• Mack Black Graphite = Black
  • Gray Lacquer = DBG
  • Red Arctic = Dark red
  • White Liquid = White
  • Silver Mountain = Flat silver
  • Green Day Cab = Dark green
  • Cobalt Blue = Dark blue
  • Different

I spot seat panel 3x6x3 in white in the compactor!

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And since the Mack has the price of the Xerion I'm raising my hopes for dual tyres of the truck. That'd mean this set will have 14 wheels in total! I'm hoping TLG isn't stingy in this regard. It's a licensed truck after all, and the last licensed truck (Arocs) has proper dual tyres.  

I wouldn't raise my hopes too much, there doesn't seem to be dual tires by zooming at the prelim.

According to Argos and Smyth's websites, the older arocs in "boring" white and gray is still outselling the new PF tow truck in "dazzling" baby blue! Go to Smyth's website and order sets by popularity, arocs is ahead of tow truck, and when I went to the Argos website it showed that 7 arocs sets were ordered recently, while the tow truck had no orders in last 48 hours. Things for TLG to consider me thinks:

Colours do not mean a thing if the set itself is poor. 

BABY blue in whatever variant it's produced (any and all shades of light blue) is a crap colour that does not appeal to teenage boys looking for something "cool". Stick to regular or dark blue. If you must have a third shade of blue try metallic somewhere between regular and dark blue in small quantities, like the mudguards of an Ariel atom for example. 

Poor sets are like a Thomas the tank engine TV show that only appeals to kids. The colours are obnoxious and distracting, themes and ideas are overly simplified so that kids can understand, but it's inauthentic, its only reason to be is to distract the kids with nothing worthwhile while a parent does the dishes. Good sets are like Pixar movies, suitable for kids and also in many ways educational to kids whilst also being understandable and not afraid to present children with often quite complex and emotional themes and more mature and tasteful colour pallets. It's true that toys can't talk and trucks aren't made if Lego, but there's an undeniable authenticity to the emotional drive behind a Pixar movie and so they are also very much enjoyed by adults as well.

For me, growing up in the *ahem* 1960's, an iconic Mack truck would be something like a Mack B67, with the prominent bulldog hood ornament and side decorations.  I'd even call a Mack B-61 School Bus iconic.  But, we probably are getting one them new fangled fancy colored Anthem trucks instead.  Here's hoping for the B-model, though.

Edited by JGW3000

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Judging from TLG's recent track record, this thing's gonna be Cobalt Blue. :laugh:

That would look quite nice though :wub:

23 minutes ago, aminnich said:

https://misterbricks.nl/lego-technic-42078-mack-truck.html

On this website, after you translate, says that 42078 will be apart of a new theme?!?! What does that mean?  Are they just talking about the new licensing of MACK truck or are we getting something totally new??

I assume it just means that it is part of the category « New » on their website so that you get to see all new sets when selecting this category.

It looks like I'm cause of this new color amusement. Perhaps Cobalt Blue is the possible color due to recent history of 50 shades of blue :wink:

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

But, but, there are no hood mirrors in the silouhette D:

Hmm, maybe it will be the old Pinnacle after all?

27 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It looks like I'm cause of this new color amusement. Perhaps Cobalt Blue is the possible color due to recent history of 50 shades of blue :wink:

I think that Lego dark blue looks more like the cobalt blue on the Anthem. 

11947.png3798.png

@Kaanere first of all congratulation on "promotion" becoming Eurobricks knight, about blue color you could be right, dark blue; why not?

Perhaps it would be this model (new Pinnacle)

m-170913-mack-pinnacle-1.jpg

And it doesn't have mirrors on hood :wink:

4 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Perhaps it would be this model (new Pinnacle)

And it doesn't have mirrors on hood :wink:

I think that pic matches the silouette most. In the silhouette there's a noticeable gap between the front wheel arch and the bumper, and the truck in your pic seems to have that too.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think that pic matches the silouette most. In the silhouette there's a noticeable gap between the front wheel arch and the bumper, and the truck in your pic seems to have that too.

That is why I've posted this image. You remembered me about one crucial detail that I forgot for a few weeks - no hood mirrors. Only color could be different than on posted image :wink:

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Note that he antennas on the mirrors...

Again, I was looking on the wheels that I have at home, for me the best would be Model's Team... Look at scale of 5580....

7 hours ago, AOW said:

Note that he antennas on the mirrors...

Again, I was looking on the wheels that I have at home, for me the best would be Model's Team... Look at scale of 5580....

Yes those wheels would be perfect but as @Jim would say it is not a wishlist topic :wink:

From silluette on leaked images it looks like platform level is lower than level of the 5th wheel (or in this case 7th wheel :laugh:), so it is possible that trick has 62.4 wheels and trailer has 49.5 wheels but it is (so far) just my speculation...

33 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Yes those wheels would be perfect but as @Jim would say it is not a wishlist topic :wink:

I do not think that is a wishlist, rather observation :) Issue with other wheels a part of 62.4 is the fact that they are quite wide and that would look odd if the truck would have double tires at the back, especially with 49.5 - that what I said, the best in that scale would be the Model Team ones.... let's see in few months. :) 

Just now, AOW said:

I do not think that is a wishlist, rather observation :) Issue with other wheels a part of 62.4 is the fact that they are quite wide and that would look odd if the truck would have double tires at the back, especially with 49.5 - that what I said, the best in that scale would be the Model Team ones.... let's see in few months. :) 

That could make sense, but as you mentioned let's wait few months :wink:

I browsed brickset and found that there hasn't there been any set with double rear 49.5 wheels.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

So far none, at least in Technic. I don't think these tyres see much use outside of Technic or maybe Creator, and I don't remember seeing double these wheels on Creator sets either.

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I browsed brickset and found that there hasn't there been any set with double rear 49.5 wheels.

True, but on leaked image it is very hard to tell if rear wheels are double or single...and as already mentioned double 49.5 tires at the back will result the same width like with 62.4 tires (they both are 20 mm wide). Minimum width could be some 16 studs...and with 16 studs width I have feeling that 49.5 tires are to small (it would be 1:20 model) :look:

What about those from the Lo don Bus? They look quite as real truck wheels

Regards 

8 hours ago, AOW said:

What about those from the Lo don Bus? They look quite as real truck wheels

Regards 

They look good, but are 43.2 x 17 mm, so I'm guessing they are a bit to small