3 hours ago, Jim said:

The color blue is difficult to distinguish because the picture (the red) looks a bit darker than the actual model will be. And the picture of the boat doesn't feel entirely natural either. I do think Eric is right and it's not dark azure. Of course, I hope I'm wrong hehe.
Edit: I am not conviced about the shade of blue. I think the editing of the picture might cloud our judgement. I looks more vibrant than the jet plane.

I do really love the rally car. Great looking car, color scheme is fantastic and that roll cage looks awesome. 

42077-1.jpg

The color of the car rally is exactly the same as in a 6-wheeled truck - it's 100%
And in a yacht, maybe as dark azure

Just now, Silvavasil said:

The color of the car rally is exactly the same as in a 6-wheeled truck - it's 100%

I hope you are right. It's no secret I love Dark Azure :sweet:

1 hour ago, Jim said:

I hope you are right. It's no secret I love Dark Azure :sweet:

I also like Dark Azure! 

But even more I hope for the expansion of the purple assortment of parts in the second half of 2018 :wub:

Edited by Silvavasil

I think the Mack Truck , in fact most of the H1 Technic sets really should have been part of the 40th Anniversary line up. The Mack truck does seem to have a lot of system bricks /panels which hides a lot of the beams etc, so purists might not like them as much, but to me its a perfect combination of creator and Technic.

I can't wait to just get my hands on the Hovercraft, Yacht, Mack Truck and I maybe even buy the Rally Car, the other sets not too fussed myself, but excellent sets for the younger pocket money Technic builder.  

Been away from Lego for a bit and come back to find the pics out.

really like the Mack truck, I don’t mind the mix of bricks and technic we often have that for lights anyway.

also I quite like the rally car / buggy, although the buggy looks a little open in places when viewed from above.

the big question is are we getting a follow up to the “ucs” Porsche next year ... and do I finally get round to buying a UCS falcon ... both of these could put the purchase of the Truck and Rally car on hold ... or at least holding out for sale or deals

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

8815-1.jpg

:wink:

derp, and most motorcycles too! (well, 42036 A and B model, and 8051 anyway)

and to think i have at least 3 single cylinder karts/small cars

either way, i meant i dont know of any i4, v6 or even i3 transverse engines in technic cars, like you would see in real life cars, its all longitudinal and mostly rwd to make for an easy centered diff, and simple suspension/drive axles

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

It is a double pin connector yes.

Look carefully at photos from other angles

This is TECHNIC, PIN WITH FRICTION RIDGES LENGTHWISE AND PIN HOLE
№15100

Just now, Silvavasil said:

№15100

I think that's what he meant :sweet:

160612_2D_001.jpg

That's indeed totally different than the one I posted?! :look:

It's new-ish for Technic (in Red, been used in the 42070 6x6 and the Ultralight Helicopter) and it has been used in one set in Ninjago in 2012. 

59 minutes ago, Silvavasil said:

№15100

That was in no means to offend you, I just call it the double pin connector.

That was in no means to offend you, I just call it the double pin connector.

Аll right I'm just sorry, I thought that they released this connector in red ...

151001.png

I showed the 1H2018 images to my normally reliable 10 year old son (as he is the target audience for these sets), but for him, the entire line was "meh" - he is now only interested in airplanes.  Do I have mixed feelings - NO!  I won't have to worry about him messing with my Mack truck now :laugh:

14 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

I showed the 1H2018 images to my normally reliable 10 year old son (as he is the target audience for these sets), but for him, the entire line was "meh" - he is now only interested in airplanes.  Do I have mixed feelings - NO!  I won't have to worry about him messing with my Mack truck now :laugh:

Remember this couple of years later from now, as he shows potential girlfriends to You, and You say: "meh". :laugh:

ON: I assume that the interior of the MACK will be fully built-up, meaning the sleeper cab too. I am totally sold on this set, although I believe too, that the tires from London Bus would have been better choice. (Instead of 12 pcs, it would have 18 of them...)

Edit: sorry, just checked, that tyre has much lower profile (43,2 vs 49,5), so definitely they did the right decision. 

Edited by agrof

3 hours ago, Silvavasil said:

When I look at that photo the rally car certainly does seem like the darker blue (dark azure); however, look how dark the reds are in that picture.  When I compare to 42070 the reds are much lighter so I still believe (and hope) this is medium blue.  I have nothing against dark azure, there is just more medium blue currently available so this would be a welcomed addition.

35 minutes ago, JGW3000 said:

Ha, I wish I could say the same. The lineup seems very nice, and I agree with those who said the the Mack is perfect.

Ha, I wish I could say the same. The lineup seems very nice, and I agree with those who said the the Mack is perfect.

IMHO Rally car is most desirable, but we'll see, Mack is interesting from container point of view but (in my head) engine made of axles and 1/2 bushes is no go...

Just now, I_Igor said:

IMHO Rally car is most desirable, but we'll see, Mack is interesting from container point of view but (in my head) engine made of axles and 1/2 bushes is no go...

I think I agree, but I probably would get the Mack for the b model.