According to the official website, MACK LR also uses inline 6 engines. So I think we can expect it to be sticking out behind the cabin, like that in 42043 B (Arocs trailer truck).

Sources:

https://www.macktrucks.com/trucks/lr-series/specs/

https://www.macktrucks.com/powertrain-and-suspensions/engines/mp7/

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

We usually get the H1 sets about a week before Christmas here, it's definitely the time of year when we sell the most lego (and toys in general).

But seeing people already picking up sets now in mid November seems very early indeed.

Just now, Timoonn said:

That is way too big for a 1H set

That’s exactly what I’m thinking, if that part count is anything to go by

And its very large - using Google translate: "The Mack Anthem truck plus trailer with extended boom and landing legs is approx. 27 cm high, 83 cm long and 18 cm wide, and approx. 22 cm high and 15 cm wide with retracted crane arm and landing legs." 

83 cm long clearly fits with the part count of 2595 pieces. 

Width 15cm ~~ 19 studs - it is chassis width of Arocs, so at least truck has 62.4 tires, which means 1:17-1:17.5 model :wink:

...and with length mentioned on linked site it could easily have 2000+ pieces, so 2595 is not impossible, specially if model has number of details

Just now, Aleh said:

I'm afraid it may goes to 2H 2018 :(

I really doubt it.
I've already put in an order for it (and a ton of other 1H sets) set to deliver for mid Dec, and TLG has never failed us yet.
42078 is listed as a set you can order for this year and I have no doubts TLG will deliver.

Porsche was a 2H (june) set, without-B model, and with a Lego exclusive availability. Its not the case for the Mack.

Edited by Timoonn

As for the 42078 - Wow, maybe others have seen pictures I have not, but if the 83 cm length is accurate a person might estimate the container to be ~40 cm long.  Is it going to be all 5 x 11 panels?  Will it be solid panels (vs. a container "shell" - see City 60169)?  Maybe 4 long x 4 high x 3 wide assuming some beams in there too..... 56 panels + the ends?  Seems like a ton of panels.  Maybe a new, larger panel?

Edited by thor_64

83 cm is comparable to 42043 B model, so it's more likely now that the Mack uses 62.4 tires at least. 42043 B also has about 2500 pieces so 2500 for Mack isnt unreasonable.

6 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

No way. There is no way that tiny hovercraft (42076) has 1000+ pieces.

On the prelim picture size of it's box is the same as the one of the rally car.

Edited by dimaks13

7 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

No way. There is no way that tiny hovercraft (42076) has 1000+ pieces.

Remember what they say about 42053 and 42068? lol

We have to realise that newer technic sets have higher level of details, so every additional half-pin, tile, small plate (for lights)...counts and increases parts number, so nothing impossible to have 1000+ parts in hovercraft. If you look on inventory lists through years, you'll see that parts count is growing in every LEGO Technic "prize category" and even smaller sets are getting more and more detailed :thumbup:

10 hours ago, degenerate said:

I really doubt it.
I've already put in an order for it (and a ton of other 1H sets) set to deliver for mid Dec, and TLG has never failed us yet.
42078 is listed as a set you can order for this year and I have no doubts TLG will deliver.

That's the good news!

50 minutes ago, Aleh said:

That's the good news!

Won't know for sure until we get the order confirmation, typically about a week before we get the delivery.

I know I'll be pissed if it gets pushed to H2

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

We have to realise that newer technic sets have higher level of details, so every additional half-pin, tile, small plate (for lights)...counts and increases parts number, so nothing impossible to have 1000+ parts in hovercraft. If you look on inventory lists through years, you'll see that parts count is growing in every LEGO Technic "prize category" and even smaller sets are getting more and more detailed :thumbup:

Correct, just because even the smaller ones now have a number tiles, small plates etc. for a better visual appearance and details. For example, 42060 contains plus 18 parts only for a headlights (about 5% of the total parts number: 365). Moreover, since the Mack seems to come with a number of authentic things, I believe that a huge number of parts will be presented in tiles, plates, slopes, transparent round lights etc.  

1005 parts for the rally car... that is significantly less then 42000 (at ~1150) and 42039 (>1200), even less then 42068, which is for sale at €75 over here...

Even at €99 that is going to be a bit pricey, im wondering if itll include PF in the box, considering 42052 at €120 for 1042 parts, which includes PF and a record number of panels.

I hate to go all price-bitching again, but if 1005 is indeed the part count, and no PF, i might feel compelled to wait for a better price then the rumoured €99

Just now, vectormatic said:

1005 parts for the rally car... that is significantly less then 42000 (at ~1150) and 42039 (>1200), even less then 42068, which is for sale at €75 over here...

Even at €99 that is going to be a bit pricey, im wondering if itll include PF in the box, considering 42052 at €120 for 1042 parts, which includes PF and a record number of panels.

I hate to go all price-bitching again, but if 1005 is indeed the part count, and no PF, i might feel compelled to wait for a better price then the rumoured €99

...or at least some new part...

18 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

According to this, the Mack has 2595(!) pieces.

42077 - 1005;

42076 - 1020;

42075 - 513.

How did you find the info for those three sets in that website? Can you share the links that lead to their pages?

38 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How did you find the info for those three sets in that website? Can you share the links that lead to their pages?

Through Google, same as Mack.

https://misterbricks.nl/lego-technic-42075-eerste-hulp-voertuig.html

https://misterbricks.nl/lego-technic-42076-hovercraft.html

https://misterbricks.nl/lego-technic-42077-rallyauto.html

Thanks a bunch.

About the piece count of MACK, I think quite a number of them will go into the sleeper cab interiors, like Lego Creator inside Lego Technic

Edited:

OH WOW

According to the exoforce website, the box for 42078 is 58.2 x  48 x 12.4 *huh**huh**huh*

That's the same box with those of 42070, 42043, 42030. *huh**huh**huh*

It wouldnt be a surprise if the MACK box has a flap too!

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen