Hmm, hard to tell if the rally car is also dark azure? The red looks quite dark as well.

EDIT: Curved panel in white is 11L, not 7L as I'd hoped.

All the sets are *looking* great. Some less functionality than looks though, but I like the trend to use system bricks to create nice detail (as seen in 42069 this year).

Edited by JonathanM

That rally car is looking pretty nice! :thumbup:

Say, has anyone noticed yet the text above its windshield? It reads "Billund High Point". :grin:

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yeah, looks cool!

Along with other potential Mack truck sets for Technic in the future, the hood ornament could also be utilized on a Classic Mack Truck for the Creator Expert theme. :shrug_oh_well:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

My thoughts:

MACK Truck: perfect. Just perfect. Kills my Peterbilt 579 in terms of construction. Soooo much system!

Hovercraft: Quite nicer than the prelims but the little car sucks.

Fire truck: 1 word: ouch.

Rally car: lovin' that colour scheme, but I have no hint for functions.\

Not bad overall :grin:

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

At least 2018 technic line up is better than 2017 so much better and DBG panels :sweet:, love the Mack and the rally car.

Guys, please help out a partly colour-blind bloke with a lousy monitor. Are the cab panels DBG or LBG? And is that 42008 green I see on the crane arms?

The spoiler on the rally car uses a Porsche fender in whatever blue that set is. I really like it as well as the Mack. It relies heavily on stickers, but that doesn't really matter that much, the set looks great! :thumbup:

I noticed this in the fire truck and rally car: e59f346ecb553354bf12e34b623b6219.jpgOnly in red in 3 sets till now.

I will be very disappointed if they do what they did last year, and only release some 1H sets in the US but all of them in other countries.

Edit @suffocation DBG. And it looks like 42008 green.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Blue Porsche panel!!! I love the rally car!

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Seems like the fire truck has nothing but HoG! Disappointed.

Winch? Engine? It has things...

I spot a linear actuator through the hood on the rally car.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

Blue Porsche panel!!! I love the rally car!

Winch? Engine? It has things...

Im realizing things as I go :grin: saw the engine but not the winch. Even then, disappointed.

Just now, JonathanM said:

B model for the rally car looks pretty good too. Reckon I have 2 purchases at least (Rally car, Mack)

Where is the b model for the rally car?

I'm really surprised how much I like these; nice job LEGO. The Mack is just great, although I have to admit I want this set to build the garbage truck first. :thumbup:

The rally car looks pretty decent. Any idea what the length of those white flex axles are? Please be 14L...please be 14L...

As for the blue parts being used in a future set I'm thinking a blue/black Bugatti Chiron in 1:8 scale. I know, never gonna happen.

Edited by therealjustin

Overall I don't think any of the sets are bad; just none grab my attention enough to make me purchase them (or they're waaay out of my very low price range).They're all different and fairly unique models for the Technic line, and I appreciate the diversity being brought to the theme. The Mack is beautiful in so many ways. We'll have to see how it performs.

Also, I love the fact that as the number on the side of 42076 is '89', so when the panel is used the other way round in the b model it says '68'. Hardly worth mentioning, but pretty clever.

And one more observation: quite a lot of red this year...

Brickset has now hi-res picks for THE Mack-awesome truck. Must have for me

Impressed specially by the B model and the outstanding look of both; and if it is a Grohl's baby we can expect an equally amazing C model in his facebook before next summer. 

Btw, I see that new golden dog ornament in Town MOCs 

Ther rest of the 1H: better looking overall than 2017; nice yatch! No true techical challenges at sight, but eye pleasing models indeed

It seems that the 2018 pictures have a shadow and/or details like dirt or water under each model in some of the pictures. I've never seen a shadow before. For example, look under the buggy. 38475587822_00741003a9_o.png And the B model for the hovercraft is a tiny tow truck. Strange....

My thoughts:

42075: It is actually surprisingly okay. I thought it didn't have that many functions, but it looks to have drive, steering, suspension, and an opening body for equipment. The top is rather empty, though.

42076: :sick::sick: Yuck! This thing looks terrible, and is hardly a Technic set. It looks hollow and boring, and how did they get to a thousand pieces with this hunk of junk. Lego, we don't want City sets in Technic.

42077: Oh great, another race vehicle with the exact same functions and suspension.:hmpf_bad: The suspension is the exact same as 42039, or 42056, inauthentic, and overdone. Lego, you do realize that there are other suspension types out there, right? Kids that are into

Technic would appreciate that. Also, yet another set that needs a gearbox, but no, apparently lifting bodywork and working fans are acceptable functions for Technic sets now, as the only functions.

42078: Now here's a good set. I thought for sure it would have the larger wheels, but it does not. Hardly matters, it still looks good, and has some pretty interesting functions. I like all the extra details.

I feel like lately Lego has released more sets with higher levels of detail, but fewer functions. I don't agree with that. Give us style AND substance, that is what Technic should be about now.