Pavel's reviews mainly because he gives realistic opinion about sets and this way we have sooner view on new parts

Don't know if anyone emntioned, but the rally car seems to have a gearbox, you can easily see the switch lever between seats here:

42077-1.jpg?201711210852

So it's almost like a tiny supercar, it has suspension, drive, gearbox and a fake engine - all criterias are fullfilled.

2 minutes ago, Zero (Zblj) said:

Don't know if anyone emntioned, but the rally car seems to have a gearbox, you can easily see the switch lever between seats here:

42077-1.jpg?201711210852

So it's almost like a tiny supercar, it has suspension, drive, gearbox and a fake engine - all criterias are fullfilled.

Lol, there is none, you refer to a red axle as a shifter? That is the rollcage rex axle that(from this angle photo) looks like it passes between the seats.

Just now, Zero (Zblj) said:

It does indeed tick many chekboxes of the Supercar list. I like the idea of a smaller 'almost supercar' after 42000 and 42039 which I wasn't excited about first but ended up liking a lot. 

I think I like this one right from the start