TeufelHund

Lego 60th Anniversary sets 2018

Very late this year, but better than never, here comes some - bad - news:

The “building bigger thinking“ sets are all only packs of bricks and no real sets (like many of us hoped). They seem to include a lot of special (but not neccessarily new) elements and will therefore be interesting for MOCers nevertheless.

So it seems as if TLG planed to release real anniversary sets only as Exclusives. That's really a pity.

This was bad news yes, unless they are jam-packed with animal moulds this is an easy pass for me :cry_sad:

7 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Very late this year, but better than never, here comes some - bad - news:

The “building bigger thinking“ sets are all only packs of bricks and no real sets (like many of us hoped). They seem to include a lot of special (but not neccessarily new) elements and will therefore be interesting for MOCers nevertheless.

So it seems as if TLG planed to release real anniversary sets only as Exclusives. That's really a pity.

Wait, have images of these been released or is this a description from a certain source? What sort of "special elements" are in these packs?

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

The “building bigger thinking“ sets are all only packs of bricks and no real sets (like many of us hoped).

Interesting. Are they only being released in "classic" colours (e.g. red, blue, white and yellow)? Or is there some other point of differentiation from the standard Creator boxes of assorted bricks?

God I hope these brick packs have better pieces than those Creator Buckets and whatnot. I need more greebles, tiles and functional elements rather  than simple darn bricks and slopes!

On 19.10.2017 at 1:45 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Wait, have images of these been released or is this a description from a certain source? What sort of "special elements" are in these packs?

E. g. in one set I remember a pirate's boss' hut and in another some pieces for a castle fassade.

On 20.10.2017 at 9:38 AM, Agent 86 said:

Interesting. Are they only being released in "classic" colours (e.g. red, blue, white and yellow)? Or is there some other point of differentiation from the standard Creator boxes of assorted bricks?

Apart from the biggest one which seems to be a red plastic box, the others are in packed in regular boxes. And yes, they do have classic colors, but mixed on each box - when I remember correctly.

Just now, Klaus-Dieter said:

E. g. in one set I remember a pirate's boss' hut and in another some pieces for a castle fassade.

Kind of like the inspiration models suggested in Classic theme buckets, with no minifigures?

Just now, Klaus-Dieter said:

And yes, they do have classic colors, but mixed on each box - when I remember correctly.

So no Earth or Sand colors? Any unusual or unique parts at least?

Maybe they'll bring back some of the classic style space stuff. I'd like to see that, especially the trans yellow windows. I'm very interested to see what will be in these sets. I suppose LEGO will try and keep this a secret for as long as possible. 

On 19/09/2017 at 11:13 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Now my speculation: 10405 red brick bucket is probably a 100+ USD set, 10404 around 60-100 USD, 10401 around 10-20 USD. 

I hope this is wrong because I don't want to be spending $150 for a red bucket.

On 01/11/2017 at 11:01 AM, Lego_Talk said:

I hope this is wrong because I don't want to be spending $150 for a red bucket.

Nobody force you to purchase it.

Edited by Timoonn

This could be a good thing, not what we expect nor what we wanted, but I far as I know there will also be classic sets in 2018 (4 according to brickset).This leads me to think that the variety of bricks included will vary drastically. Take look at a classic set, lets say set number 10703 aka Creative Builder Box.tn_10703_alt1_jpg.jpg

this set is mostly basic bricks in basic colours but does have some more interesting parts when you look within the plain facade but they are almost all rather large parts, so perhaps the anniversary sets could have smaller parts with more colour variety, may even introduce a few new recolours (prints maybe?) , this would be great for moccers ,maybe not everyone else but still I'm optimistic.  

3 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

So perhaps the anniversary sets could have smaller parts with more colour variety, may even introduce a few new recolours (prints maybe?) , this would be great for moccers ,maybe not everyone else but still I'm optimistic.  

I certainly hope so, and that is what @Klaus-Dieter basically said would be the case with these sets. Since they pertain to the System's sixtieth anniversary, I'd imagine the sets would include a broad variety of bricks which showcase both parts of currently existing colors of historical significance and many parts considered milestones to TLG.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Just now, Timoonn said:

BBT sets are now named on BS database

I am... skeptical :wacko:

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! :thumbup:

The biggest set, 10405, is called Mission to Mars? Very interesting. :oh: 

Also, 10402 Fun Future sounds quite intriguing.

Very interesting. Some of these (e.g. Mission to Mars and Ocean's Bottom) seem to be quite ... "specific". I guess they include special elements relevant to the general "theme" (e.g. Mission to Mars has space elements and Ocean's Bottom has underwater / oceanic / aquatic elements). I look forward to seeing these revealed.

1 hour ago, Timoonn said:

BBT sets are now named on BS database

I am... skeptical :wacko:

This is certainly - unexpected! It sounds a bit like hit or miss, but we will find out. I was hoping for something castle-ish, though.

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But everything is brick-built in these sets, right?

Yes, the most specialized parts are basic minifigure hairs and the apple piece. 

9 minutes ago, x105Black said:

It would be nice if the Ocean one had sea creatures, but I doubt it will.

Just Brick-built ones by the box art. The box art in general for these sets all seem to be ignoring the name of the set, with only one object fitting the theme per set.