Robert8

Disney Princesses 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Are the accessory sets coming in January?  Why aren't they uploaded to the website like the rest of the January sets?

Nice, a grandfather clock and a throne! I might refurnish the ground floor of Aurora's castle with those.

On 22/11/2017 at 2:07 AM, Lego-fire said:

Build and Swap? What are we swapping with? 

The sets have interchangeable parts. You could, for example, take off that balcony piece with the gold railing on Aurora's Castle and put Mulan's little shrine thing on it instead. All the modules are built on 8x8 baseplates, except the bottom part of Aurora's castle which is an 8x16 and Tremaine Manor, which can't be attached but has four slots for 8x8 modules to be attached. Also, it seems like they're all the same height, so you could put the bedroom part of Aurora's castle right next to one of the towers of the Manor, and then put the part with the entrance on top of them both to hold it together. I think so, anyway. 

I've also noticed there's specifically five princesses who get modular sections like this (if you leave out Maleficient - not that I ever want to leave her out) so if you collect all five sets and then arrange Cinderella's Manor and Aurora's Castle like so, then you could put one module from each into the assembly. Like an all-star castle mashup for all the princesses. (Though that little dock segment on Elsa's that juts out might complicate things.) 

I thought this seemed pretty obvious - it's the same basic structure as the new Creator Modular Buildinfs, just without the interchangeable door and window parts - but no one seems to have explained it, so I figured I should. JANGBRICKS' review of the Tremaine Manor includes a shot of a poster that demonstrates this pretty well. (About 11:34.)

I

Edited by Feng-huang0296
Time in the video.

There's a new minifigure skirt piece featured in this years summer Star Wars sets. Kind of makes me wonder if it was created with DIsney in mind. Have we had any updates on CMF series 2?

I bought Aurora's castle. The build is a bit dissapointing, but probably only because I'm used to Elves and their multiple technic action features. I am planning to decorate it with the bionicle vine pieces in dark blue; I'll post pics once they get here.

Regarding the new "build and swap" system, I honestly hope it dies soon. The upper modules are held in place by just two studs, and it makes them easy to tip over. This will annoy a lot of kids and parents unless they strengthen the connection by themselves. I also feel this is limiting the set designers in terms of making more varied, compositionally - pleasing build shapes. But... we'll see.

We've got images of the summer sets; only two. Both are for Rapunzel from Tangled. The Build&Swap system is sticking around, and we've got one small one in the same style as Elsa's and Mulan's which seems to be a bedroom. The other is more like Ariel's Royal Celebration Boat, looks like some kind of horse-drawn carriage. Not sure what the basis is for these . . 

In the Juniors line there's also a Belle set and Ariel set, a balcony with Cogsworth and an underwater carriage, respectively.

I'm thinking the Tangled sets are based on the show, as the show version of Rapunzel is used on the box art.

Images of Cass and Rapunzel in a new outfit have surfaced. Cass looks great! Wonderful new hairpiece. Only problem is her mouth might be a bit too big/low on her head. The only Disney Princess set I own is the original Tangled tower, so I’d love to get my hands on her to go along with my other Tangled figures 

Rapunzel looks....odd. Her face doesn’t resemble her and the TV series depicts her hair as almost golden, so her hairpiece should be regular yellow rather than cool yellow, but oh well.  Hopefully we can get an updated Eugene as well, maybe with the new Han Solo hair piece.

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

Cass looks great! Wonderful new hairpiece.

With that little curl on her forehead, it's almost like a feminine Superman hairpiece. 

2 hours ago, saysonder said:

Rapunzel looks....odd. Her face doesn’t resemble her and the TV series depicts her hair as almost golden, so her hairpiece should be regular yellow rather than cool yellow, but oh well.

To me, her eyes just look too big and sparkly for a minidoll. :wacko:

13 hours ago, saysonder said:

Images of Cass and Rapunzel in a new outfit have surfaced. Cass looks great! Wonderful new hairpiece. Only problem is her mouth might be a bit too big/low on her head. The only Disney Princess set I own is the original Tangled tower, so I’d love to get my hands on her to go along with my other Tangled figures 

Rapunzel looks....odd. Her face doesn’t resemble her and the TV series depicts her hair as almost golden, so her hairpiece should be regular yellow rather than cool yellow, but oh well.  Hopefully we can get an updated Eugene as well, maybe with the new Han Solo hair piece.

Looking at the leaked retailer catalogue again, the smaller Rapunzel set is the same size as the Milan and Frozen sets this year, so it'll probably only have Rapunzel. And the larger one, with the carriage, is big enough to make out that the box says '323 pieces'. Sadly, I can't see them putting three mini-dolls in a set of that size . . on the plus side, though, I think there are going to be different outfits for Rapunzel in each set. 

Also, Cass' outfit and wig are lovely - great use of Aira's dress leg part, I might add - but her face . . I get they're trying to translate the animation style into mini-doll form, but that mouth . . I really hope they do something to make it a bit less exaggerated on the final version. Because it kind of makes her look like she doesn't know how to apply lipstick properly. 

The Disney Princess Juniors sets for summer 2018 have been found, official images on entertainer.

The tangled sets for summer have been found on radiokontrol.

Edited by jake0324demo

On 4/20/2018 at 12:38 AM, jake0324demo said:

The tangled sets for summer have been found on radiokontrol.

The Brick Fan - LEGO Disney Summer 2018 Official Set Images 

On 4/20/2018 at 12:38 AM, jake0324demo said:

The Disney Princess Juniors sets for summer 2018 have been found, official images on entertainer.

The Brick Fan - LEGO Juniors Summer 2018 Official Set Images 

On the Tangled sets, what does "Build and Swap" imply?  Is this going to be a feature similar to the 'modular' Creator houses?  

Nevermind, I see that was answered above.

Edited by wooster
new info

Can I just say, wow that caravan looks ugly. Garish colours, absurdly disproportionate wheels, and it doesn't even look like it follows the Build and Swap series. Excellent mini-dolls and nice to get Max, but that does not make that disappointing set worth getting. Boo. 

I'm disappointed that they're sticking with the light purple and dark red for Belle's castle. I think it would be so much more attractive (and film accurate) in tan and dark red. Ugh.

4 minutes ago, LegoAndDisney said:

New Pascal looks awful!

Is this it for Disney sets this year? Or will there be more in the fall do we think?

. . Wait, that little thing in the bedroom set is Pascal? . . Dear god, I didn't recognise him. Those eyes just look so stupid and un-Pascal-ish. 

That's it. Thank god. Both Rapunzel sets are a major disappointment. If only we'd gotten something for Merida . . .