11 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Looks like most of the leaked pic have been taken down, as they're no longer available on Instagram real or ripoff. Fortunately I've saved the leak Technic pic.

Edited by Alegomind

EDIT: there was a post here, now there isn't.

Edited by Gnac

11 minutes ago, LvdH said:

The whole page is taken down I believe. 

Nope, just the pictures. But they started leaking again.

EDIT: I have a screenshot of the reveal. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you, but if you want to see it, PM?

If I can't say that stuff let me know so I can edit this post.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

A european side loader, on the scale of 42043, and another farming vehicle to join the claas.

H

I love the sound of here sets, especially the Mack Truck. I'm guessing that these will be the 1h sets and that there are no rumours about the 2h sets, correct me if I'm wrong. 

More leaks on Instagram!

There is a big-ish rally car, a small-ish fire SUV, a small catamaran and a mid-size ferry-hovercraft thing.

4 minutes ago, Globemaster8 said:

I love the sound of here sets, especially the Mack Truck. I'm guessing that these will be the 1h sets and that there are no rumours about the 2h sets, correct me if I'm wrong. 

Yes.

I hope the final blue and white colour scheme for the Rally Car's livery is more coherent without relying too much on stickers to do that. I never apply stickers to my builds, so I was pleasantly surprised that 42039 still looked good without. Also, It's nice to see that the Rally Car appears to have a roll cage made with some of these:

6176298.jpg

11 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

There is a big-ish rally car, a small-ish fire SUV, a small catamaran and a mid-size ferry-hovercraft thing.

22 minutes ago, Globemaster8 said:

Account name?

EDIT: I have screenshotted the second reveal as well. PM to see, just like the first.

My thoughts on the sets:

Rally car: Ouch. Looks pretty bad. Doubt there's gonna be a transmission. Some thing new though.

Boat with small car: I'm fond of these 2-vehicle sets. The boat looks quite nice, the car quite crude but a good touch. Reminiscent of the 42025 b model.

Catamaran: I can't see a single possible function on it.

Truck. Not bad for a small set. Could be better; hopefully will be.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

Seems that the tires presented at 42084 is a "child" of the following ones, basing on the size and shape (and treads pattern):

58090.jpg(30x14mm) and 4288.gif

E.g. something like "30x14 Offset Tread rounded"

@Gnac, yes, probably. There is a lot of "offset treads" already exists, so it could be just pointless to make a new one. By the way, I think that Blue-While livery of the Rally car looks so "Red Bull"-ish. Isn't it?

Truck: Looks ok, but that DBG panel in the back is out of place. Couldn't they just use another red one to match the truck?

Boat with small car: Looks good, I like it.

Catamaran: Hard to see but looks really good, but from a distance. Hopefully it will look good up close.

Rally car: Exactly what I wanted. It is awesome, I will definitely get it. But I think in some places the colors should be changed.

I'm still excited the most to see that Mack truck. I also still think 2016 was the peak of Technic, and 2018 isn't on par with the quality of that years' sets. But I could be wrong, I'll have to wait until they are released.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Just now, Offroadcreat1ons said:

But the color vomit ruins it.

The entire bodywork, you mean?

2 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I also still think 2016 was the peak of Technic

Agreed. I doubt we'll have another wave of that quality.

3 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I think that Blue-While livery of the Rally car looks so "Red Bull"-ish. Isn't it?

I can certainly see some inspiration from past liveries:

Hyundai-Veloster-Rallye-Car-474x316-3242

HondaF.jpg

This is why I wonder if it's going to depend on stickers to smooth out the lines. Of course, the design will probably also change between now and release. I like the general shape of it, so I hope that doen't change too much. And it would be nice to have some more blue 5x11 flat panels (as long as they don't get "designed out")!

Looking at the other sets in the terrible quality photo, I will say that the rally car looks like trash. Any functions for it? Maybe the hood opens, an adjustable rear wing? HoG for sure, possible suspension.

For the car ferry/hovercraft thing? I think the flex axles in white are 11 or 12L ones from the scale. It appears to have mini tanker truck on it. Not getting it.

I couldn't care less about the other fire/rescue vehicle. Although, it may be worth getting if it has the new-style sting on its winch...

As for the catamaran... I cannot think of any functions besides rolling wheels and a turning sail... Hopefully it will have some #21 and #22 lime panels...

16 hours ago, Cumulonimbus said:

Mack licenced truck -> cool

8258 scale tractor -trailer combination -> very cool

Side loading container trailer -> off the scale cool

For those who are not familiar with this type of trailer, on of those:

ch603_sideload_container_lg.jpg

The truck would have to be something like this, wouldn't it?  Look at the background of the photo. All stacks of containers.....

1 hour ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

The entire bodywork, you mean?

Actually, I just think that for some pieces the color should be changed, e.g., the panel in front of the front wheel with the DBG 7L liftarm behind it. I admit, in retrospect my first post was a bit rash, so I edited it. Honsetly, this set is exactly what I've wanted for a long time.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

I hope it will too, but I'm not confident that the design will change much. Many Technic sets as of late seem to suffer from the same halfhearted design which is quite sad. Just a bunch of sloppily assembled panels and stickers with hardly any thought about what goes on inside. Making something gigantic or throwing ten different colors at it does not make it special.

37 minutes ago, therealjustin said:

I hope it will too, but I'm not confident that the design will change much. Many Technic sets as of late seem to suffer from the same halfhearted design which is quite sad. Just a bunch of sloppily assembled panels and stickers with hardly any thought about what goes on inside. Making something gigantic or throwing ten different colors at it does not make it special.

Sums up lego technic quality currently. I miss the 8043, 42009, and the 42000 quality products.

A lot of you are talking about the rally car, which is fine, I am just more curious about the MACK truck.  I would think that it uses the newer gear racks for out riggers similar to how 42070 uses them, so that kind of gives us an idea of the size of the model.  Some of you have said that you do not think that the model will be pf, which I agree, it does not look like it has enough room for the entire thing to be remote controlled.  

We do not know anything for sure about any of these new released/leaked photos of the 2018 sets, but for the MACK truck in particular, what would you like to see happen to it? What size tires? PF? All mechanical? Do you like the trailer idea? I want to know your opinions about this truck.  It has me very excited, possibly even more than 42009.... nah, who m I kidding, I love that set.