2 hours ago, kbalage said:

I just saw it in a facebook post - 42074 spotted in a TRU already *huh* Can anyone in the USA confirm? Could not find anything online yet.

What does TRU mean?

6 hours ago, vectormatic said:

Ah man, people are picking up the yacht already and we havent had even a proper pic of the rally car :(

*huh*... Pakistan is ahead of us for months ???? Images are from Noman Iqbal (If I correctly copied from @Jim's topic) 

YES Garbage truck I've been waiting for that for a long long time. Probably not the one with internal compactor but it's good to see one garbage truck. I think it will be the front bin loader type and reuses the two container cranes on the trailer from the A model. The container can be rebuilt into a waste bin.

Translated content from the link above:

Get real pleasure and innovative assembly experience with this exclusive copy of the MACK Anthem ™ 2 truck in 1 from LEGO Technic. This carefully designed model, created in cooperation with MACK Trucks Inc., has many realistic details and functions. Open the doors and see the equipped driver's cab with dashboard, steering wheel, sun blinds, adjustable seats and sleeping place, and under the hood you will find a straight 6-cylinder engine with moving pistons and a rotating radiator fan. You can transport the truck to the site of work, lower the racks, extend and fasten the outriggers and operate the synchronized boom cranes to install the container on the trailer, which can be unhooked. And when you are ready for a new task, this model can be rebuilt into a garbage truck MACK LR, which is distinguished by many authentic details.

From the same website, translated description of

42075 First Responder

Hurry to the place of the fire on the car of the Rapid Response Service! This superb copy of the fire fighting vehicle The rapid reaction service 2 in 1 is made in red-white-black color scheme and equipped with blue flashing lights, installed on the roof by searchlights, a rotating steering wheel and a working suspension, wide black rims and massive tires. Open the door to get into the driver's cab, turn the winch, lift the lighting mast and open the tool storage compartment to select one of the coolest accessories. When you want to build something else, rebuild this model into an excellent Race Fire Truck.

42076 Hovercraft:

On this magnificent LEGO Technic airframe, made in the original black and white color scheme and equipped with a crane for cargo with the operator's cab and loading platform, you can drive anywhere. On the ship there is also a rugged expedition truck with a removable cargo container. Maneuver on the ship on an air cushion to launch double rear fans, and see how they rotate clockwise while you move. Lower the ramp, wait until the truck enters the board, and unload the container with the load with a crane. When you want to collect something else, rebuild this set and create a powerful jet boat!

Discover the world of racing with this model of the impressive racing car LEGO Technic, made in sporty blue-white-red-black color scheme with steep racing labels and equipped with a rear spoiler, four projectors and large red rims with six spokes and low-profile tires for a more confident clutch in the road. Open the doors to get into an elaborate interior with racing seats and a red protective frame. Raise the hood to look at the engine cooling system with two fans. And under the rear hood is a detailed engine V6 with movable pistons. This magnificent car is also equipped with a rotating steering wheel and a reliable suspension. When you want to build something else, rebuild it into a high-speed buggy.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

That could mean that Mack is built on 62.4 tires, 49.5 are to small for 6 cylinder inline engine.

Fire truck has 49.5 tires like this year's telehandler

Hovercraft could be nice parts pack

Rally car could be intetesting with V6 detailed engine

Quiet expected about the tires.

Now I need to show TLG how Lego truck must look like. What a pity I did not even start making it. Yet.

11 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Quiet expected about the tires.

Now I need to show TLG how Lego truck must look like. What a pity I did not even start making it. Yet.

It is a long way to end of the year (if you do not have daily job that requires whole days work)

4 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It is a long way to end of the year (if you do not have daily job that requires whole days work)

Offtop. Except Lego luckily I have daily job, wife. mountain bike and trance music :grin: And all takes time)

3 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Discover the world of racing with this model of the impressive racing car LEGO Technic, made in sporty blue-white-red-black color scheme with steep racing labels and equipped with a rear spoiler, four projectors and large red rims with six spokes and low-profile tires for a more confident clutch in the road. Open the doors to get into an elaborate interior with racing seats and a red protective frame. Raise the hood to look at the engine cooling system with two fans. And under the rear hood is a detailed engine V6 with movable pistons. This magnificent car is also equipped with a rotating steering wheel and a reliable suspension. When you want to build something else, rebuild it into a high-speed buggy.

If im reading that right, it has a roll-cage, which AFAIK is a first, a moc cooling system is also something of a novelty, but im guessing just needed to fill the void in the front bay, given that the engine is at the back. I do wonder how the V6 is oriented, transverse would be a bit stratos-like, longitudinal has no real rally-icon i think? Either way i was rather hoping for a transverse 4 in front, like modern WRC cars. I think independent suspension is also a given, but i do wonder if it has AWD.

Also makes me wonder what rotating/gearbox functions it has, if this set follows the 42000/42039 mold, that is.

So the 42077 has no transmission? :look:

They failed again. It's that simple.

Its a $100-120 set, neither 42000 or 42039 had a trans in the driveline, but im guessing that this car offers MODers much more leeway to build their own driveline, as the chassis should be much roomier, and even a 4 cilinder engine wouldnt be out of place in a rally car, i'm almost sure a flat-4 will fit in the front, subaru style, that should leave the rear free for an elaborate gearbox.

That said, i wouldve prefered even a simple 2 speed gearbox in 42000 and 42039 over the setup they have to facilitate dropping in a PF motor

Edited by vectormatic

Just now, vectormatic said:

42000 or 42039 had a trans in the driveline,

These have additional functions. The 42077 seems like a 42037 again, which is a big problem.

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

These have additional functions. The 42077 seems like a 42037 again, which is a big problem.

Im sure 77 will have extra features, a 37-like set in terms of features in 1000+ parts and a $100 price just wont do obviously

Going by the text, the cooling fans and doors might be mechanically driven in the same way they were in 00, 39 and 66, with the two option gearbox. I do hope they come up with something better then cooling fans and doors though, but ill happily mod the car to be more interesting either way

The 9397 has a 4 inline engine and it already eats into the cabin. So if the Mack has a 6 inline I think the cabin would be pushed to the center?

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The 9397 has a 4 inline engine and it already eats into the cabin. So if the Mack has a 6 inline I think the cabin would be pushed to the center?

Hm. nice, because the original has also 6 inline engiine!

I do not think the bonnet in the Mack will be longer than in 9397, just the engine will be inside partially.

Someone asked if some of the 1H2018 sets we're in TRU stores in the USA, and they are in some stores at least.  My AFOL friend in Pennsylvania said the pull-backs we're there, the blue/grey/orange compactor type set and also the catarman we're on the shelves in the TRU nearest him, he even snapped a pic with his phone and sent it to me.  I didn't find any in 1 of the 4 local TRU's around city I live in, but I've only checked 1 store.  

I am very surprised that they are available so early this year, in the past 13 yrs or so since i escaped my dark ages, I've never known January releases to be at TRU this early, they aren't posted on TRU's or Lego's websites yet.  

Edited by DarkShadow73
Add to reply

The real LR:

Carolina-Waste-and-Recycling-2-800x545.j

8 hours ago, vectormatic said:

I do wonder how the V6 is oriented, transverse would be a bit stratos-like, longitudinal has no real rally-icon i think?

It has, don't forget the MG Metro.