1 hour ago, Jim said:

and grandparents who are buying them.

:thumbup: although sometimes we kinda forget to hand them on :sweet:

Edited by LucyCol

The sailboat will be very interesting if it ideed has a pulley system. It also seems to be called "sailyatch", instead of catamaran like in the original rumors, and the b-model appears to be a catamaran. A possible switch of models?

It's possible. If I recall correctly, the first preliminary images of the 42001 showed what ended up being its B-model.

56 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

It's possible. If I recall correctly, the first preliminary images of the 42001 showed what ended up being its B-model.

Moreover, remember 8284 - A and B options came as the main model for the different regions, so the same thing may happen again and some countries will get it as a catamaran and other as a yacht. 

15 hours ago, Void_S said:

Well, it means that this model is ever close to 42039 than I've expected: it should be an RWD car with a rear (middle-rear) engine location.

That makes more sense. If engine is located at the rear, there is a big possibility that engine placement is transverse. Transverse engine could use old style differential...

I see kind of dejavu....

42075 = 8435 : as processor no AWD/4WD/4x4 in that scale and price - possibly no suspension at all

42077 = 8865 : rear drive, rear V4 engine, simple gearbox, the same suspension system (original goes back to 1988 if some do not recall) but with better body shell, new parts 

42078 I really hope that the Mack will be up to tide with 8868, 9397 or even 8285 ( I have mentioned those sets due to similar body shape)

Edited by AOW

Does anybody think a Mack will appear on 49,5 wheels instead of 62mm?

19 hours ago, Jim said:

Each year kids grow out of Technic and new kids enter the world of Technic. Their active period is only a couple of years. So TLG is mainly rinsing-and-repeating concepts that sell, with the occasional gem now and then. Let's not forget that these sets are mainly targeted at kids, and (grand)parents who are buying them.

That is true, and as a person of the age group, all the technic sets appeal. However because of that same factor, I cannon afford them :(

47 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Does anybody think a Mack will appear on 49,5 wheels instead of 62mm?

That is most likely, but lets wait and see. 

8 hours ago, AOW said:

I see kind of dejavu....

42075 = 8435 : as processor no AWD/4WD/4x4 in that scale and price - possibly no suspension at all

42077 = 8865 : rear drive, rear V4 engine, simple gearbox, the same suspension system (original goes back to 1988 if some do not recall) but with better body shell, new parts 

42078 I really hope that the Mack will be up to tide with 8868, 9397 or even 8285 ( I have mentioned those sets due to similar body shape)

42075 - perhaps some kind of pendular axle, but not more based on scale. I do not think that LEGO will make new even smaller shocks

42077 - rear drive only - most likely, but I have a feeling that it will use in-line 4 cylinder engine

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

That is most likely, but lets wait and see. 

Just waiting is too boring...

4 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Just waiting is too boring...

I know, but what are our options that train to be patient and when we at least expected something will pop-up :wink:

And it will become like with Porsche: people even detected unexisting power functions :laugh:

36 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Or use own imagination and try to make this Mack basing on the shadow shape :sweet:

Hm...width 15 studs, height 19 studs...

Wish I had seen the prelim images before they we're taken down...ah well I'm sure they will be soon up since January is coming fast.

And hopefully us Americans and Canadians don't have to wait until August for the larger 1H sets like this past January although most of the larger 1H sets we're pretty pathetic, only one I bought was the 42066 Air Race Jet besides the ones we did get (42057-42060) with the BMW and Telehandler coming couple months later.  Crazy thing about the 42066 is there was an importer from the UK selling most of the other sets on Amazon and I picked up the 42066 for $135 and when it was officially released here in August its MSRP was $159.99, so made out $25 ahead on that one.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:05 AM, WvG_853 said:

This is probably heresy here, but I find American trucks rather boring ... Also because we have already had some great sets: 8285 and 5571. The trailer looks interesting ...

We get so many European cab-overs that us Americans/Canadians do like to see some long-nose tractors in the mix, 8285 and 9397 we're very cool...not saying I'm against the cab-overs, not at all, the 8258 was an amazing build and truck as was the 42043, but our road and highway network can handle the space long-nose trucks need.  I also realize TLG is based in Europe, so their designers would obviously be more familiar with cab-over trucks and enjoy designing them.  Just saying, that's all...

6 hours ago, aminnich said:

Do we know know anything about H2 sets?? 

The only thing I know is we'll get them delivered to our store on December 20th the earliest, I can't bloody wait!

I most likely won't be getting the Mack truck because I find trucks incredibly boring and lacking features, exceptions being crane/tow trucks like the Arocs for example.

However, if it turns out there'll be some cool pneumatic functions or a nice amount of power functions and a decent b-model I'll definitely give myself a box of 2 for Christmas :wink:

10 hours ago, DarkShadow73 said:

Wish I had seen the prelim images before they we're taken down...

They are still somewhere in the internet ... at least, week ago I saw them ...

25 minutes ago, Jurss said:

They are still somewhere in the internet ... at least, week ago I saw them ...

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to believe that it isn’t impossible that I don’t not possess them :wink:

Edited by Bartybum

12 hours ago, degenerate said:

The only thing I know is we'll get them delivered to our store on December 20th the earliest, I can't bloody wait!

I most likely won't be getting the Mack truck because I find trucks incredibly boring and lacking features, exceptions being crane/tow trucks like the Arocs for example.

However, if it turns out there'll be some cool pneumatic functions or a nice amount of power functions and a decent b-model I'll definitely give myself a box of 2 for Christmas :wink:

On 20th December you could find only 1H sets :wink:

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to believe that it isn’t impossible that I don’t not possess them :wink:

So, it's reasonable to believe that you may not possess them. :grin:

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

So, it's reasonable to believe that you may not possess them. :grin:

Count your double negatives again :wink:

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

On 20th December you could find only 1H sets :wink:

Crap, that's what I meant, as far as H2 sets go I didn't hear anything  :blush:

Just now, degenerate said:

Crap, that's what I meant, as far as H2 sets go I didn't hear anything  :blush:

No problem at all. I was just pointing at it...about Mack - it should be some container truck, so perhaps it could be interesting (it would have gear racks form Arocs)