Gee, go away on vacation for a week and look what happens!  I found the pics - and withholding comment until official images and/or toy show reports come in.  Clearly, these sets are targeted at the age-appropriate level.  I think the trash compactor is kind-of cool looking for a small set.

The MACK Truck is intriguing.  Probably a new design for MACK, since it is blacked-out, or LEGO has not finished the design yet.  Since the background is stacks of containers, the truck must be a ship-container hauler like we have running around in New Jersey.  Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the antenna looks like this piece: 25699 http://cache.lego.com/media/bricks/5/2/6164379.jpg  In which case the tires are quite small - same as 42024 as mentioned previously, consistent with being the largest of the 1H sets. 

2 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

I guess the MACK set will be a medium set comparable to the 42052 and 42066 sets. We may be expecting too much from this set ...

Agreed. Best not to keep our hopes up. We might get a wave like this past one.

4 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Anyone notice that the Rally Car uses the red CLAAS hubs?

Yes we did

but nice that you point that out...

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Anyone notice that the Rally Car uses the red CLAAS hubs?

Hmm... Did any better image leaked (who should I PM to?)? I realize that a rally car must have bright calipers, hubs, shock absorbers (as well as be covered by a lot of stickers), but can't see anything at the current image.

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Hmm... Did any better image leaked (who should I PM to?)? I realize that a rally car must have bright calipers, hubs, shock absorbers (as well as be covered by a lot of stickers), but can't see anything at the current image.

There is no better image, the Instagram user said so.

The wheels on the rally car look too small to be the class ones. Ide say it's the same wheel that fits in the tumbler front wheels perhaps.

Just now, allanp said:

The wheels on the rally car look too small to be the class ones. Ide say it's the same wheel that fits in the tumbler front wheels perhaps.

No, look at the panels above the wheels, they would be way out of scale.

55 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

No, look at the panels above the wheels, they would be way out of scale.

I'm trying to make an LDD replica of its livery and wheels (so far we don't have any belly shots or even features description) and exactly Claas rims perfectly fits into the given scale and panels size. I realize that I'm not allowed to post it so far, isn't it?

Just now, Void_S said:

I'm trying to make an LDD replica of its livery and wheels (so far we don't have any belly shots or even features description) and exactly Claas rims perfectly fits into the given scale and panels size. I realize that I'm not allowed to post it so far, isn't it?

You can post your LDD replica.

Well first half of 2018 looks same boring as second half of 2017.I dont know if there is strategy to aiming sets mostly towards kids.

Well Im not pesimistic at all, I must admit that Mack truck silhouette looks amazing.And for long time technic truck with trailer!Imagine amounts of possible trailers!

15 hours ago, Jim said:

You can post your LDD replica.

Thank you! Here is the very first draft (WIP, however the preliminary size is more ore less understandable) of the Rally Car: http://bricksafe.com/pages/Void_s/2018-sets

Update: made some additional progress with livery. I think that this model should be a combination of 42039 24h Le Man Car and 42050 Dragster, basing on the size. The black 20T gear at the roof is a HOG steering control, so there is no PF. And features could be:
- Steering (via HOG)
- Fake engine. Most probably 4L, but I don't know where it could be placed: there is not so much room under the front hood, and the engine could be placed only transversely (or the front suspension must be McPherson), or it could be placed in a roomy rear part with direct connection to the rear axle.

Edited by Void_S
Updated the LDD model

Since the introduction of pneumatic system v2 last year, we don't have any new set with pneumatics? Very strange. I dream of a pneumatic flagship this year.

Even if the dates weren't correct, it is odd that there was nothing pneumatic in 2017. I hope there is some stuff in 2H 2018 that is pneumatic,because there is no possibility of it in 1H 2018, unless the Mack trailer has it.. I don't think so, though, as it has no pneumatic system logo.

This is my first post on eurobricks. I've loved reading through some of the posts... 

Yes, 2018 is still a ways off, especially given the fact that the 2017 sets have only just been released. But my noobie 2 cents...

I'm a big VW fan, and would love to see TLG's Technic designers tackle a VW Baja Bug, or even something along the lines of Madoca1977's MOC design 'Baja Trophy Truck' (3662). 

maxresdefault.jpg

5 hours ago, Philbios said:

I'm a big VW fan, and would love to see TLG's Technic designers tackle a VW Baja Bug, or even something along the lines of Madoca1977's MOC design 'Baja Trophy Truck' (3662).

Hello and welcome to EB! :classic:

Please note that  this is a discussion topic about sets, we try to avoid posting what we would like to see. Otherwise, this topic would quickly turn into the wish-list topic, and actual set information would get invisible. Thanks!

On 9/1/2017 at 10:33 PM, Saberwing40k said:

Even if the dates weren't correct, it is odd that there was nothing pneumatic in 2017. I hope there is some stuff in 2H 2018 that is pneumatic,because there is no possibility of it in 1H 2018, unless the Mack trailer has it.. I don't think so, though, as it has no pneumatic system logo.

That is something what happened earlier when we thought that LA would replace pmeumatics...we shall wait few months and see...

@Philbios wellcome to Eurobricks

Edited by I_Igor

I went through all the posts and can't find either the pictures or who to ask for them. Can someone fill me in? Thank you. 

2 hours ago, gmshades said:

I went through all the posts and can't find either the pictures or who to ask for them. Can someone fill me in? Thank you. 

PM me.

Also congratulations on becoming count @I_Igor

29 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Also congratulations on becoming count @I_Igor

Thank you. Now I'm counting...:laugh:

Jim, is this the surprise for the 40th Anniversary of Lego Technic that you were talking about :) ?? 

"Wheels are spinning … get ready to celebrate 40 years of LEGO Technic! 1f382.png?1f389.png?1f388.png? Walk down memory lane with us when we are sending LIVE from the LEGO VAULTS, September 7 at 3pm GMT"