if someone can make happen that I will see something I am not supposed to see yet (e.g. PM me) I will deny that it ever happened. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

That Mack looks awesome! Can't wait to see it for real. :wub:

The rest of the sets look a bit crap. The Compactor looks novel, but I think it could have been done better. A Pedersen job, by the looks of things. The hooklifter - again, novel as we haven't seen much of those, but it looks gappy and half-baked. The two pullbacks have the same function as two of the early Drome Racers sets, the Slammer Raptor and Power Crusher, so it's all been done before, really.

But Mack truck! Mack truck! :sweet:

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Finaly some useful information about 2018 sets. Thank you @Jim for starting coreect topic and not some bla-bla-bla miningless discussion. Nice trailer on Mack (or could it be Mercedes Zetros???) btw

Is this an April Fool's joke? I am missing the point of this discussion!

Where is the source information?

Andy D

Thank you. ("you" means nobody specific :wink: )

Edited by J_C

The four small sets are all pretty blah, even by the standards of other small sets, the pullback racers in particular.

42071: Compacter bulldozer, uses the wheels BusterHaus posted. It is blue, with some orange and dark gray. I see a 5x11 panel in dark gray(?) as the dozer blade, and there are some blue small track sprockets as wheel decoration. Another piece in a new color is a smooth 3L axle joiner in white as an exhaust pipe. 

42072: This set is named Whack!, exclamation point original. Looks very unfinished, and not too exciting. Has a grand total of four lime parts, none of which are new. It does have the fairly new 3x7 curved panels as the spoiler, though.

42073: This set is named Bash!, exclamation point original. Also looks really bad and unfinished. Both this set and 42072 have an ejecting engine gimmick, for reasons. At least has an interesting recolor, the 3x7 curved panels in red.

42084: (*record scratch* Wait, what? must be a typo.) A little red truck with a roll off dump bed, and steering. Really boxy and unfinished looking. Meh.

42078: Now we're getting somewhere. The model is shown blacked out, but I can tell it is a longnose truck with a sleeper, pulling a sideload container trailer. The trailer uses the telescopic rack pieces as outriggers, but sadly only has single tires. According to the catalog page, it is a Mack truck, and has a January release. *record scratch* Wait, what? That means that what we have here is NOT the 2018 flagship. Kind of makes you wonder what that would be, if the 1st half flagship is this, as I think the truck and trailer would be 2000 parts, easy.

11 minutes ago, Saberwing40k said:

The four small sets are all pretty blah, even by the standards of other small sets, the pullback racers in particular.

42071: Compacter bulldozer, uses the wheels BusterHaus posted. It is blue, with some orange and dark gray. I see a 5x11 panel in dark gray(?) as the dozer blade, and there are some blue small track sprockets as wheel decoration. Another piece in a new color is a smooth 3L axle joiner in white as an exhaust pipe. 

42072: This set is named Whack!, exclamation point original. Looks very unfinished, and not too exciting. Has a grand total of four lime parts, none of which are new. It does have the fairly new 3x7 curved panels as the spoiler, though.

42073: This set is named Bash!, exclamation point original. Also looks really bad and unfinished. Both this set and 42072 have an ejecting engine gimmick, for reasons. At least has an interesting recolor, the 3x7 curved panels in red.

42084: (*record scratch* Wait, what? must be a typo.) A little red truck with a roll off dump bed, and steering. Really boxy and unfinished looking. Meh.

42078: Now we're getting somewhere. The model is shown blacked out, but I can tell it is a longnose truck with a sleeper, pulling a sideload container trailer. The trailer uses the telescopic rack pieces as outriggers, but sadly only has single tires. According to the catalog page, it is a Mack truck, and has a January release. *record scratch* Wait, what? That means that what we have here is NOT the 2018 flagship. Kind of makes you wonder what that would be, if the 1st half flagship is this, as I think the truck and trailer would be 2000 parts, easy.

Where are the photos being discussed?

Andy D

Are those wheels on the hook loader new in technic line-up? Probably already used in city or creator, but I'm not into those themes...

I hope it is regular blue on the compactor, but apart from sprocket doesn't seem like there is any part that is new in blue. At first glance I see no new parts at all...

As with current year, more system parts into technic (like the compactor cabin). Good for getting kids from city to technic I guess, but not my cup of tea...

As for the Mack truck, judging by the size of the antennas in the silhouette, it doesn't seem very big. I would guess somewhere in the scale of 42008, or even 8071. Definately not 8258 or Arocs scale...

Edited by Rudivdk
Thoughts on Mack added

Pictures? What Pictures? I want to see something.

It's not fair, talking about pictures some of you have seen, we can't, so stop teasing!!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, Dafgek81 said:

Pictures? What Pictures? I want to see something.

It's not fair, talking about pictures some of you have seen, we can't, so stop teasing!!!!!!!

Since I can't post the picture here, I can put the link right? https://www.instagram.com/p/BYEu5Lvg3sO/?taken-by=lego_peru

Well well well, I intend to get the 42043 for the B model next month, because I've been dying to have a tractor truck with a long trailer. And look what we have here: a MACK truck with a trailer for next year. Dunno if I should still get the 42043 as it will be phased out by the end of this year.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Well I am not spending any more money on lego for the next year. The Mack truck is looking mighty fine. Don't let me down LEGO!! 

Edited by aminnich

2 hours ago, Andy D said:

Is this an April Fool's joke? I am missing the point of this discussion!

Where is the source information?

Andy D

That was what I was pointing...

2 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

42084: (*record scratch* Wait, what? must be a typo.

I don't think it's a typo because the number in the box below is also 42084. This could mean the MACK truck is not the set with highest number among 2018 1H despite being most likely to be the 1H flagship.

Well.... Based off the preliminary images, I will say

1. 42071 Dozer Compactor:  It looks pretty good. There are small sprocket wheels in blue! And a 5x11 panel in dark bluish gray! I will probably be getting this set.

2. 42072 WHACK!: Another little pull-back racer, this time it has the one function of losing its engine when it crashes...  No new parts or re-colors that I can see. Maybe I'll pick this one up.

3. 42073 BASH!: Same as the 42072 WHACK! but with different tires and minor differences in the bodywork. And it is red. Lime wins! I will not buy this set.

4. 42078 Mack truck: Odd, the last word is not capitalized... Anyway, from what I can see this looks like it will be pretty good. Large, detailed and it has a side-loader trailer with a container.

5. 42084 Hook Loader: Another red vehicle... It has HoG steering and (apparently) a hook function to pick up the little container it comes with. Hard to tell with the "Confidential" stamp.

Now, I think there is something wrong with the numbers here... Unless "42084" is a typo, then there is huge jump in the numbers that makes no sense. If it was the Mack Truck, maybe it would be possible, but not for this little set. So I am leaning towards this being a typo.

Also, if 42084 is a typo, that leaves 42075, 42076 in this series. More missing sets.... Get your act together Lego!

Final Note: My overall impression here is that Lego is rushing out some small sets (<$30) and having one large, realistic, sponsored set. All of which are due to be launched in January of 2018.

I know it is not perfect place, but since I cannot load big enough images on my mobile phone, it looks here that we have some city version of CLAAS Xerion, but I can not see f there are tractor tires or ordimary 56 x 26 baloons. here is a link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYEZ3Hbg1Et/

I ask this because it looks like new tire for 30 x 20 wheel. If moderator want they can move it to general parts ... forum

Thank you

Edited by I_Igor

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Does anyone here feel that TLG is skimping on the smaller sets in favour of work on the flagships recently?

I quite agree. And the "flagship" set for 2017, the atrocious 42070 was just pathetic... I would like to have some smaller sets worth buying so I don't have to blow all my money on a monster set.

@I_Igor Those are ordinary balloon tires. :cry3:

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
Added comment

I'd bet that this MACK truck is another creation of the same Uwe Wabra, and has singe rear tyre axles. If it has PF the BBox would be in the truck and the M motor would be in the trailer, connecting in the same manner as that of 42043 B model. 

Don't you find it strange that releasing the MACK right 4 months after the 42070 would probably cannibalize the sales of 42070?

2 minutes ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Don't you find it strange that releasing the MACK right 4 months after the 42070 would probably cannibalize the sales of 42070?

Yes, exactly. This is why I think the Mack truck will come with 49,5mm tires, no PF at all and piece count ~1700 for target price 130-150€ (RRP). It would be cool if it comes with new more narrow tire to acompany current 49,5mm tire.

2 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

As for the Mack truck, judging by the size of the antennas in the silhouette, it doesn't seem very big. I would guess somewhere in the scale of 42008, or even 8071. Definately not 8258 or Arocs scale...

Indeed it could be a set with highest number of 49.5 x 20 tires so far in technic lineup...and a sleeper cab could contain battery box

1 minute ago, Ivan_M said:

Yes, exactly. This is why I think the Mack truck will come with 49,5mm tires, no PF at all and piece count ~1700 for target price 130-150€ (RRP). It would be cool if it comes with new more narrow tire to acompany current 49,5mm tire.

The guys and gals on the French Techlug.fr  say something very similar. Might be very feasible if you consider the new tires on the Creator London bus. I was trying to figure out the scale based on the antennas on the mirrors, but I can't say how big it will be. Even if it is the same scale as the 42024 truck, it will be an awesome truck.

Looks like most of the leaked pic have been taken down, as they're no longer available on Instagram real or ripoff. Fortunately I've saved the leak Technic pic.