4 minutes ago, JimDude said:

One minor nitpick: the wheels are not about grip, they're all about pressure points (which is what you need if you want to compact something, in this case garbage)

Correct, the compactors usually has a special "spiked" wheels that shreds the landfill and release the gases providing the increased pressure instead of decreased like in case of low-pressure tires or tracks, that could be easily damaged by hard pieces. Shortly, it's just a crusher drums mounted instead of the wheels :classic:

BTW, what if this Catamaran yacht has a pull-back motor? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Correct, the compactors usually has a special "spiked" wheels that shreds the landfill and release the gases providing the increased pressure instead of decreased like in case of low-pressure tires or tracks, that could be easily damaged by hard pieces. Shortly, it's just a crusher drums mounted instead of the wheels :classic:

I drove by one today, beast machine! They are large, and very wide, and almost exactly like a wheel loader.

Edited by Aventador2004

I'm not interested in sets at all in general, but I'm interested in recolors, new parts and reintroduction of colors not produced in long times. 2017 was quite good in recolors but it was lacking new parts. Prelims are also showing some nice recolors and comeback of certain colors, I hope there are some nice new parts as well

5 hours ago, AOW said:

By the shape of the image of Mack truck, do we know which official model it could be? 

My best guess is Pinnacle axle-back sleeper:

l-class8-mack-pinnacle-1.jpg

Thank you Kaanere. 

I wonder, will this set have silver rims, similar to those which were used in 8285, or gray which are in common use? Double tire at the rear axle? In theory it should have as this is gonna be a licence set so should have 10 62.4x20 tires. The trailer then? Which wheels you think will have? 43.2x22 ZR or 49,5x20 ? 

Do you think pneumatic or linear actuator? 

Regards

For the ones, who guess which Mack model will it be: https://www.macktrucks.com/newmack/

What a coincidence, right? :wink:

I think it will be based on 49,5x20 tires-comparing the silhouettes the parts (antenna, mirror). @steph77 proved already, that beautiful and very functional trucks can be built in that scale.

Spoiler

jPEN71.jpg

Edited by agrof

22 minutes ago, agrof said:

What a coincidence, right? :wink:

I would bet you are right. If they have some new car in the sleeves, that would make the most sense to make Lego version of that. 

And the most crutial question now: is there going to be a dog on the hood? Which one? There is city dog which is wrong breed, and there is Duplo dog which is totally wrong scale. New Bulldog mold?  :classic:

Edited by J_C

2 hours ago, J_C said:

And the most crutial question now: is there going to be a dog on the hood? Which one? There is city dog which is wrong breed, and there is Duplo dog which is totally wrong scale. New Bulldog mold?  :classic:

Maybe the one from CMFs?

I'm not sure that the Power Miners wheels on the compactor will work on anything other than carpet. That'll decrease the playability.

Edited by Maaboo35

4 hours ago, J_C said:

The chihuahua mould is the most simillar to the dog, but wrong breed (again). So I supose it could either be that or brick-built.

6102951.jpg

2 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

Maybe the one from CMFs?

oh, cool! I did not know it existed at all. That will do for Mack dog! 

Výsledek obrázku pro cmf dog lego french guy

2 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

The chihuahua mould is the most simillar to the dog, but wrong breed (again). So I supose it could either be that or brick-built.

@dimaks13 solved it.

Sorry to post an irrelevance to this topic, but I'm new and can't work out how to start a new thread / post. I've emailed the site but had no reply. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you! :-) 

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

I'm not sure that the Power Miners wheels on the compactor will work on anything other than carpet. That'll decrease the playability.

Ideal for kids with messy rooms!

I've gotta admit, as basic as 42084 Hook Loader looks, I really dig it. It has that 80s cabover truck appearance, and the rugged off-road looking tyre treads really suit it. It looks far better than the truck in 42060.

22 hours ago, Laltr said:

Sorry to post an irrelevance to this topic, but I'm new and can't work out how to start a new thread / post. I've emailed the site but had no reply. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you! :-) 

Welcome to EB.

You can start new topic by clicking on the "Start new topic" on the upper right corner on main Technic page.

On ‎25‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 10:36 PM, Maaboo35 said:

They may add a rubber-tired wheel in the middle of the each axle, like they did for a tracked (with new plastic tracks) vehicle in City series (volcano explorer, ore something like that). The trick is that the rubber wheel actually grips, not the plastic tracks (with no rubber attachments). However I don't thick that there is enough free space for the wheels inside the chassis, so carpert or heap of random parts (kind of a junkyard) is a preferred surface. By the way, it could be interesting if this compactor can easily moves over the area, covered by small parts.

About the Mack truck - either this will be the new model (which we have not seen yet) or this one from the existing fleet :
https://www.macktrucks.com/trucks/pinnacle-series/pinnacle-sleeper/

Looks nice, very nice. It has 10 wheels and all in Chrome - wonder if Lego will go 100% into the licence. Engine is L6 :) 

If this is really Uwe who will be the designer than he will have opportunity to improve his image after the 42070 :) 

I had the impression flagship sets are normally introduced in the second half of the year. If this is true, I guess the MACK set will be a medium set comparable to the 42052 and 42066 sets. We may be expecting too much from this set ...

1 hour ago, WvG_853 said:

I had the impression flagship sets are normally introduced in the second half of the year. If this is true, I guess the MACK set will be a medium set comparable to the 42052 and 42066 sets. We may be expecting too much from this set ...

I don't think we are expecting too much from it, but it will certainly not be the flagship. As you mentioned, it will most likely be a medium set with usual size for 1H flagships. I imagine it to be similar to 9397, but with more parts, more advanced functions and better looks. 

@WvG_853, yeah, usually such sets are likely "H1 flagships" that means a middle-to-big size model with some PF or PF-compatible features, but not so tasty and impressive as in the real flagship. So far I expect the second encountering of 42024 Container Truck with the same wheels, but long-nose licensed truck and a semi-trailer featured by side outriggers like 42070 has. Anyway, let's wait and see...