Robert8

Disney Princesses 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

-Small Mulan set

-Cinderella Castle

-The Little Mermaid Wedding Ship

-Sleeping Beauty Castle set (with Maleficent!)

-Small Frozen set with Elsa and Olaf

The The Little Mermaid Wedding Ship can be seen in this clip:

On 14/8/2017 at 5:59 AM, Soupperson1 said:

Ariel and Eric's wedding looks to be a set next year, as these shorts only show off things found in sets. That's why Triton, the dinglehopprr and Scuttle are paper cut outs...

The build looks very nice and it's nice to see a new outfit on Eric. It would've been nice to get a full wedding dress for Ariel, though I guess kids wouldn't be as excited.

It looks like they will introduce a new micro-doll (?) mold to make the Sleeping Beauty fairies 

Merryweather appears in the Sleeping Beauty caslte set as a micro-doll

Image result for merryweather fairy

Edited by Robert8

Cannot wait for The Sleeping Beauty Castle!! It's been long overdue if you ask me.

I'm also excited for Mulan; but my heart lies with Sleeping Beauty right now. I wonder when we can have pictures?

Hmm, I kind of like the color combination for Cinderella's Castle of White, Earth Blue, and Lilac. Its also rather interesting to see that these sets have a "build and swap" feature, kind of like a Creator element.

By the way, does that White castle turret crown capping both bookending towers look like a new piece? Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, it looks like a new, rounded version of part no. 6066 (pictured below).

4223716.jpg

Seen the pictures. Hmmmm...

The Cinderella Castle is going to be put to good use for me; I shall evict all the Cinderella related items and move the content from the Beauty & The Beast Castle inside. It looks more "Beauty and the beast" than it does Cinderella.

The Sleeping Beauty set is slightly underwhelming; it should have been the main castle and not some mini-build. I'll get it anyway for Merryweather.

PM me for...... free hugs. ;)

As for the sets themselves, Mulan is only interesting for the minidoll. Can't see if Mushu is included, but there's a black pony?. I am getting the Aurora set (mostly for figs and MALEFICENT), possibly the ship too but still undecided. They included Sebastian and a random puppy, but can't see Flounder. I hope a new Aurora minidoll lowers the previous one's price a bit :/ IDGAF about Elsa and for Cindy I'd rather get the carriage than the castle, but it looks nice. I like that they're using a more toned-down palette. Aurora castle is still the pinkest pink that ever pinked, but both castles are using dark blue for rooftops.

Edited by FortNerd

The black horse will be to represent Khan, Mulan's horse. Hopefully they do Mushu, and a cricket cage to represent Crickee.

Ahhhh! Maleficent? Sold! Now we just need the Evil Queen to complete the evil trinity of Disney villainesses!

I also hope we get Flora and Fauna in addition to Merryweather. I wonder if these fairy sculpts will be used in future Elves sets?

It's small and displayable. I like it. Not sure how I feel about the yellow dress, I can't remember if it's movie accurate but I'd prefer pale pink with cherry blossoms as the leaked pic suggested. (That was very low-res and blurry though, my brain may have interpreted it that way)

I will be definitely getting Aurora's castle and modding it to be covered in thorns and maybe a spider web. Not sure yet which color of thorns would be the best choice. They come in 3 shades of green, reddish brown, red, black.....

edit: if they keep the earth blue rooftops then earth blue thorns would fit great. yay

Edited by FortNerd

They make a Mulan set with an accompanying video about how she becomes a warrior and proves 'girls can do anything': but the set is of course Disney Princess themed so she's in a dress with no alternate armour. Terrific :facepalm:

It does seem like no Mushu or Little Brother or Cricket, just a standard pony (:wacko:) as 'Khan.'

This theme turns out some really top notch desirable sets, but then they make small ones like this and the Jasmine set. This is actually very reminiscent to that.

Can you even stick a figure onto a Friends pony?

And yeah, this is the reason I wanted Tiana or Poca and didn't care for Mulan - 100% guarantee that as part of DP franchise she'd be wearing a dress and not armor. Not that I'm not a fan of pretty dresses - I drooled over the 2015 Cinderella movie. But Mulan dressing up as a guy and going to war is LITERALLY the plot of her movie and it's just dumb to not include the most iconic outfit.

The junior set is a beginning for a Mulan moc.

But I cross fingers, toes and hair for a Mulan in armor polybag later, with the movie, and Mushu in a palace pet set.

Or maybe a bigger set, more consistent, with summer wave.

Pure speculation, but dreams are life ;)

3 hours ago, sousmarineuse said:

Mushu in a palace pet set.

Sadly, Palace Pets sets don't work that way. You might get Blossom for Mulan but not the actual pet that was in her movie. Yes, I know it makes no sense :) The sets are a nice cheap way to get cute animals and fantasy parts but they take up slots for real DP sets in the catalogue, so I'm not sure if I should like them or not....

Am i the only one who cant find the pictures of those sets????

i googled eveywhere for sleeping beauty pink castle(ft maleficent)

or small frozen set with elsa and anna

if anyone has a link pls send it ??

On 22/8/2017 at 6:40 PM, LegoAndDisney said:

Seen the pictures. Hmmmm...

The Cinderella Castle is going to be put to good use for me; I shall evict all the Cinderella related items and move the content from the Beauty & The Beast Castle inside. It looks more "Beauty and the beast" than it does Cinderella.

The Sleeping Beauty set is slightly underwhelming; it should have been the main castle and not some mini-build. I'll get it anyway for Merryweather.

where u seen those pictures of cinderellas new castle? cause i cant find them:/

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Excited for Maleficent! I suppose she'll have the hat piece from the CMF

what hat piece?

2 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Her horns.

Ohhh sorry my brain batteries died. For some reason I thought you were talking about Mulan. Yeah, I think it's likely the piece will be reused, though I'm not sure if they did the same with Ursula.

I really, really hope we get a new Jasmine in the summer, but that will depend on when the new Aladdin movie comes out, I guess. So Pocahontas or Tiana maybe? Or a small Frozen set that has both sisters and doesn't suck? :)

It just occured to me, if I see pics of minidoll Pocahontas from the Toy Fair my reaction will likely be a loud squeeee.

14 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

The Sleeping Beauty set is pretty but I'm a little bit disappointed that there's not Prince Philip.:sadnew:

So Aurora's going to sleep forever in never ending nightmares of love that will never come....  Way to go dark Lego......