If TLG will introduce PF 2.0 in 2018 I'm sure there will be no any new sets realised with the old one.

11 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This October is a sphere. :grin:

:laugh:

Well October is a round number any way ... 10 so the corner in this stage can be long one... November on the other hand is 11 so sharp in some way (especially if we take the weather into the count) 

When is the fair ?

16 minutes ago, AOW said:

Well October is a round number any way ... 10 so the corner in this stage can be long one... November on the other hand is 11 so sharp in some way (especially if we take the weather into the count) 

When is the fair ?

November (rain) is not some attractive month, but question is which fair do you mean? Nurmberg toy fair is from January 31st till February 4th 2018. Please look here (I apologize to anyone because I could not find English version, so link is to German site) 

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

November (rain) is not some attractive month, but question is which fair do you mean? Nurmberg toy fair is from January 31st till February 4th 2018. Please look here (I apologize to anyone because I could not find English version, so link is to German site) 

Will there be any in 2017 where either rumors or so can be know? 

Just now, AOW said:

Nope. It's always the Nuremberg Toy Fair.

10 minutes ago, AOW said:

As @Jim said No. Rumors have no place on official fairs, perhaps on some Gypsy fair :laugh:. BTW thanks @Jim you were faster :thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

I'm looking forward to Mack truck more and more (and that is weird because I don't buy sets at all). I wonder how its steering and drive train will be build. It would be perfect time to introduce some part that are desired for a long time - 9L gear rack or 5L ball joint links (depending how the steering will look like), smaller fake engine, more narrow 49,5mm wheels, 6-7 axle with stop 2L apart from end (for diff inside frame) etc.. I think technic would deserve to evolve further, I know there are workarounds to use 7L gear rack or just live with 6L links, but I think that BASIC technic parts are getting a little bit overlooked, not expenading/evolving:

6L link - introduced in 1988

9L link - introduced in 2000

7L rack - 2010

13L rack - 2009

Ivan_M, I think the problem is what Lego does not want to spend money on developing new parts until it is really necessary for a new model. This is been called "automation process" and it has two sides - good that you do not need to over invest , bad that you do not create new ... 

Recall that back in 2000s Lego has started to make a lot new, odd, rare parts, and their almost went on bankruptcy.. so they went in to the planning as we see now - 90% or the parts are been used in the current sets from year to year - this saves a lot money - note that we have the same type of suspension type which was first developed back in 1988 with the 8865... all the "super cars" have the same principal. The Ackerman steering correction? Last seen in 8462 back in 1998 ... now "reintroduced" in the 42069 ... etc etc... 

Yes I know, but I think that we now see the other extreme - no new basic parts - suspension, gears (helical, cmon!), etc. Instead we get claas tires that are imo too big for lego..

To be honest i'm really pleased with the Claas tires. Finally some wheels with correct agricultural treads, which are the first ever tractor-treads since the introduction of Lego. Actually I hope Lego will introduce some smaller wheels with tractor-treads so that we can finally build 'proper' tractors.

Just now, Sjoemie himself said:

To be honest i'm really pleased with the Claas tires. Finally some wheels with correct agricultural treads, which are the first ever tractor-treads since the introduction of Lego. Actually I hope Lego will introduce some smaller wheels with tractor-treads so that we can finally build 'proper' tractors.

You are not the only one :wink:

10 hours ago, Ivan_M said:

I'm looking forward to Mack truck more and more (and that is weird because I don't buy sets at all). I wonder how its steering and drive train will be build. It would be perfect time to introduce some part that are desired for a long time - 9L gear rack or 5L ball joint links (depending how the steering will look like), smaller fake engine, more narrow 49,5mm wheels, 6-7 axle with stop 2L apart from end (for diff inside frame) etc.. I think technic would deserve to evolve further, I know there are workarounds to use 7L gear rack or just live with 6L links, but I think that BASIC technic parts are getting a little bit overlooked, not expenading/evolving:

Of course, that is all true, but I think it's better if we don't put our hopes up too high. If you remember with the Porsche, we were all disappointed when it say, wasn't RC, or it didn't come in different colours, ETC.. Just don't get too excited, and you probably won't get disapointed when it only introduces parts in new colours.

I've found some more info related to Technic 2018. Texts are translated from Dutch:

LEGO Technic 42071 Dozer Compactor

The Dozer Compactor is a small bulldozer in the colors blue, orange and gray. This is a small LEGO Technic set of € 17.99. The front of the bulldozer can also change direction, in addition to moving the slider up and down. The set is a 2-in-1 set and allows to be converted to a truck.

LEGO Technic 42072 WHACK!

The WHACK! is a LEGO Technic racer with pull-back function and crash function. The crash function allows the engine to drain off as soon as you hit a wall or another LEGO Technic Racer. The colors for the set are lime green, black, red and gray. The set is labeled and has a price of € 19.99.

LEGO Technic 42073 BASH

The Bash is in fact the red variant of the WHACK. The set looks a lot like the WHACK, but has a number of differences in colors, cockpit, wheels and spoiler. The colors of the LEGO Technic BASH are red, black and gray. The set has a pull-back and crash function. The set price is € 19.99.

LEGO Technic 42074 Racing Yacht

The LEGO Technic Racing Yacht is exactly what the name indicates. The boat is tall and pointed and has a mast with two sails. The boat has an azure color on the front of the hull and on the sails, and a yellow color on the back of the hull and on the sail. In addition, a red color has been incorporated into the front sail. The sails can be operated with winches that make sure the sails can be shortened. The Racing Yacht is a 2-in-1 set and can be converted into a catamaran. The set has a price of € 34.99.

LEGO Technic 42075 First Responder

The First Responder is a 4x4 first aid vehicle. The set has red, black and white colors and has blue floodlights. The playing features include a functioning steering wheel, suspension, winch, open and close doors and a storage space for tools. The set is again 2-in-1 and the price is € 44.99.

LEGO Technic 42076 Hovercraft

The Hovercraft features a black and white color scheme. The Hovercraft has an increased loading crane with driver's cab and loading platform. The kit also includes a freight container with a freight container that can take place on board the Hovercraft. Moving the hovercraft allows you to rotate the two rear fans and change direction as soon as you steer. The tailgate is moving up and down and there is a crane on board to unload the truck. The set is a 2 in 1 set and allows you to build a Jet Boat. The set price is € 74.99.

LEGO Technic 42077 Rally Car

The LEGO Technic 42077 Rally Car features a sporty color scheme in blue, white, red and black. The set is provided with stickers for details. The Rally Car has a spoiler, large headlights, red spoke wheels, a detailed cockpit with racing seats and a rolling bracket, working steering and suspension. Underneath the hood is the engine cooling system and the engine is located back into the trunk. The set is 2-in-1 and allows you to build a buggy. The set price is € 99.99.

LEGO Technic 42078 Mack Truck

No photo has been leaked from the set. However, we know that the set will cost € 169.99 and will be in stores in January. The set is based on a model of the Mack brand. We update the post as soon as we have more details.

LEGO Technic 42084 Hook Loader

The Hook Loader is the smallest LEGO Technic set that we can expect in the coming winter. The Hook Loader has a driver's cab, a warning light and features red, gray and black colors. The Hook Loader comes with a container that can be loaded and unloaded through the loading system. The set is a 2-in-1 set and gives you the ability to build a fire truck. The set price is € 9.99.

Source: http://www.bouwsteentjes.info/lego-technic-2018-details/

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

LEGO Technic 42077 Rally Car

The LEGO Technic 42077 Rally Car features a sporty color scheme in blue, white, red and black. The set is provided with stickers for details. The Rally Car has a spoiler, large headlights, red spoke wheels, a detailed cockpit with racing seats and a rolling bracket, working steering and suspension. Underneath the hood is the engine cooling system and the engine is located back into the trunk. The set is 2-in-1 and allows you to build a buggy. The set price is € 99.99.

Well, it means that this model is ever close to 42039 than I've expected: it should be an RWD car with a rear (middle-rear) engine location.

I think the line-up of 1H 2018 will be pretty decent. Some smaller models, as expected, combined with a nice Rally Car and Mack Truck. Looking forward to the final version of the Rally Car, since it will probably be the 42069 of 2018, going from WTF to WOW in a matter of months.

I dunno. Another rinse-and-repeat rear-engined, rear-drive car with the usual lifing engine compartment and spoiler as most technical features is nothing to look forward to after 42000 and 42039. I hope the Mack truck is more original.

Edited by valenciaeric

37 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

I dunno. Another rinse-and-repeat rear-engined, rear-drive car with the usual lifing engine compartment and spoiler as most technical features is nothing to look forward to after 42000 and 42039. I hope the Mack truck is more original.

Each year kids grow out of Technic and new kids enter the world of Technic. Their active period is only a couple of years. So TLG is mainly rinsing-and-repeating concepts that sell, with the occasional gem now and then. Let's not forget that these sets are mainly targeted at kids, and (grand)parents who are buying them.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Each year kids grow out of Technic and new kids enter the world of Technic. Their active period is only a couple of years. So TLG is mainly rinsing-and-repeating concepts that sell, with the occasional gem now and then. Let's not forget that these sets are mainly targeted at kids, and (grand)parents who are buying them.

I could not agree more. this is exactly what you see in stores that sell LEGO sets :wink:

Those set descriptions sound good, the first responder has 4 wheel drive, suspension and steering with working steering wheel? That would make it better than the Dakota wrecker from 1994, which was a great set. But that list looks like pure speculation rather than news. As for those looking for new parts, the more interesting new parts for any given year USUALLY first appear in the second half, but not always.

Yes, it´s clear there are 2 cycles for 1hy flagships - mid sized sportscars and aircraft. However, that does not oblige them to repeat exactly the same functions over and over on the cars. One could argue that the aircraft line has been more inventive in recent years; rescue chopper to cargo plane to heavy lift chopper to fighter jet with some interesting functions - within the scope of the models.

With cars, there is so much more that can be done than just doors, bonnet and spoiler. Milan´s 42039 B model proved that with the neat headlights. Heck, even the Kart and 40th anniversary cars have working engine gearboxes!

It looks like I´ll go a full year without buying any Technic sets as the summer ones don´t appeal much either. Guess I am spoiled from 2015´s wonderful summer range!

Just now, allanp said:

Those set descriptions sound good, the first responder has 4 wheel drive, suspension and steering with working steering wheel? That would make it better than the Dakota wrecker from 1994, which was a great set. But that list looks like pure speculation rather than news. As for those looking for new parts, the more interesting new parts for any given year USUALLY first appear in the second half, but not always.

I doubt it will be a 4x4 at that scale and price. Probably just the name.

Edited by valenciaeric