4 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

ToysRus.

Sad, their prices are horrible compared to anyone else. They are going out of business for that reason.

The lineup for 2018H1 looks much better than the 40th celebration year 2017. At least to me.

Do we know the name of the designers? The Mack Truck says MR42078MK, does that mean it could be a co-production between Markus and Milan? And the Rally Car has KRN on his stickers. Kossmann, Reindl, ???.

While I'm not a System Brick guy, can someone tell me if the circled parts are new?

42078.jpeg

Edited by MegaRoi
Picture path edited

Just now, MegaRoi said:

And the Rally Car has KRN on his stickers. Kossmann, Reindl, ???

I'd bet more towards Uwe Wabra, as it has "UW" on the front as its "brand badge".

47 minutes ago, MegaRoi said:

While I'm not a System Brick guy, can someone tell me if the circled parts are new?

Yes, I think both are parts introduced this year, maybe last year. I don't know if they already exist in dark gray in sets.

They are

8 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Sad, their prices are horrible compared to anyone else. They are going out of business for that reason.

Not in my neck of the woods. Smyth's has wrenched the price of 42070 back up to £169.99, while TRU still has it for £149.99.

7 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Not in my neck of the woods. Smyth's has wrenched the price of 42070 back up to £169.99, while TRU still has it for £149.99.

Here, you can get a Arocs for $180 on Amazon. They have it at $260! The 42070 is $289 there also.

2 hours ago, MegaRoi said:

And the Rally Car has KRN on his stickers. Kossmann, Reindl, ???.

There are two phrases on the roof of the rally car. One is "U.WABRA", one is "KORNSTEDT". So "KRN" is most likely the abbreviation of the latter phrase. What it means I have no idea. I dont recall any desginer with that name. Or maybe it's the name of a new Technic designer.

33 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

They have an all. Toys r us £149 for 42070 - I'm still on the fence with that model - not sure if its even a good set to get for just parting out. Extreme Adventure at £99 is a steal. 

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There are two phrases on the roof of the rally car. One is "U.WABRA", one is "KORNSTEDT". So "KRN" is most likely the abbreviation of the latter phrase. What it means I have no idea. I dont recall any desginer with that name. Or maybe it's the name of a new Technic designer.

Thanks for that. After digging a bit deeper in this topic I found the stickers, but I still can't decrypt them. 

42077 looks a bit like a Wabra design. To me, Kossmann has more outside-the-box ideas and Milans design has a better "whoosh" factor, while Uwe is more konservative. Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, MegaRoi said:

42077 looks a bit like a Wabra design

It's not just a bit like, it's a lot like:

- Wheel arch similar to that of 42039
- Panel behind door similar to that of 42056
- Roof reinforcement and curve technique similar to that of 8070 an 42056.
- Suspension, hasn't changed a bit

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

- Suspension, hasn't changed a bit

No, it is different. Look again comparing.

It is openable. This way is easier to make service on powerplant components...

3 minutes ago, aminnich said:

I normally do not buy H1 sets... when are they normally officially put for sale? In time for Christmas? Or after? 

Depends on country, perhaps you could make yourself a nice Christmass presrent. Usually Holland, Germany... have them just before Christmass and here in Croatia I could expect them next year :sad:

14 minutes ago, HamnavoePer said:

Do we know how many features the Mack is going to have?

Becuase i really want a semi from lego

First of all wellcome to Eurobricks...about Mack features, hm

- steering 

- hood opening

- door opening

- 6 cylinder engine

- rear wheel drive

- 5th wheel

- loading / unloading container

- semitrailer stabolizers

This is what I have noticed so far if it is usefull to you

54 minutes ago, aminnich said:

I normally do not buy H1 sets... when are they normally officially put for sale? In time for Christmas? Or after? 

Some of the 1st half sets are available in the US now at Toys R Us. I think they are available from Shop at Home tomorrow.

Edited by Meatman

Just now, I_Igor said:

First of all wellcome to Eurobricks...about Mack features, hm

- steering 

- hood opening

- door opening

- 6 cylinder engine

- rear wheel drive

- 5th wheel

- loading / unloading container

- semitrailer stabolizers

This is what I have noticed so far if it is usefull to you

Thank you :) 

22 hours ago, LvdH said:

Is it me or is part of the side panel opening with the rear? That's an interesting function. 

This was mentioned earlier in this thread. Does anyone know if this is a realistic function, or just something that was added to make the opening rear less boring?

@HamnavoePer

No problem at all :wink:

10 minutes ago, Meatman said:

This was mentioned earlier in this thread. Does anyone know if this is a realistic function, or just something that was added to make the opening rear less boring?

Some rally cars had duch openings to make easier access to oil coolers or radiators...it could have positive affect on maintenence