TeufelHund

Lego 60th Anniversary sets 2018

I just saw the leaked page in the 2018 retailer catalogue. There are no images but there are box outlines and the sets range from quite large down to quite small (including a large red rectangular bucket), so sadly it doesn't look like they're going to be UCS style sets.

As well as the bucket there should be one set each from the Town, Space, Castle and Pirates themes, but as to which is getting a small set and which a larger one, there's no new info yet.

13 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

I just saw the leaked page in the 2018 retailer catalogue. There are no images but there are box outlines and the sets range from quite large down to quite small (including a large red rectangular bucket), so sadly it doesn't look like they're going to be UCS style sets.

As well as the bucket there should be one set each from the Town, Space, Castle and Pirates themes, but as to which is getting a small set and which a larger one, there's no new info yet.

Is this confirmed? Source?

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

I believe it's speculation.

Okay. Personally I don't believe these will be themed. I'm guessing they are just generic boxes of bricks.

I do believe the red box will be a bunch of bricks, while the other four sets are for Space, Town, Pirates, and Castle.

Besides that, I also do believe we should get another new town square for City in the summer of 2018.

32 minutes ago, danth said:

Okay. Personally I don't believe these will be themed. I'm guessing they are just generic boxes of bricks.

There are also classic brick buckets in the same catalogue so if they are just parts I hope its a more varied lot than you'd get in classic.

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

There are also classic brick buckets in the same catalogue so if they are just parts I hope its a more varied lot than you'd get in classic.

We already have classic in 2018 too, so only the big red brick box should be for bricks.

22 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Are you speculating, or do you have a source? :look:

If you do have legitimate information, do you know if this is an entirely new theme, or are they sets spanning across various preexisting themes entied to the System's 60th anniversary?

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Are you speculating, or do you have a source? :look:

If you do have legitimate information, do you know if this is an entirely new theme, or are they sets spanning across various preexisting themes entied to the System's 60th anniversary?

I think it's speculation got out of hand.

If you have Instagram, find a person named lego_peru  they have the catalog up as well as the UCS MF

TLG has asked Lego Peru to take down the pics of the catalog, so I assume that is where Teufel saw the catalog.  That is where I saw it as well.  So I would say it is confirmed though.

I think Just2Good or Sir Von Lego mentioned that there would be one set from each of the Pirates, Castle, Space & Town themes. The leaked catalog had outlines of the sets of various sizes but no images. 

If that is the case I hope they are in this order (smallest to biggest): Space, town, castle and pirates :grin:

If the rumors are true, I would like the order to be Town, Space, Pirates, Castle.  Castle as the biggest, obviously.  I expect this not to be the case.

6 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

I think Just2Good or Sir Von Lego mentioned that there would be one set from each of the Pirates, Castle, Space & Town themes. 

Was this maybe the source of that suggestion? This video by @just2good covers the initial rumor originally reported by SvL, and J2G merely guesses that various themes SvL said this line covers would be those four classic themes (Space, Castle, Town, Pirates). 

On 23-8-2017 at 0:40 AM, Nexo Bricks said:

We already have classic in 2018 too, so only the big red brick box should be for bricks.

I wonder how Lego is going to make an anniversary edition out of a standard bucket of bricks? 

35 minutes ago, Humdrum said:

I wonder how Lego is going to make an anniversary edition out of a standard bucket of bricks? 

Most people are thinking that it will only be a commemorative set simply because they may throw some sort of gold/silver/chromed/engraved brick in there, like they have in the past in some instances. :sceptic:

But, the best I could hope for would be a brick bucket completely filled with preexisting parts in all new, highly desirable recolors. The second best possibility would be a bucket of parts in specific colors already produced but that are rare and/or hard to find.

Thank you all very much for the info so far! :classic:

Hm, an anniversary set in the City theme makes sense since this theme still exists. But Space, Castle and Pirates? As Exclusives, yes. But for regular selling?

In any case I hope that we will get updated versions of classic sets or at the best completely new sets with classic atmosphere. Re-releasing sets would imo be very disappointing.

In regard to the rumors, What could be more classic than a Pirate ship, a castle, a spaceship and a downtown set?

Those would be my 4 guesses, if this is true.

Maybe updated versions of these sets:

Spoiler

Image result for lego pirate shipImage result for lego castle yellowRelated imageImage result for lego town set 80's

I completely agree with you, Robert8!

There is only one problem: All these three sets would be located between 70 and 100 Euros. And I remember having read that the smallest set shall be around five til ten Euros. Consequently there could be maximum one large set like the ones you mention, but for sure not three.

Maybe we're all wrong and the 60th anniversary sets turn out as special Classic sets.

I'd like to add some facts to this thread, based on the catalog: 

Theme Name: Building Bigger Thinking 
Sets: 10405 (red brick bucket with 2x4 brick shape), 10404 to 10401 (gradually smaller "set shaped" boxes, not shaped like creator brick boxes). 

Release Date: January 2018

Tagline: "Get Ready to Celebrate 60 Years of Creativity and Building Bigger Thinking!"

Also note the 60 years logo looks just like the 50 years logo on the Town Plan anniversary set. 

Now my speculation: 10405 red brick bucket is probably a 100+ USD set, 10404 around 60-100 USD, 10401 around 10-20 USD. I'm not sure it will be a legends type remake of old sets, given the theme "building bigger thinking," although that would "celebrate 60 years of creativity." I don't think it will be brick boxes besides the obvious one either. I think it may be something more unique, maybe all the sets will combine in some way? 

Edited by Vorkosigan

On 9/17/2017 at 2:27 PM, Vorkosigan said:

I'd like to add some facts to this thread, based on the catalog: 

Theme Name: Building Bigger Thinking 
Sets: 10405 (red brick bucket with 2x4 brick shape), 10404 to 10401 (gradually smaller "set shaped" boxes, not shaped like creator brick boxes). 

Release Date: January 2018

Tagline: "Get Ready to Celebrate 60 Years of Creativity and Building Bigger Thinking!"

Also note the 60 years logo looks just like the 50 years logo on the Town Plan anniversary set. 

Now my speculation: 10405 red brick bucket is probably a 100+ USD set, 10404 around 60-100 USD, 10401 around 10-20 USD. I'm not sure it will be a legends type remake of old sets, given the theme "building bigger thinking," although that would "celebrate 60 years of creativity." I don't think it will be brick boxes besides the obvious one either. I think it may be something more unique, maybe all the sets will combine in some way? 

Thanks for compiling this information for all those that haven't seen the catalog! :thumbup:

I have to say though, I can't really see the theme name of this line being "Building Bigger Thinking". But, even Brickset has that name down for their entry for the five sets:shrug_confused:

If anything, I think that happens to be the moto branding of this line as opposed to the theme name. Having said that though, we actually still don't know whether this is an all new theme or just a mere 60th anniversary branding of five sets from several different preexisting themes.