Just now, kbalage said:

Quick comparison with the real thing:

Too late :tongue: (check my pic)

MAck.png

(sorry it's so small)

Just now, Jim said:

Too late :tongue: (check my pic)

But it's animated! :tongue:
Anyway, I see that the nose is longer, the rear wheels could be closer to the front, but still - it is not a scale model. I think the designers did a very good job, if someone doesn't like it then it's always easy to mod it :)

Just now, kbalage said:

But it's animated! :tongue:
Anyway, I see that the nose is longer, the rear wheels could be closer to the front, but still - it is not a scale model. I think the designers did a very good job, if someone doesn't like it then it's always easy to mod it :)

Hehe true. Animations for the win.

I absolutely love the set, but I do find it strange that the rear wheels have been placed way off. I understand why other shapes are slightly different, but the rear looks a tad short. One or two studs would have done the trick.

And DBG panels :wub:

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What is the silver chrome ish thing sticking out in frony of the rear wheels in the real truck? Is it a fuel tank?

Yes it is.

I love the Mack  Truck, and I'm buying two of those to make the A and B models, the Rally Car has a lot of stickers, and that does always worry me as Stickers over long periods of time just end up showing massive wear and look worn.

The HoverCraft and Racing Yacht - another two I will buy, overall I think these sets are looking really good, and its looking good for Technic Builders H1 2018.

Really proportiaon are not matchnig :(
Does anybody able to make a Mack without stickers? Just curious how it will look...

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Which one?

I meant 42056 Porsche GT3 RS.

I thought all its panels will be available in medium-blue but just realized that the smallest panels aren't available yet :grin:

Regarding the Mack, I think a little bit of inaccuracy can be expected, given the length of certain panels and elements. To be totally spot-on with the real thing, there'd probably need to be a couple of resized or completely new parts, which I sorely doubt TLG could afford, especially right now. It still looks great, and it's recognizable. That's good enough for me.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Regarding the Mack, I think a little bit of inaccuracy can be expected, given the length of certain panels and elements. To be totally spot-on with the real thing, there'd probably need to be a couple of resized or completely new parts, which I sorely doubt TLG could afford, especially right now. It still looks great, and it's recognizable. That's good enough for me.

This is exactly how I think about it :thumbup:

It is nice to see a rollcage in the rally car but the (fictional) rally car driver will have a hard time entering or exiting the vehicle, as he has to climb over that unfavorably placed 16l link. I think two axles and a #4 connector on each side would work better.

30 minutes ago, schraubedrin said:

I thought all its panels

If You meant ALL panels, then clear.

This

e59f346ecb553354bf12e34b623b6219.jpg

seems most popular part for new technic sets. It is almost in every 2018 set.

38 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Agree, and I also think the Mack truck looks very good when up against the real truck. Its most certainly good enough for a Lego model. 

Not a fan of the truck at all, seems like wasted opportunity to make something great out of it. I'm beating myself up for not pickup up Arocs and waiting for this one. It seems like I'll save a lot of money and just get the rally car only this time, which does look quite nice especially when I look at the possible price range.

Just now, Ascius said:

Not a fan of the truck at all, seems like wasted opportunity to make something great out of it. I'm beating myself up for not pickup up Arocs and waiting for this one. It seems like I'll save a lot of money and just get the rally car only this time, which does look quite nice especially when I look at the possible price range.

Great pics!! the mack truck looks absolutely fantastic ;) they nailed it pretty nice just maybe the tires are a bit too small (like they were on the volvo L350)

but hold on a sec here... there isnt even one PF or pneumatic set in the 1H? 

1 minute ago, GoldVillage said:

but hold on a sec here... there isnt even one PF or pneumatic set in the 1H?

Not really out-of-the-box PF, but someone on this thread noted the large empty space and seemingly unused pins on the rear of the 42075. This could indicate PF upgradability.

Just now, AVCampos said:

Not really out-of-the-box PF, but someone on this thread noted the large empty space and seemingly unused pins on the rear of the 42075. This could indicate PF upgradability.

What function would the motor power though?

I doubt there's a gearbox so it would be limited to one function, either drive or the winch, which both seem so not worth getting a PF set for imo...

Indeed, no gearbox. Also, the model is a bit too small to have a battery box plus an IR receiver (the suspension appears to have room for a motor, though). What I suspect is the retirement of good ol' 8293, and the introduction of a PF 2.0 to replace it, with a compact battery box/receiver (like the Boost hub, but without integrated motors) and one or two "intelligent" motors like the one with the Boost set. These motors allow both continuous rotation and servo-like behaviour.

The MACK is very beautiful, with nice function,
but I am disappointed with the dummy engine.
The rallye car already has its place reserved on my shelf.

Just now, juGSI16V said:
The MACK is very beautiful, with nice function,
but I am disappointed with the dummy engine.
The rallye car already has its place reserved on my shelf.

Really? I think the engine is quite innovative. I think the last time we saw its like was 2012, in the 9393 B model. I think some people may be fed up with building the conventional cylinder engine, and it's something a little less ordinary.