1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

Where do peoplesee the 2L axle pin in red? 

I think they mean the 3l.

16 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

42084_alt4.jpg

Top of picture is 3l

Btw mods, I think this is allowed on the next page.

Edited by Aventador2004

21 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Btw mods, I think this is allowed on the next page.

You mean quoting a picture? That's always allowed if you are emphasizing on something :thumbup:

Just now, Jim said:

You mean quoting a picture? That's always allowed if you are emphasizing on something :thumbup:

Ok, good.

19 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Ok, good.

Or you spent 5 hours on describing your point :laugh:

21 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Is the pulley system an example of overengineering? I think the control can be built with just gears and knobs.

42074_alt3.jpg

No.

This is actually brilliant. Because that is how it works on the real yacht like this. This is brilliant representation of real mechanism stuffed in small space. This is excellent.

Please, do you know (think) if 42074 yellow is the same yellow as 42053 of 42030 (I mean "normal yellow")? it looks bit brighter, but I might be wrong (I hope I am). Thanks.

Edited by J_C

21 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Would someone tell me what the bloody hell 42071's B-model is? It looks like a motor scraper did the nasty with a flatbed truck!

According to the authentic source this is an "articulated flatbed truck", like this one:

hydrema-912hmflatbedpr1_10939934.jpg

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

What?

I was writing from my experience. Sometimes when I try to explain something without picture I need more time to make understandable description...now back to topic. Yacht is interesting, it has good illustration of how "sailing" works 

Have you noticed that model B of 42074 has Technic Pin 3L in Orange?

21 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

B model of 42071. What!?I

Mate, 42074

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted picture.

Im mildly amused that the b-model of the smallest set is basically a mini version of this years airport firetruck

Im slightly worred with the trend towards more neon/fantasy things though, the two pullback racers and the road works thingy give off a distinct mid 00s vibe, which was a terrible time for technic.

The sailboat looks cool though, pretty tempting set

Weird how these 'photos' (renderings I guess?) have odd colours. e.g. in 42084 B model it looks like the 48989 pin connector with 4 pins is in DBG, where as in the A model it's clearly LBG (and very likely, as it's never been in DBG). Thus, I conclude that the DBG axle+axle connector on the fire hose is possibly just LBG as well?? Same with the half bush in 42071 B-model (in center) looks DBG, but is probably LBG.

47 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Im slightly worred with the trend towards more neon/fantasy things though, the two pullback racers and the road works thingy give off a distinct mid 00s vibe, which was a terrible time for technic.

The pull-backs definitely do hearken back to the early 00s, but at least they have an actual Technic function, as opposed to the sets released since 2013, and there's the combo model as well.

I actually wish TLG would do more with the whole 'futuristic' thing, though. Sets like 8446 and 42038 have definitely proven that it works when done right, i.e. with plenty of intricacy and features.

@kbalage - thanks for the picture! Consider me informed. :classic:

5 hours ago, J_C said:

Because that is how it works on the real yacht like this. This is brilliant representation of real mechanism stuffed in small space. This is excellent.

Thanks. The yacht is a must have then.

Do you have any diagram of this in real life? Or perhaps some key words so that I can conduct some research about this?

On 10/27/2017 at 4:15 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Is the pulley system an example of overengineering? I think the control can be built with just gears and knobs.

No, this model is a great example of a technical model.  Instead of moving the sail with your hand, you can move the steering wheel and the pulleys and gears will turn the sail.  This is a great model, but... I will not be buying it.  

7 hours ago, aminnich said:

No, this model is a great example of a technical model.  Instead of moving the sail with your hand, you can move the steering wheel and the pulleys and gears will turn the sail.  This is a great model, but... I will not be buying it.  

judging from the position of the rudder/pulleys/sail in various pics, the sail/pulleys and rudder/wheel arent linked. (which is as it should be)