2 hours ago, Jim said:

That's indeed totally different than the one I posted?! :look:

It's new-ish for Technic (in Red, been used in the 42070 6x6 and the Ultralight Helicopter) and it has been used in one set in Ninjago in 2012. 

Nevermind, my post was reaction on Silvavasil's post, but I was too slow in finding image of that part.

Yes, from those new pics of rallye car it looks like those panels are medium blue more likely, then dark azure. I can't tell, if it's good or bad, it mostly depends on every AFOL's collection. For me it's better, because I don't have 42070 and don't plan to buy it(maybe only if price will drop significantly unde 200€).

Whatever the shade, I just wish TLG picked one, stuck with it, and expanded the list of elements in that shade. This year's "Fifty Shades of Blue" was disastrous for MOCs.

49 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I think I agree, but I probably would get the Mack for the b model.

B model is IMHO more interesting than Anthem...btw very unusual to have sleeper cab for cargo transport... about Rally car can someone please confirm that  it has black frame 5 x 7?

Thanks

42 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

l_lego-42078-technic-mac-truck-11.png

Ok, seeing this all the arguments like: "Afols forget, that LEGO's target audience are children" are not viable any more. These pictures put a clear statement in the face: LEGO wants to open OUR wallet, and we represent significant share in the sales. :classic: Not like that the raising number of expensive (and I mean really expensive!) sets wouldn't have indicate this.

Edited by agrof

Just now, agrof said:

Ok, seeing this all the arguments like: "Afols forget, that LEGO's target audience are children" are not viable any more. These pictures put a clear statement in the face: LEGO wants to open OUR wallet, and we represent significant share in the sales. :classic: Not like that the raising number of expensive (and I mean really expensive!) sets wouldn't have indicate this.

You have a point :thumbup:

33 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

B model is IMHO more interesting than Anthem...

Definitely. If I decide to get it, b model first.

Black beam frame confirmed in 42077! I found a side view of the B-moel and it is vertical right behind the front wheel! There is at least one, maybe two.

Just now, TechnicRCRacer said:

Black beam frame confirmed in 42077! I found a side view of the B-moel and it is vertical right behind the front wheel! There is at least one, maybe two.

I think there are 2; one at the front suspension and one housing differential at the rear :moar:

Does anyone have access to videos these screenshots were taken from? :)

I would love to see them, especially Anthem one...

Edited by lukaszpicur

The rally car might be my first Technic set purchase in a long time- I just love the look of that thing. From that shot of it in the video I'm actually getting a bit of an RS vibe from it.

56 minutes ago, LvdH said:

At least 3, maybe 4 if they do them in black for the differential housing. I did also see a 9x5 frame in LBG though, so it could be just lbg.

look at that side picture of the B model; you can see them as part of the frame just to the right of the front wheel. 

I would like to see bigger image of it, so can you please post a link? Images seen so far here are relatively small...

I have counted 6 new parts in medium blue with this car!  Along the plane released with a lot of new medium blue, it is only a matter of time we start seeing some MOC's using this colour more often.  Hopefully they release the smallest panel which is still non existent and some more flex axles.

These wheel arches...

Kill me now.

1 hour ago, chezzymann said:

Rally car looks great, might be my first large technic set since 8289 (I was a kid back then)

A lot of people seems to share your desires, to buy this car as a first Technic set since a long time. To dive or to re-dive into this theme.

And I barely understand why, because technicaly speaking, this car is pretty poor, a 40€ set can do the same (steering, shocks, engine). About design its ok but not stellar (especially without stickaz), tire gaps are ridiculous. And finally it seems to be way overpriced for what it has to offer.

Maybe your requirements are low, but for me this THE Not To By set of H1 wave (with the 42075), especially with a non-standard blue color *huh*.

Maybe at -80%, ill consider purshasing it:laugh:

There are so many better sets on shelf to dive into the Technic line.

Edited by Timoonn

3 hours ago, Timoonn said:

A lot of people seems to share your desires, to buy this car as a first Technic set since a long time. To dive or to re-dive into this theme.

And I barely understand why, because technicaly speaking, this car is pretty poor, a 40€ set can do the same (steering, shocks, engine). About design its ok but not stellar (especially without stickaz), tire gaps are ridiculous. And finally it seems to be way overpriced for what it has to offer.

Maybe your requirements are low, but for me this THE Not To By set of H1 wave (with the 42075), especially with a non-standard blue color *huh*.

Maybe at -80%, ill consider purshasing it:laugh:

There are so many better sets on shelf to dive into the Technic line.

I just want a decent sized techinc car (at least 20 modules wide) that looks cool. Would get the porsche but its really expensive. Was eyeing the 24 hours racer but the cheapest I can find it for is $130. If this is $100 that'll be a bit easier to swallow. If you have any other recommendations that arent super expensive that'll be cool. 

Edited by chezzymann

Rally car is cool (should have been normal blue, but whatever) It has Group B feel to it, combined with PikePeaks madmonster. All cool. I would wish for different tire treads and higher seats inside, but that is nitpicking. 

B-model is total cutie! It is brilliant.

Mack is .... I do not know yet. I do not like its colour. But I might buy it. I like what it is. B-Model looks super cool too.

All in all. Great H1.

Overall I'm happy with the Mack, considering its only a first half set. It's not mechanically authentic (note the LAs and engine), but again, this is a first half set made to a smaller scale and smaller price so it's understandable, and it looks gorgeous with a near perfect choice of colours. Would I have preferred a model of something smaller than a Mack 18 wheeler made to a larger scale so that it could be made machanically more realistic? Yes, but given the subject matter, I think the designer did a fantastic job of realising a massive American style 18 wheeler at this price point. It really does look very good! I'm also very happy to see they are releasing the 5x7 frames in a colour other than lbg. Big thumbs up for that one! Hopefully those frames will now be made in the same colour as whatever chassis or structure they are part of, they are so big there's no reason to colour code them. It's not like they are hard to find, so well done TLG for the Mack and for recoloured 5x7 frames. The rest isn't for me but it's not supposed to be. First half is squarely for kids, though there are some gems, like the BMW motorbike. I'll be getting the Mack for sure to tide me over before news of the second half! For now it's nice to see with the Mack a continuation of a trend towards sets with a more universal appeal as opposed to whatever that detour was the latter half of 2017! 

Wow I'm impressed with the Rally car B model. I might have to get two mack trucks and two rally cars - as they both have really impressive B models. 

*sees Mack B-model*

*brick-head explodes*

Still, I do would keep the A-model, if only for the lorry head. Rest of the models are an even bigger positive surprise.