Not sure how to feel about the Mack Anthem’s tyres not being doubled up at the back.

Edited by Bartybum

30 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

My speculations turn put to be right! Three knobs in the back, curve 13x3 panels for roof, single rear 49.5 /cry

Isn’t there a thinner version of the wheels that the 49.5 tyres use?

Edited by Bartybum

The Mack truck... finally. Looks really good, the addition of bricks helps get the right curves on the truck. The trailer is interesting, but I'm glad it isn't just a flatbed or enclosed trailer. But please tell me, WHY do they have those green accents on the trailer!! No need. Sure they look good on the B-model, but come on, an all grey truck and then you had green... 

Talking about the b model, I will be buying 2 of this set so I can have both build at once. IMO this is the best b-model so far! It isn't just a set that looks thrown together. 

Love the looks of that Mack truck! And the B-model is one of the best ones ever! Will definitely try to get this one. :classic:

The rally car... Looks like an expensive parts pack. :sceptic: Nice to see the new colors and those flex axles but... Come on! Lego, add something, ANYTHING other than double-wishbone suspension!

Fire truck is junk. Nothing against it, just not a good model.

What the heck is the orange thing on the hovercraft/ferry?! Not worth getting this set, IMO. Though it does have that curved pipe in orange...

I think the Mack truck with over 2500 parts and a box same size with flagship boxes can totally be a 2H flagship. The only thing that disqualifies it from being so is that it doesnt have PF.

And the Mack truck makes the 42070 look like a complete joke. Mack has way more parts, is a license model, has an equally good B model and cost 1/3 less.

On another note, 42077 marks the first big race car that is not designed by Uwe. 8070, 42000, 42039, 42056 are all his creations. Maybe he's busy with the special super car planned for next summer.

Since Markus and Milan already work on the Mack truck maybe the 2H will be designed by sb not Markus or Uwe. I've always wanted to see other designers have a try in the 2H flagship.

Mack looks incredibly cool, but for me it also looks not best investment. While rally car looks awesome and i really like what parts included. Rally car feels like new 42039 in terms of ability to mod and rebuid as c-models.

8 hours ago, M_longer said:

This look better than clickable links ;)

:picture of rally car:

I am going to get my hands on a hecking copy of that car! Looks so cool!

So, finally! My thoughts:

42075: neat model, I am curious what the B model is. A bit empty for the price though. Might be a good part pack.

42076: Part pack, definitely. I appretiate the fact, that LEGO does something different here, like the sailboat, but... khmm what the heck is this? Why not creating octopods, kinetic sculptures instead?

42077: It looks okay, on pair with 42039, A and B model both looks good, only pity, that it relies much on stickers...

42078: Now we are talking! It is a perfect set in my opinion. You can neat picking on missing double rear wheels, no PF, whatever, but all of these are reasonable compromises. I love the color combination, the green is right choice for the crane part on the trailer, both for A and B models. It is refreshing compared to red or yellow (usual attention maker colors).

I just don't know which is better, the A or the B model... both are wonderful. :thumbup::thumbup:  Both feels like tribute to / inspired by @steph77, SuperB MOCs LEGO! :grin:

Okay, I like the style of the Rally Car. Might lend well in Tiny Turbo. Mid-mounted V8, too. Would have loved to see this as RC, but I reckon there's room to mount two buggy motors on.

Hovercraft looks great. Linear actuator ramp, there also seems to be a gantry. Intriguing.

I think the problem with the Mack Truck is that LEGO's tires are inherently wide, so they're worth two tires. Frankly I'm more interested in how it would work, though the lorry head looks ace.

Somehow there has to be a way to make that yacht float in water. I want it so bad. I want that yacht.

The smaller sets are for kids, leave them alone. Big boys get their bigger toys come Nuremberg.

Mack seems to be a Milan/Markus collaboration judging by the licence plate or MK could also be short for Mack. Maybe one did the A model and the other did the B.

No Power Functions on any set makes me think that they are going to introduce PF2.0 in the summer or maybe this year we will get a supercar and there will be no PF models at all to make way for pf2.0 in 2019 with fanfare.

Rally car is a Wabra design. I am guessing Pedersen did the fire truck.

Edited by valenciaeric

IMHO Mack garbage truck and rally car look interesting but the rest is not something with WOW effect, but models are not so bad designed and if we considder parts available sets are interesting design compromise

10 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I noticed this in the fire truck and rally car: e59f346ecb553354bf12e34b623b6219.jpgOnly in red in 3 sets till now

And on truck in "hovercraft" set has orange ones inclooding 7studs short curved pannel in orange like on Porsche. ...also there are as you mentioned there are 2 panels on light blue that are first used on Porsche as fenders

8 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Nice - the brickset images confirm a brick built inline 6 on the Mack. Is this a first?

Can anyone send a link with engine image to see this "new" solution?

Thanks

Edited by I_Igor

Just now, IA creations said:

BLACK BUSH :pir-oh:

You are right, awesome find!

Edited by Zero (Zblj)

Just now, Zero (Zblj) said:

Or a black pin with axlehole and a 3L axle with stop with a combo of a nromal 5L beam.

That is most likely :thumbup:

Just now, I_Igor said:

That is most likely :thumbup:

No, It actually is a black bush, see the octagonal shape at the edge.

it actually is not.... l saw a pic that confirmed Zblj's first reply.....

Edited by IA creations

Just now, Zero (Zblj) said:

No, It actually is a black bush, see the octagonal shape at the edge.

...but previus solution would be stiffer...when I zoom it (on smartphone) then I see octagonal shape typical for bush...

I told you it was 49.5/20 tires for the MAC :)

Completely in love with the concept of full manual set. and particulary with the two B models of the MAC and Rally car.

I have a feeling coming back in th 90'  don't you?

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Can anyone send a link with engine image to see this "new" solution?

See inset in top left:

Full size image: HERE

42078_Box5_v29.jpg

Edited by Milan
Resized big picture.

Just now, steph77 said:

I told you it was 49.5/20 tires for the MAC :)

You were right, but what was confusing is that I have forgot about pseudo-fake engine in original sets like in 9393 B model (if I'm not mistaken)

Thanks for pointing me on Mack engine @JonathanM

23 minutes ago, IA creations said:

BLACK BUSH :pir-oh:

It's a pin with bush, we can see it clearly here. Sorry. :sceptic:

Also, here are bigger pics of  the other sets : 42075, 42077, and 42078:classic:

9 minutes ago, LvdH said:

If it was a black bush, why would it suddenly be black? To me it makes much more sense if it's just a pin with stop bush. 

Yeah, moreover this construction came at the back side as a black pin, not a reddish brown axle, so  it's a 3L axle with stop combined with 2L pin with a bush stop. Not a back bush :wink:

38451889836_da44dfe02d_o.jpg

Trucks at this scale definitely looks awesome and makes 'arocs like' trucks looks a little odd'.

I dont see correctly what could be the brickbuild engine. About me, one standard engine or technic mini engine fits perfectly with the scale.

Does anyone have a visual for my comprehension?

Thanks