About the Mack truck, I was wondering how it would look with the Model Team tires? And you can do a double on the rear just like 5580 having pretty similar scale. Or just look at the 5591, does it look like a Mack to you too?

Also there was a "modern" Technic tire that look very similar to those old Model Team ones, I simply cannot recall it number now. 

What do you think?

Edited by AOW

39 minutes ago, AOW said:

About the Mack truck, I was wondering how it would look with the Model Team tires? And you can do a double on the rear just like 5580 having pretty similar scale. Or just look at the 5591, does it look like a Mack to you too?

Also there was a "modern" Technic tire that look very similar to those old Model Team ones, I simply cannot recall it number now.

9 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

There's also the smooth counterpart to that tyre, which was introduced in the Creator Expert London Bus (https://brickset.com/parts/6182551).

Some of those doubled up on the Mack truck would be absolutely perfect, but expecting 16-18 of them might be greedy, heh.

2 hours ago, Gnac said:

There's also the smooth counterpart to that tyre, which was introduced in the Creator Expert London Bus (https://brickset.com/parts/6182551).

Some of those doubled up on the Mack truck would be absolutely perfect, but expecting 16-18 of them might be greedy, heh.

Or maximum 14? You're right, probably to greedy...

I think of the Mack as a smaller 9397 Logging Truck. Even the 4 inline engine barely fits there so I dont think the Mack wo t have anything larger than that.

Lego has demonstrated that they are willing to include axle built engines in sets, as the 9393 B model had one, and that's probably how they'd be able to fit a straight six engine in the Mack. I don't think it's going to be as small as everyone thinks, though.

11 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Lego has demonstrated that they are willing to include axle built engines in sets, as the 9393 B model had one, and that's probably how they'd be able to fit a straight six engine in the Mack. I don't think it's going to be as small as everyone thinks, though.

Well, I hope it will be as big as 9397 or 8285, not a smaller scale. Don't want to buy small Technic trucks anymore, got to much beautiful big stuff, so putting a smaller truck in between, not an option for me.

If it is smaller than those two, I'll pass.

If you spent years on a project like they did, you would be very passionate about your work.  Plus, it is a bada$$ looking truck!  

What do you think? will the 2018 Mack truck be modeled after this one?

Since Lego had it as an outline, I'd say yes.

Also, here's why I'd say the truck is not that small. Recently, we've had a few sets that would have been flagship size, but were not. Therefore, there is the possibility of Lego releasing a set with 1800 or so pieces as a 1h flagship, but this isn't confirmation. This is just what I am speculating based on previous trends. The only confirmation of size and scale would be a picture of the truck clearly showing everything, which might or might not happen before the toy fairs.

I've been thinking about how TLG achieves the curves on the top of the cabin. Now that the Anthem has been revealed, the curves turn out to be very long towards the back. At first I thought TLG is gonna use the Arocs buckets, but the curves of the buckets no longer fit. So I'd bet on the 3x13 curved panels in black as the hypothenuses in the Pythagorean triangles 6 13 14.

6 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Since Lego had it as an outline, I'd say yes.

Also, here's why I'd say the truck is not that small. Recently, we've had a few sets that would have been flagship size, but were not. Therefore, there is the possibility of Lego releasing a set with 1800 or so pieces as a 1h flagship, but this isn't confirmation. This is just what I am speculating based on previous trends. The only confirmation of size and scale would be a picture of the truck clearly showing everything, which might or might not happen before the toy fairs.

The models of trucks with 49,5mm wheels can range from mid-scale to bigger scale quite well. It depends how many studs you put between the wheels. The overal shape works fine with 7-11 studs between pivot points of axles (13-15 studs cabin width) and I think the Mack will be 15 studs wide. I agree that it will be quite big but not monstrous like Arocs.

Mack company is actually owned by Volvo company, and since there was good cooperation between Lego and Volvo in the past (2014, 2016) this Mack model is somehow expected to continue this cool cooperation in 2018, between Lego and Volvo with thinking of American buyers this time. Of course, all fans around the world would also appreciate Mack model ...  

Didn't LEGO say they were going to do an ~iconic~ MACK truck? If so, how can it be a model that is yet to be released? Then again, I may have heard/remembered wrong.

Then againer, I can't really "picture" an iconic MACK truck to begin with. Maybe it's because I'm European, and not THAT much into trucks, but nevertheless I can picture iconic Freightliners or Peterbilts, for example.

Doesn't really matter: I'm looking forward to the set, and I'd be OK with whatever scale LEGO has chosen. I mean as long as they don't 42070'ize the prize  :).

Well seeing prices of sets going up again, this set has to be good to get anything over €150,- from me, the sets from this anniversary year are rubbish, last year's has two good sets, the Volvo and Claas, speaking for myself offcours, so it is time for a new good licenced set. But it has to have those 64.2 tires, if smaller, no go for me.

3 hours ago, AndroTech said:

Mack company is actually owned by Volvo company, and since there was good cooperation between Lego and Volvo in the past (2014, 2016) this Mack model is somehow expected to continue this cool cooperation in 2018, between Lego and Volvo with thinking of American buyers this time. Of course, all fans around the world would also appreciate Mack model ...  

We know that :thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

So it's called Mack Anthem!

650x366

2 hours ago, JimDude said:

Didn't LEGO say they were going to do an ~iconic~ MACK truck? If so, how can it be a model that is yet to be released? Then again, I may have heard/remembered wrong.

I supose that with "iconic" they mean Mack longnose trucks in general, not any specific model.

Edited by Kaanere

Mack's cab over trucks have a different look compared to other companies as well. Where I live, they are typically used for garbage trucks. 

Just now, Kaanere said:

So it's called Mack Anthem!

I supose that with "iconic" they mean Mack trucks in general, not any specific model.

Funny is that this one:

rsz_1mack_truckseries_terrapro_gallery5_

pops in my mind when Mack is mentioned.. Like JimDude said - all long nose trucks seems same to me

Just now, Ivan_M said:

Funny is that this one:

pops in my mind when Mack is mentioned.. Like JimDude said - all long nose trucks seems same to me

But sometimes "funny" real machines look very cool as models, so I'm looking forward to next year sets :wink: