Robert8

Disney Princesses 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Yes, that's definitely Pascal :o

I'm expecting to see some form of Aladdin set on the horizon. With the new live action movie coming next year, Lego would be crazy not to jump on an Aladdin palace set to cash in when the movie is available. I would definitely want something around the size of the Tremaine Manor we've gotten in the last wave though. I'd also love to see a Lego Minidoll of Jafar, seen as they seem to be including villains more these days. Although I have fears that if an Aladdin Palace did come Jafar would get sidelined for Genie, which is still great, but we've yet to get a minidoll/minifigure of Jafar, who's one of Disney's best villains in my opinion.

On 4/26/2018 at 4:04 AM, Feng-huang0296 said:

That's it. Thank god. Both Rapunzel sets are a major disappointment. If only we'd gotten something for Merida . . .

I would definitely buy a set that included Merida and her mother (human or bear). It really seems a shame that a few of the princesses (Ariel, Cinderella) have so many sets and the rest of them get only one or two. :/

Edited by MandyNeko

14 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I'm expecting to see some form of Aladdin set on the horizon. With the new live action movie coming next year, Lego would be crazy not to jump on an Aladdin palace set to cash in when the movie is available.

Like with 2017's Beauty and the Beast, I'm expecting at least one BrickHeadz set based upon the animated classic as a tie-in for the live-action adaptation. 

Preferably though, I'd like to see a line of playsets based upon the upcoming live-action remake as a sort of spiritual successor to the line of sets Lego did for 2009's Prince of Persia, with minifigures please. :classic:

I'm not a fan of the bedroom set. I don't think it adds anything that hasn't already been done, both as a Rapunzel set & also done to death overall across the line.
The cart on the other hand, despite seeing why people aren't fans, I think has potential. It's top heavy & too tall as is but should be easy to tweak.
I don't understand those calling it 'garish' though- brown, pale yellow & purple. That's not many colours & none of them bright

I wish they would've included another of Ariel's sisters in the Juniors set. But they usually only come with one mini-doll so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Ariel must be so popular compared to the other Princesses; I mean there's literally her whole movie covered now, right? We have Atlantica, Ariel's cave along with Ursula's lair; the "Kiss The Girl" scene along with the dining table scene; some of the sets contain a "Under The Sea" homage; the dolphin carriage and her wedding boat which also includes Max! What more could they possibly introduce for Ariel now?

3 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Ariel must be so popular compared to the other Princesses; I mean there's literally her whole movie covered now, right? We have Atlantica, Ariel's cave along with Ursula's lair; the "Kiss The Girl" scene along with the dining table scene; some of the sets contain a "Under The Sea" homage; the dolphin carriage and her wedding boat which also includes Max! What more could they possibly introduce for Ariel now?

From the original movie, we are still missing the Shipwreck scene from the beggining, also Eric's wedding with Vanessa, and the final battle with giant Ursula

Also, The Little Mermaid 2 and 3 stuff

And the Little Mermaid had a TV show. So, they could use that. 

She was friends with a killer whale in the show. And there is a rumors of a new whale mould coming out soon

Image result for the little mermaid TV show orca

Edited by Robert8

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

From the original movie, we are still missing the Shipwreck scene from the beggining, also Eric's wedding with Vanessa, and the final battle with giant Ursula

Also, The Little Mermaid 2 and 3 stuff

And the Little Mermaid had a TV show. So, they could use that. 

She was friends with a killer whale in the show. And there is a rumors of a new whale mould coming out soon

Image result for the little mermaid TV show orca

Yeah, I could see all those being sets.

They should expand on others now though; I'd even allow them to re-visit Cinderella if we got the Tremaine's or something like that.

On brickset there are high quality photos of disney princess summer sets and disney juniors sets. I like that in Belle's story time lego reuses the disney book from disney castle. I like that part and i am happy it comes in a cheaper set.

https://brickset.com/sets/41157-1/Rapunzel-s-Travelling-Caravan

https://brickset.com/sets/41156-1/Rapunzel-s-Castle-Bedroom

https://brickset.com/sets/10765-1/Ariel-s-Underwater-Concert

https://brickset.com/sets/10762-1/Belle-s-Story-Time

Edited by cebelicamya

Looks like we now have set numbers for at least four of six 2019 Disney Princess sets from an Instagram leaker:

• 41158 Princess 1
  • 41160 Princess 2
  • 41162 Princess 5
  • 41163 Princess 6

I wonder if we'll get Wreck It Ralph 2 sets here

All of the princesses are getting brand new pajama party looks 

Image result for wreck it ralph 2

Edited by Robert8

Sets based off of the Wreck it Ralph scenes would be a great treat, but I’m sure that requires getting licensing to WiR (at least for the new outfits) and I can’t imagine TLG doing that and not making a wave for the actual characters and story, and there’ve sadly been no rumors about that.

Anyway, I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again. Tiana and Pocahontas. Please. Maybe even some princesses we’ve only gotten once, like Merida, Jasmine or Snow White. Pretty much anybody who isn’t Airel, Elsa, Anna, Cinderella or Rapunzel.

7 hours ago, saysonder said:

Anyway, I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again. Tiana and Pocahontas. Please. Maybe even some princesses we’ve only gotten once, like Merida, Jasmine or Snow White. Pretty much anybody who isn’t Airel, Elsa, Anna, Cinderella or Rapunzel.

I want two things for the next year's wave: a set with Poca, her canoe and Grandmother Willow (teal pieces for trees, yey!) ; and a big proper Arabic palace for Jasmine. They can stick Tiana in a Juniors set to complete the big 11.

Edited by FortNerd

On 8/11/2018 at 6:37 PM, Robert8 said:

All of the princesses are getting brand new pajama party look

I've said before elsewhere that I find Snow White's reimagined look kinda odd, but now I can even say the same for Cinderella upon seeing this new promotional image. :thumbdown: :wacko:

On 8/12/2018 at 12:37 AM, Robert8 said:

I spent ages trying to figure out why Andrea from LEGO Friends was sat with them before I realised it was Tiana.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:37 AM, Robert8 said:

Please, Lego. 

I need a mini-doll version of Elsa with that glorious shirt. 

On 8/11/2018 at 6:37 PM, Robert8 said:

Also, Merida is seen in this teaser which was posted three days ago:

Maybe it could be a set like Fun in the Park, Fun at the Beach and Fun Outdoors. 

Fun in the Dressing Room? 

Or wherever they are...

What I find most interesting is there’s six sets. Frozen 2 is coming out next year so we can guess at most one of these will be Froze themed as many more will come out later in the year. If they were to make one an Arendelle castle with Hans, Elsa in her coronation dress and Anna would be likely. 

Cinderella and Ariel both have two larger sets with additional characters out currently and I can’t see them making any more sets for Cindy as her whole film basically takes place in those two locations. Ariel could have another undersea castle with Triton and a sister, but that’s all that I can think of. I can’t imagine them releasing another set with Eric so soon after the last pricy one. Additionally the only animal friend of Ariel’s that can’t be found in the sets currently is Scuttle, so if they do make an undersea castle I’ll bet he’s in it.

It’s exciting to see what they’ll come up with as those three films constantly take up all the set slots. Palace Pets seems to be retired too so I think it’s guaranteed at this stage that at least four of these sets are based of the other princesses.

• Snow White’s cottage has yet to be released in a non DUPLO/Juniors set, so I think it’s likely we’ll get one. It would work very well with the Build And Swap theme we have going on and it would require no new moulds due to the juniors set. We could potentially get a new mould for a dwarf (using Dr. Fox’s or more likely the Goblins from Elves arms), but that could be wishful thinking. I don’t think her prince or villain are likely so this set will probably be cheaper.
  • I can’t see Aurora getting another set so soon unless it’s Juniors. The cake scene from the cottage is already in the castle set as is part of the forest and Maleficent’s lair. Plus it’s more likely Snow White would get her cottage first. Hopefully we do get a juniors set though with the fairy recoloured and if we’re really lucky, Phillip.
  • I strongly believe Belle’s castle or part of the village will be sets. She’s a very popular princess and I believe the last set sold well. She also has many different outfits to choose from that would make the set feel more special to the kids. A smaller village set with Gaston, a bookstore, a bakery (because I doubt they’ll do a Tavern), Belle in her blue dress, Phillipe and Chip could be interesting or they’ll just remake the castle in a bigger scale which would be cool too.
  • Jasmine is the most likely of all the princesses due to her live action film coming out next year. The fact these are January releases would confirm it’s cartoon based as they’d be released in March if they were based of that film. I think we’re going to get a similar set to the last one, but larger in scale. Aladdin will probably definitely show up and both he and Jasmines skin will be nougat. It’ll be interesting to see who else we’ll get besides them and Rajah, if anyone. I’d expect a DUPLO Jasmine set too if we’re getting anymore DUPLO sets.
  • Pocahontas will probably have the cheapest set unless it’s given to Tiana. I can’t imagine her being given anything besides a small river scene, campfire and Meeko.
  • I can’t see them making another Mulan or Moana set so soon, but we’ll wait and see.
  • I think the reason for Tianas lack of inclusion is the fact her skin colour will have to be the same as Moana’s, which will spark outrage amongst some fans. Of course LEGO could release a darker minidoll but I think we would’ve seen it by now, especially with the Friends reboot. Set wise I think we’ll get her restaurant with a balcony to recreate the kissing scene. 
  • I’d like a new Rapunzel’s tower and it could come with Mother Gothel, but I think any future Rapunzel sets for the time being will be based off that show. So if we do get one it’ll probably come with her and Flynn.
  • Merida could also potentially have a set as her last appearance will have been five years before when these sets come out. If she does get a set she’ll probably take one of the cheaper slots away because she’s not that popular. Angus and the bear triplets will probably show up alongside those printed tiles from the Disney D2C.

Well there’s all my ideas that I think are good educated guesses on what will potentially come out next year. Did I miss anything? 

Edited by Soupperson1

There is the slim possibility that we'll get Wreck-It-Ralph . . though I don't think Vanellope would make a good mini-doll, unless they introduce some much-demanded short legs . . . 

I'm down with a new Merida set. I missed the first one and regret it, so I'd love to make up the difference. 

I think a "child" minidoll mold is long overdue

There are several characters that can use it

-Elsa and Ana for the "want to build a snowman" scene

-Snow White's dwarfs

-Vanellope, as mentioned here

-Melody (Ariel's daughter)

-Young versions of Tiana and Charlotte

-The trolls from Frozen

-Minor characters like the Sultan or LeFou

And the list goes on and on.....

--------------------

For a Cindirella set, I can them including Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drizella. 

Ursula and Maleficent were included recently so it would make sense if Tremaine is next