TeufelHund

Lego 60th Anniversary Rumoured Pirate set predictions

It seems Lego may be producing five 60th Anniversary Lego sets next year including one each in the Town, Castle, Space and Pirate themes.

If these were all UCS that would be great. I would suspect Lego will produce a Pirate ship as these seem to come out on a regular basis so must sell ok. I think a UCS generic pirate ship would be great, as they've never down that before. A pirate town or islander "island" might also be possibilities but I think the ship would be more likely.

Of course, we could just get a remaster of a past system set which would be a little disappointing.

EDIT: I just looked at the leaked retailer's catalogue for 2018 and the 60th Anniversary sets come in a variety of box sizes (no pictures of the sets yet) from quite large down to small, so no chance they're UCS sets. The largest size could be a pirate ship I guess (or a castle).

Edited by TeufelHund

I'm pretty sure it's the 30th anniversary of Pirates in 2019. :look:

They could do a BSB. :pir-classic:
...again. :look:

28 minutes ago, Phred said:

I'm pretty sure it's the 30th anniversary of Pirates in 2019. :look:

They could do a BSB. :pir-classic:
...again. :look:

Isn't next year the 60th anniversary of Lego, and they will release a couple celebration sets (castle, pirates, town, space etc)?

Hey, that would hopefully mean they make a proper sternpiece for prefabs...

I would just love a Pirate set of any shape or size. Original, re-released, or re-imagined, I'll buy it, whatever it might be. :laugh:

I do think we might be jumping the gun here, though. I've seen the 60th anniversary sets hinted at and mentioned in various places, and it's great that we have confirmation on them now. But everything I've seen indicates that the idea that they're based on classic LEGO themes at all is pure speculation, and any potential Pirate sets are speculation on that speculation. They could also be brick boxes or sets featuring LEGO stores and factories, or brick versions of old wooden LEGO toys, or new versions of the LEGO sets from 60 years ago. We just don't know. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong--I'd love to be, but I don't think I am.)

(And yes, this is coming from someone who wildly speculates about Pirates in 2019 based on the 30th anniversary--but partially in the hope that keeping the idea alive could help result in plans being made if they aren't already. :blush: Whatever these 60th anniversary sets are, they've probably been decided on and designed already.)

TC

I hope for a modern 2000++ bricks set based on eldorado fortress, maybe something like a fortified town with some civilians and animals :wub:

Probably won't be next year, but maybe in 2019 :grin:

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

it is more a kind of creator, basic box in different sizes.

EB user @Klaus-Dieter had described these sets in the same way, but he said they at least would include some "special" elements that would of interest to MOCers. Do you know of any specifics regarding this particular detail?

Don't give up hope guys! The January calendar leaked online and at the bottom there is a promo for the 60 years of lego! I can't read the dates that it applies to but if you spend $125 on (some date in January) thru (some date in January) it comes with 4 micro builds one involving city or town (looks like a read boat, but not sure), A classic yellow castle (micro version of the original), A classic space spaceship with a moon like surface, and the best for last, a micro Black Seas Barracuda with a water build for a base! 

17 hours ago, azog said:

Don't give up hope guys! The January calendar leaked online and at the bottom there is a promo for the 60 years of lego! I can't read the dates that it applies to but if you spend $125 on (some date in January) thru (some date in January) it comes with 4 micro builds one involving city or town (looks like a read boat, but not sure), A classic yellow castle (micro version of the original), A classic space spaceship with a moon like surface, and the best for last, a micro Black Seas Barracuda with a water build for a base! 

I like the throwback retro theme of it. I’ll definitely pick one up. 

It's probably going to be like $150 CAD in Canada.  Hope I get cash for Christmas instead of presents.  :classic:

Over on Instagram, there's a leaked image of a summer 2018 Creator set to be released in August under the set number 31084. It's a massive pirate themed rollercoaster set made up of multiple homaged takes on Classic Pirate sets.

Head on over to the 2018 Creator topic on the Special Themes subforum for additional details. :wink:

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Over on Instagram, there's a leaked image of a summer 2018 Creator set to be released in August under the set number 31084. It's a massive pirate themed rollercoaster set made up of multiple homaged takes on Classic Pirate sets.

Head on over to the 2018 Creator topic on the Special Themes subforum for additional details. :wink:

Wow! That looks incredible! I think that set will be one of the rare creator sets I will pick up! Thanks for the information!

Edited by LegoModularFan

From what I can make out, that is a nice set on its own - but also a treasure chest (pun intended) for Pirates fans! I think the fort could stand alone, and the rock skull with the wrecked ship could work as a little island scene as well.

3 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Wow! That looks incredible! I think that set will be one of the rare creator sets I will pick up! Thanks for the information!

Unless you've already seen these from the 2018 discussion topic, here are the set names and numbers for all the summer sets for the theme we know of so far. The names sound odd, but they're crude translations anyway, yet there might be something to gleam from them.

1. 31077 Universe Surprises
  2. 31083 Ship Adventures
  3. 31084 Pirates' Rollercoaster
  4. 31085 Fallingwater Show

Edit: Oh yeah, has anyone here also seen the leaked image for the Ideas Ship-In-A-Bottle set?

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On 28/12/2017 at 2:55 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Edit: Oh yeah, has anyone here also seen the leaked image for the Ideas Ship-In-A-Bottle set?

Yes I did! That set is cool! That’s the third set which interests me after the Old Fishing Store and the maze...

On 29/12/2017 at 6:23 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Yes I did! That set is cool! That’s the third set which interests me after the Old Fishing Store and the maze...

Where did you find it? Please could you PM it to me? :) 

12 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Here are the official images for the Ideas Ship in a Bottle set.

Brickset - 21313 Ship in a Bottle

Reveal hidden contents

21313_Front_01.jpg

21313_Back_02.jpg

21313_Back_01.jpg

With this one and the LE Micro-BSB, there are two "official" microships around soon. Good times!

I would really like an updated version of the Imperial flagship! I do remember seeing something with some micro builds of some of the best past builds... It might have been on Lego Ideas though... Can't remember.