31 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

But I really don't think a gearbox or PF is necessary for the side loading container. Look at this:

The trailer can simply have 3 knobs that control 3 pairs of LAs in the back. The sets that have gearbox and are PF upgradable generally have only two functions, while this type of trailer has 3 functions. There could be the possibility that the cranes just use 1 pair of LAs and push through scissor lift structure though.

On the other hand, if it turns out to have built in PF I think it will be similar to the 42043 B model, with 4 functions: 2 of the cranes, 1 of the outriggers, 1 of the lending legs. However, given that this trailer is in a smaller scale than the 42043 B model trailer, I don't think this second possibility is very likely.

...perhaps it could be done with 1 LA and liftarms per container side and one gear rack from Arocs at front and end side of container, something like on smaller LEGO Excavators... who had 2 LA's and not 3 LA's

8294-0000-XX-12-1.jpg

Trailer can be made with smaller tires than on truck, example 62.4 on truck and 49.5 on trailer. In three month we will see final result, but designers are reading this speculations, so perhaps we will give them some idea...

I believe that they will use the small LA as per the picture size of the entire model. The upgrade to PF would be possible to improve play-ability of the set. That would be wonder ;) 

I only hope that they will not go with price/cut policy and make it, well less interested :)  

6 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

@I_Igor LOL I dont think our speculation has any effect on the set as the design must have been finalized by now.

Could be, but there is always a possibility for last minute update or even change :wink:

I'm on holiday so I haven't followed the topic. Excuse me for possibly double posting this info (from a Dutch site):

IMG_1708.PNG

It's odd to have "42084" amongst 4207x... could this mean an exclusive? If not, I'd say it's a polybag, but from what I remember polybags have reference numbers with more digits, plus they don't even have pricetags.

Strange indeed. Could be a mistake.

Or it's the first set of 2019 ;)

to go back to what you guys were talking about before.  I think that the Mack truck will be fully manual with the option of adding PF.  Like you guys said, a sleeper truck would give ample room for a BB.  The trailer with 3 knobs on the back IMO will look the cleanest, and still be function-able. 

Wait, isn't it really unusual that the official name of the Mack truck is simply... "Mack Truck"? I mean, previous licensed sets have official name as the official model code name of the real life machine it is based on, like "L350F", "3245", "EW160E"...

And here we have: Mack Truck. How original and descriptive! Shouldn't the alternative's official name be like, "Mack Truck B model" or "Mack Truck Alternative Model" also !

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I'm getting the fear now that the Mack truck will be small at that price.

No P.F. what so ever, pitty, was hoping at a good comeback after this year's disastrous set choice by TLG

Yeah I dont think the Mack need PF either. 

TLG seems to expand the range of racing things lately. Race car, race truck, race kart. This year we have race jet and tracked racer. Next year, race catamaran yacht. Lol what's next then. Race rocket, race helicopter, race loader, race excavator...

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Lol what's next then. Race rocket

Been there, done that, with the 42033. :wink:

Just now, aminnich said:

As long as they get out of the rainbow color scheme, I'm fine with that :grin:

Amen to that. Weird, one-of-a-kind colours may (sometimes) look nice on individual sets, but they're a pain to amass in sufficient quantity and variety for MOCs.

29 minutes ago, aminnich said:

As long as they get out of the rainbow color scheme, I'm fine with that :grin:

We have a lots of problems because if rainbow color these days (in the World) :laugh:

2 hours ago, Jim said:

I'm on holiday so I haven't followed the topic. Excuse me for possibly double posting this info (from a Dutch site):

IMG_1708.PNG

It's OK, we did not notice double post. Enjoy your holidays :wink:

So the 42039 equivalent is now degraded into second place of 1H, while the 42054 equivalent from 2H is now the flagship of 1H. TLG upped the ante this time. Good indication for even more outrageous prices in 2H.

15 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So the 42039 equivalent is now degraded into second place of 1H, while the 42054 equivalent from 2H is now the flagship of 1H. TLG upped the ante this time. Good indication for even more outrageous prices in 2H.

Or maybe they want to regulate prices between halves.

Oh, so that's what the 42075 is: First Responder. It must be like some sort of ambulance.

As for the Mack truck naming, they probably want to keep it hidden, like how the Porsche was the "Ultimate IP Car."

5 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Oh, so that's what the 42075 is: First Responder. It must be like some sort of ambulance.

As for the Mack truck naming, they probably want to keep it hidden, like how the Porsche was the "Ultimate IP Car."

I'd have to agree. Or maybe it's not an Anthem at all.

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the sets and prices:

• 42071: Seems to be in line with small set prices. ~$20, ~200 pieces
  • 42072 & 42073 About in line with pullback prices. The price in Euros would be about $25, but usually, Lego prices the sets in the US at the exact same number as the amount of Euros, and does not follow the exchange rate. ~$20, ~150 pieces each.
  • 42074: We can't see enough of this set to tell if it has 350 pieces or not. I find it kind of odd that going by the catalog images, this set has a larger box than 42075, even though that set is more expensive, and presumably has more pieces. If Lego makes new pieces for the sail, as opposed to sailcloth or plastic, I'm gonna scream. ~$35, ~350 pieces.
  • 42075: I can't believe that a 2 function set is this expensive. If Lego is wondering why they are having lower profits, it's things like this. I seriously have trouble justifying this set's price or size, but it could be surprising, as we only have one image to go on. ~$45, ~450 pieces.
  • 42076: Once again, I have trouble justifying the size and price of this set. It seems awfully small and crude for 750 pieces. Although, once again, it is just preliminary. ~$75, ~750 pieces.
  • 42077: This is where I think the price might be higher. I don't see this set as being only a thousand pieces. But, now that we have this info, I highly doubt it will have anything interesting under the hood. $100-$120, 1000-1200 pieces.
  • 42078: I have been vindicated. This set isn't small at all. At minimum this set is as big as 42054. Again, we have a price range now, but this set is either big or bigger. At the top end, this set might be the first non flagship to clear 2000 pieces. $170-$200, 1700-2000 pieces. Given how 8258 had only 1800 pieces, I can see a truck and trailer out of approx. that number.
  • 42084: In line with the small sets, but this is really out of place. The number would put it in 2019, as even if we have 4 2h sets, that leaves the flagship at 42082. Unless Lego is going to do more sets for 2h, but that is an unknown. ~$10, ~150 pieces.

Well, that's some information but not much more than we already knew. And, quick rant, I think Lego might be forgetting what Technic is, and means, and that might be causing them problems.

8 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I think it looks like fire truck / fire jeep which is first on fire scene, so first responder could be also that :look: 

4 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

this set might be the first non flagship to clear 2000 pieces.

42056 and 42069.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Just found some leaked pics (which i will noty post here)

The yacht looks visually appealing, no idea how interesting itll be technic wise though

The first responder is well... a bland looking pseudo military jeep/truck thing, unless it has some good parts, that's a skip for me

The hovercraft, meh.. another multi-vehicle set with a small $10 sized set to fill out the part count and make up for lacking features probably

The rally-car, now this is what i like, big car, flashy colours, and if its predecessors are anything to go by (42000, 42039), independent suspension. Im hoping for a transverse 4 inline and an AWD driveline with a 4 speed, but that might be too much to ask...